nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
anyone else have trouble running skyfire on their tp2?
worked earlier, now it won't load pages.
any ideas, I want to get started on tweaking it, but opera doesn't like this forum very much.

Bro-row

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Skyfire!

I use Skyfire on my Verizon TP2 religiously and it works extremely well. I prefer it over the other two browsers by far.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Skyfire is working great for me as well. Try loging out then back in again. Some times the Skyfire servers can be a little buggy.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
still not having the best of luck with skyfire. worked great with my q9c. opera and opera mobile beta seem to be doing a much better job. also, skyfire wouldn't load at all with wifi and wouldn't download a file at all.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Skyfire should run just fine, but it hasn't been optimized yet for the WVGA screen... Next version should have qvga, vga and wvga native support from what I was told.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
used it some yesterday. actually connected while I had wifi going and it ran pretty smooth. still not sure if it will download files to my phone. if it will again all will be forgiven. I did contact skyfire support about it. Let's see if they have an answer.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
by they way. downloaded opera mobile beta and it is a little buggy as well. erases any saved sites when I exit and gives me an error at exit as well. very fast when using it though. I think I may just stick to that for internet basics and skyfire for the heavy internet stuff (embedded video etc)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
by they way. downloaded opera mobile beta and it is a little buggy as well. erases any saved sites when I exit and gives me an error at exit as well. very fast when using it though. I think I may just stick to that for internet basics and skyfire for the heavy internet stuff (embedded video etc)

That's what I do I use Opera for everything except media then I switch to Skyfire. Skyfire just isn't that good when browsing forums which is what I do most of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon