Where's the RAM?

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about the HTC Touch Pro 2's 288 MB of RAM. When I go into the Memory bar it only says I have 183 MB of RAM. I am not sure this is the total system memory or it is just memory left for Programs to run. (I assume the Storage is for programs to install to) however the Program memory is the only one that goes up and down when I open or close a program.

That being said where is the other 105 MB of RAM? Is that dedicated to running WM and I have practicly 67% of Program memory already used.

I am looking into some of those tweaks to free up and speed up some programs. I also found out the phone runs better when you don't have 300+ txt messages in my inbox (my last phone only held 53 at most so this was a blessing).

This is my first smartphone so you will have to excuse me for not knowing anything. Tried to google it but I didn't get anything on the topic.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
you can get a microsoft myphone account and store all your text messages online for free if you need to keep them.
I tend to erase mine daily so it is not an issue.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
From what I have read it seams the RAM gets tied up in a very large page pool. It seams that HTC has decided that they know how to manage the RAM on the TP2 to better optimize the running of programs. I don't have a problem with it as long as my device runs well and so far I am not having any issues with the low RAM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett