Tips,Tricks & Tweaks

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
"Thanks" to ByronP for getting the go ahead by Big D to start this thread. I would first like to say, "I, in no way, take credit for any of the tips, tricks or tweaks I share on this site. These are from other creators, from other sites that have put their hard work into these files, which makes our devices and software a little more pleasurable." If you see any mistakes, please don't hesitate to notify me, as I am new to this myself. These will continue to be updated, but feel free to add your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
MS SkyMarket- Adds the Windows Market Place to your 6.0/6.1 device. (Install>soft reset.)

Conflipper NA Weather V3- Adds North American hometown cities to the database, so you can get local weather. (Turn off TF3D>install>soft reset>turn on TF3D.)

File Explorer Ext-
Gives you more folders for easier use and navigating. (Install>soft reset.)

At0mAng_Leo_Slider_1919- Slider bar icons from HTC Leo TF3D 2.5 manilla. (Install>soft reset.)

AtomAng Enhanced D3D Driver- Make programs run a lot smoother and snappier in TF3D. (Install>soft reset.)

Last edited:

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
here's one called psshutxp it can be mapped to your long send button press to open it or where ever you want. what it does its like when you go on yor pc and hit shut down it gives you the option to restart,shutdown,hard reset,you can even schedule times for it to do these tasks and if you search it on google you can even reskin it how ever you like this one im adding looks like windows xp style its just a cab file easy install you can even set a password on it.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Tip for noobies always save your cab files /software to your memory card that way if you lose the phone or have to hard reset you dont have to find them again also save a copy to your pc, also alot of you dont know that you can go right to the web on your phone and download these cab files,ringtones ,wallpapers etc no pc needed that is why wm phones are so awesome the mods,hacks are never ending.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Must have free movie site www.blackberryreadyvids.com this place is awesome there are thousands of movies for free already mp4 for your phone no converting at all just download to your pc and drag and drop to your mem card if you like it dont forget to donate even if its a buck also you dont even have to sign up at all just browse and dl

step 1: go to the site and on the right side of the page there is a colum scroll down till you see the mp4 section search for what you want,after you find what your looking for under the pic of the movie there will be a link it will take you to megaupload to dl it one it opens up there will be a box in the upper right corner that asks you to put the code in the box that you see once you do that it will begin the process just pick the free dl option not premium and there you go the only difference between the too is free you can only dl so much in one day and its slower thats it enjoy!

PS. at the bottom of the mp4 list there is the new section he has all the good stuff like transformers 2 and so on.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
disable push internet in opera.

this next series of tweaks will improve the speed ,memory,and battery,you will save 10mbs of memory and your battery will last alot longer.

if you do all the tweaks i post it will make a big difference i found these and confirm they work great but i can not take credit for them.

1st, install the disable push internet cab and soft reset this will stop opera from runing in the background that kills your batt and memory.this allows you to shut it off by the x button.

2nd, do these registry edits and soft reset i will put a link to the site that explains what these do.the one edit will force opera to be in the task manager by default its not so you can never shut it off but with this you can.

To make the change, navigate to “HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\ResProxy” using a registry editor and change “ShareMemSize” to 0. By the way, if you want Opera to show up in HTC’s task manager, go to “HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System” and delete "Opera9.exe."

i will also include the cab for phm regedit free registry editor,you can edit your registry from the phone.please do not attempt these if you do not know what you are doing i will not be responsible for you messing up your phone, at your own risk.

you can always just install the cab file and it will make a difference because it will still let you fully exit opera were before you couldnt.

after you apply these tweaks open your opera browser and in the browser bar type opera:config just like i got it,it will take you to the hidden settings page scroll down and pick user prefs and then scroll down to the m's alphabetical order you will see the option for max tabs stock opera only allows for 2 tabs but you can set it to 5 tabs,after that scroll down to the t's section and you will see turbo mode enable it after you have made these changes scroll to the very bottom of the page and hit save then you must soft reset for the changes to take effect but only do this after the other tweaks.turbo mode does make a big diff in browsing speed.

link for the reg hacks i posted with the info:http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/how-to-disable-tf3d-push-internet-save-10mb-of-memory

link to xda with info on the cab file:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

please read these treads if you have any ? they will help you far more than i can.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
unlock manila tfl3d start menu cab.

this will allow to unlock your start bar did you ever notice you you press start and want to remove an icon from there the first 4 are locked and you cant, this simple cab will allow you to customize all the spots just install to device and soft reset and whala your unlocked.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
disable sent message notification cab. " VERIZON TP2 ONLY"

i here everybody saying they installed it but it doesnt work this is specific to verizon tp2 only install the cab and soft reset and no more notification enjoy.

if i help at all dont forget the thanks button.:D

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
More stuf for you guys!

first one is the cab for skyfire best browser on wm phones you can listen to any radio on the net and any flash video right from the browser not you media player you can even watch those dad sites LOL. like full you tube not mobile youtube and it plays it just like your at home on you pc.

