save more battery turn off push email.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I know everybody wants there email quick and with wm you have to set it to check for new mail all the time and the more you set it to check for you it kills your batt ,so heres the work around turn off your push email set it to manuly check it yourself then go to your email provider and options and chose to forward your email to another adress and leave a copy and for the new adress put your number like 419-322-1234@vzwpix.com and it will send you an mms instantly that you have new mail and then you can send&recieve to get it that way its not checkin all day works awesome and its fast and will defenitly save your battery power enjoy:D

ps. you can also reply from this and all the links in the mms will open in your browser just like the email would hope this helps

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
yah this is a killer idea i had to save your battery because you can respond right from the message and your mms is instant plus the links work in it, for example why would you want your phone to check email all day for stupid stuff like game stop or what ever like ebay deals you know its a waste but when you really need that message you just send and receive manuly and its in your email so i guess its like a text alert for email thats instant with no battery drain. but the nice thing is since its a mms it will usaly display the hole email and all the links work just like the original one.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Nice idea since we are tossing ideas around here is what I do. I use Gmails push mail (Free to use) to sync all my contacts calendar and push mail like exchange. I have my busyness email forwarded to that Gmail account. When I get something in that I need to reply to I send and receive on my business account and reply. Same principle just no sms and the Gmail emails are received to my PPC instantly

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
thats a great idea! yah my tp2 is more of a toy for me i dont do buisnes with it its just for fun but i do alot of buying and selling on craigslist so it helps alot to have it plus i like watching dad sites at work LOL.:D

cwaters

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Neat idea! But I'm not sure I understand what you mean by WM having to check 'all the time for all email'.

I have my TP2 configured to check for email from my company's Exchange Server as well as from three other mail servers.

I believe that my Exchange Server email (configured as Outlook Email in the WM interface) is *pushed* to my device as it is received at the server and therefore does not result in the device having to check for mail on its own.

Two of the other three mailboxes are configured to use IMAP and to only check for new email on the schedule that I've defined. The third mailbox is MSN/Hotmail, which can be configured via a schedule. (Granted, I have it configured to check 'as items arrive' but I still don't believe that results in the device checking for mail on its own.

So in my scenario, I don't believe my device actually checks for email 'all the time'. Am I wrong?

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i have a pop3 account and in the email settings you have to tell it to check all the time or 5,10 15 minutes and so on and when it goes to check it from your phone it uses alot of battery to check it all day.

cwaters

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Ah, now I understand; thanks. Yes, configuring POP3 (or IMAP, for that matter) to check "all the time" would definitely have an adverse affect upon the battery!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven