Windows Update a no go?

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else gotten their Windows Update to work yet? I have tried and tried, checked off use my data plan, tried with both Wi-Fi enabled or 3G only, and it fails every time with a connection problem error. Argh! :thumbsdn::censored:

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't worry, the Windows Update function has never worked any time I've tried it on any of my Windows Mobile phones either.

Now that you mention it, I can't find the Windows Update icon in Settings on my Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5. They must have removed it, I guess! :eek:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Quit fooling with that your wasting your time. There has never been a Windows update available any any device I know of.

tester24

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Each carrier has it's own way for updating. I was going to ask what carrier monomer had being that he's using 6.5, but being in the UK it doesn't matter. Just wondering how WinMo 6.5 is? Better without the touch flo 3d?

zigfire

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
When I talked to HTC customer service they said that every windows phone has to come with the windows update icon, but they don't support it and it won't work on any HTC phone.

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
When I talked to HTC customer service they said that every windows phone has to come with the windows update icon, but they don't support it and it won't work on any HTC phone.

Well, that answers it all. Thanks for this info. Thought it was just my phone LOL

gd761

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
According to Microsoft, Sprint, and HTC there have been no updates for the TP2 yet. I had the original Touch and my wife has the TP1. They both have had many updates since we first got them. When there is an update that is provided by Sprint, HTC, or Microsoft for the TP2, then we will receive them. So far no update has been made by any of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234