2nd one is dashwire it is a totaly free backup site for text,pics,video,your contacts,even ringtones you have ,so if you lose your phone ,stolen or just switch it out you can restore all the info back to your phone go to www.dashwire.com for sign up and more info you can set the intervals for it to sync or you can set it to manual when you want to do it great app for free.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
qwerty memory-and-battery bars

This one makes the memory and battery bars on the task bars in this picture:

sshot000-13.jpg

Top is battery and bottom is memory

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Real flip clock 2 styles 2 chose watch it flip.

i just found these on ppcgeeks now i know these work for sure on verizon but other tp2 models at your own risk. these are true flip clocks you can watch the time flip.

The first clock is the stock htc one ,white squares with black numbers.
2nd one is totaly clear so you can see your wall paper.

i will link the page for directions if further needed.

also i attached pics of both at the bottom.

1st step,install the eboelzner cab first it is a must to unlock your clock plus it in stalls the white clock weather you want the white one or the clear one you have to install this first it unlocks the clock, install and soft reset, do not uninstall if you want the clocks to stay.

step 2: if you want the clear clock install the crystal cab and soft reset like i said above you have to do step 1 first no matter what. soft reset between both cab installs.

note if you install the crystal clock and you do not like it just go to add/remove programs it will be in there just erase it and soft reset and it will go back to the white and black one if you want it back to original vzw erase both cabs and soft reset thats it.

link to site:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85678

i will also add the circuit guts wallpaper for you to download its the same wallpaper they used to show the clear clock.:D

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Some new stuff !

first one is captsure,it will let you take a screen shot of anything on your phone so you can upload it or what ever you want.

2nd,is no curtain cab this will eliminate the dark shawdow behind your bottom scroller icons and the top one by your carrier logo as always install and soft reset.
3rd,is a cab that will get rid of the carrier logo on the upper right of the screen install and soft reset.

these have been tested and work on vzw tp2 i dont know about the rest but it should still work the same.

ps. if you want to see a screen shot of my home screen just go to the sticky home screen and you see what im talking about plus it shows you the crystal clear flip clock i have. enjoy!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Remove logo cab confirmed works on Sprint TP2. Nice screen shot that scull looks kick *** very Octoberish

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
C07 Black Chrome Flip Clock- (Install> soft reset.)

WMWifiRouter Final Free Verison- Use your TP2 as a wi-fi hotspot. (Install>soft reset.)

HTC Wi-Fi Sharing- Use your TP2 as a wi-fi hotspot. (Install>soft reset.)

Lucarp78TS Sprint- Clear tab slider.

Last edited:

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for sharing all the great tips and tweaks! Keep 'em coming! :)

My practical "tip" is that if you're seriously in need of a fast recharge for the TP2, plug it into the wall charger and power off the entire device (long press on the power button). You won't be able to use the phone for a little while, but the recharge rate is quite fast! That was a bit obvious I know, but can be easy to forget.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
couldn't get the no push internet cab or the registry cab to work. wouldn't download, got error from skyfire. I'll try it through opera I guess.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
still no dice on the cab files for the opera tweak. tried to edit though registry editor but one of the keys was missing from what they want.

did the other registry edits and went from 62% memory usage to 48%. that's a good thing.

bryonp

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
get rid of bing and get google search!

here you go do this reg hack and in your touch flo menu when you type something in the search field from home screen it will use google instead of that crap bing bull crap ha LOL.

Using PHM Registry Editor:
Goto: \HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla
Modify: InternetSearchUrl
Original: http://us.m2.yahoo.com/w/onesearch?....bmit=oneSearch
ModifyTo: http://www.google.com/m?client=ms-op...&oe=utf-8&q=%s

were it says modify to :type that one in there and you'll be all good and dont forget to soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz