Weather forcast on the TF3D tab

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Twice now in a Touch Pro2 review George Ponder has talked about the fact that the weather forecast is displayed on the calendar tab in the TP2 on Sprint. I don't see it on mine can someone please post a screen shot of this?! Honestly I don't have it and I don't know how to get it displayed. Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but that's not realy what I am asking. I don't have weather shown on my calendar on my Sprint TP2 does any one else have the weather there Sprint TP2?

shootthis

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Twice now in a Touch Pro2 review George Ponder has talked about the fact that the weather forecast is displayed on the calendar tab in the TP2 on Sprint. I don't see it on mine can someone please post a screen shot of this?! Honestly I don't have it and I don't know how to get it displayed. Thanks for any help in advance.
I have a Tilt 2 running energy rom photon (10/19/09) with Manilla 2.1. On the weather tab,
If you have the version of Manilla that has this feature, it will say "my location". It may have other cities listed, but the important part is "My Location". It seems to be some location based plugin that changes the weather and time as you change locations. In order to get it to work, I had to turn on Wifi, Turn on the 3g data and then sync it up with my computer. Before that, it just gave me a "no weather data available" message. In my case, it seems to only update on wifi and edge. If I am on 3g, it does not update for some reason. I am still looking for an answer. There is a HTC utility built into this rom under start/settings/system/location settings. Make sure that location settings is turned on and that the HTC location service box is checked. Also make sure the automatically decline location service box is unchecked. I am not sure if the Sprint version has these features, but this cooked energy rom is. These setting were not in my stock ATT rom. I am attaching a screenshot of what the calendar weather looks like.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that information now if I could just get someone with a Sprint TP2 to tell me if they have anything like that because I don't. My touch Flow 3D version is 2.1.38461.1

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a Tilt 2 running energy rom photon (10/19/09) with Manilla 2.1. On the weather tab,
If you have the version of Manilla that has this feature, it will say "my location". It may have other cities listed, but the important part is "My Location". It seems to be some location based plugin that changes the weather and time as you change locations.

Yes you're quite right, my understanding is that the HTC Sense "My Location" service isn't available on the Stock Roms prior to updating to Windows Mobile 6.5. That means that HTC's TouchFLO (on the WM 6.1 Stock ROMs) won't be able to tell where you are dynamically and update the weather accordingly.

However, the TouchFLO 3D does come with weather on the Calendar Tab. You just need to set the location manually using the time settings by clicking on the main clock on the Home Tab.

In order to get it to work, I had to turn on Wifi, Turn on the 3g data and then sync it up with my computer. Before that, it just gave me a "no weather data available" message. In my case, it seems to only update on wifi and edge. If I am on 3g, it does not update for some reason. I am still looking for an answer. There is a HTC utility built into this rom under start/settings/system/location settings. Make sure that location settings is turned on and that the HTC location service box is checked. Also make sure the automatically decline location service box is unchecked. I am not sure if the Sprint version has these features, but this cooked energy rom is. These setting were not in my stock ATT rom. I am attaching a screenshot of what the calendar weather looks like.

I don't get the same problems as you do, shootthis, on my TP2. I'm running the official HTC WM6.5 European Upgrade though. And are you in a ATT 3G-enabled area when this happens? Also might be worth considering updating your radio (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4796209&postcount=8). Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm certain someone more knowledgable will be able to answer your question though.

mabmarc#WP

Aug 11, 2003
www.pdajacket.com

Now that you got it working could you post a screen shot? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6