Tips,Tricks & Tweaks

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Another practical tip:

I've been reading about how some people have taken off the clear plastic sticker protection around the edges of the slide-out keyboard. Try not to do that as there are reports of scratches appearing on certain keys on the hardware keyboard after doing so. :eek:

With my TP2, the plastic on the right hand side peeled and came off by itself. I've followed a suggestion on the xda forums and stuck a spare piece of screen protector on the back edge of the screen on that side. Hopefully that will stave off scratches for a while! :thumbsup:

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Another practical tip:

I've been reading about how some people have taken off the clear plastic sticker protection around the edges of the slide-out keyboard. Try not to do that as there are reports of scratches appearing on certain keys on the hardware keyboard after doing so. :eek:

With my TP2, the plastic on the right hand side peeled and came off by itself. I've followed a suggestion on the xda forums and stuck a spare piece of screen protector on the back edge of the screen on that side. Hopefully that will stave off scratches for a while! :thumbsup:

Whoops, too late for me :( Being used to installing printers and such, I am so used to removing all sorts of packing/shipping material. Besides, on the one side it was already bunched up and peeling off. But so far, no scratches to report.

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I am a noob, but I did install this collection of tweaks from good things 2 life... I got my tp2 (verizon) yesterday and this was the first thing I did. Worked like a champ... just follow the directions.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640

enjoy

I am sooooo tempted to try this out! But seems there are a few warning for the VZW version. Also, how will it effect my TP2 if I am using that (AWESOME!!!!) SPB 3.5 Shell? Yes, the TF3D is really killer and that got me originally hooked on the TP2, but once you have tried the SPB 3.5 Shell, it is like being hooked on crack!!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

scbower

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Ya, I have been tempted to try the 3.5 shell, but I don't want to pay anything yet for this phone (got 30 days, and I want to see the droid).

Well, I have verizon and if you get the right cab and don't install the auto word correct or completion (like he warns) then you are good to go. Of course, you might want to just ask good things about the possible mobile shell issue with his tweak package...

Good luck

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Zoom bar as a scroll bar

This makes the Zoom Bar on the front of the TP2 work like a scroll bar in most programs but doesn't change anything in programs like Opera where the Zoom bare works to Zoom.

Found it At XDA Here

popularbelief

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Lots of CABS. Lots of MODS

Here's a bunch of different cabs with descriptions that I been collecting since I got the phone last month.
Enjoy. (Give thanks where it's due.)
OrigDefaultWMtexting4Manila -
Restores Threaded SMS (unless you're using SPB MS 3.5 then it's defaulted)
4 rows SMS input -
After using OrigDefaultWMtexting4Manila.cab use this for more SMS Space. Adds a few more rows.
Enable All Camera Modes -
Self Explanatory.
Enable In Call Recording -
Pull out your stylus during a call to enable voice recording. (Files are saved on device in notes)
Disable SMS Sent Notification -
Disable "SENT MESSAGE" Ballon (Disclaimer: Only works on Sprint tp2)
Keep on the Lookout for more.

popularbelief

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Lots of CAB. Lots of MODs Part 2

Total Commander - a file manager replacement.
AudioPara3. - Increases Speakerphone Volume by 5 bars (audibly not physically or visually). Tested. It works! Extract using Total Commander to Storage Card> Highlight Audiopara File Using Total Commander> Select Move to Windows (Device)> It will prompt "overwrite all"> Click "overwrite All"> It will prompt warning dialog box> Click Yes> Soft Reset.

BackGround For All Pages WVGA-
Keep your wallpapers on all the Manila Tabs.
Install on Device>Soft Reset
More to come.

popularbelief

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Lots of CABs. Lots of MODs. Part 3

CMYLXGOs.Hide.Sprint.TP2.Logo. -
Hides Yellow Sprint Logo
CMYLXGOs.Sprint.TP2.Flip.Clock.Enabler -
White Flip Clock with Black Letters
Personalizer_3.1 - (read me file included)
Changes Network Name -
(ie. AT&T Sucks )
All Props to WMExperts, PPCGeeks, XDA, Pocket PC Freeware

popularbelief

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Lots of CABs. Lots of MODs Part 4

HD Walls
Best Wallpaper Generator on TP2.
Instructions + Downloads on using HD Walls HERE

Scrobble-
PPC Version of Scrabble
it's really fun but you have to use stylus.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
CMYLXGOs.Hide.Sprint.TP2.Logo. -
Hides Yellow Sprint Logo
CMYLXGOs.Sprint.TP2.Flip.Clock.Enabler -
White Flip Clock with Black Letters
Personalizer_3.1 - (read me file included)
Changes Network Name -
(ie. AT&T Sucks )
All Props to WMExperts, PPCGeeks, XDA, Pocket PC Freeware

Thanks for posting and welcome to the WMExperts :thumbsup:

jfchica1987

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
this may be a dumb questions but ive never had a wm phone and i want to install some of these tweaks but i have no idea how. do i have to have a memory card to do so? i have my phone hooked up and i downloaded some of the tweaks to my comp but i dont know how to put them on my phone

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You can connect your PPC to your computer using ActivSync or device center then transfer the cab files to your device. Use File explorer on your PPC to navigate to the location you stored the cab files then when you have found the cab file you want to run just double tap and follow the on screen prompts.

jfchica1987

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
i tried to transfer them to the device but it wouldnt let me copy and paste it or drag it to the touch pro 2. it wasnt even an option to extract it. do i need a memory card

bluevmax92

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
ok so i dont remember where it is in these threads but i will say that the spb shell 3.5.1 beta is TRULY AMAZING. it looks great, is more responsive, smoother, and a whole lot more customizable. i will be buying the full version.

THIS IS WHAT WINMO 6.5 SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!!! http://www.spbsoftware.com/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3