buy now or wait

phonedrn8

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Should i pull the trigger on a tp2 6.1 or wait for 6.5 on the sprint network? I was told 6.5 should out before 2010 and a whole differnt model is comming with the differnt features. Any one heard of such a change?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
For the next 6 month to a year the TP2 will be the big dog in WM devices equipped with a qwerty. I know I know HD2 is coming but no qwerty which is a deal breaker for me. From time to time Sprint has surprised us with a well kept secret but it doesn't happen very often we usually know about up coming devices way before they arrive at this point no news is no news. That said its up to you do you need a qwerty? If not the HD2 will be a nice device still not sure if Sprint will get though but if you want a qwerty and you don't want to wait a year or so to get it I would say get the TP2 I did and I am looking forward to having the best available device for quite some time. Sprint will be offering an 6.5 update to there currant TP2 but there wont be any hardware changes involved so if 6.5 is your hold-up just unlock and flash something custom that's what I did. Sprints 6.5 update wont be available till next year.

mabmarc#WP

Aug 11, 2003
www.pdajacket.com
Sprint will be offering an 6.5 update to there currant TP2 but there wont be any hardware changes involved so if 6.5 is your hold-up just unlock and flash something custom that's what I did. Sprints 6.5 update wont be available till next year.

What 6.5 rom are you using? Is it stable? I know the ROM's I tried on my touch diamond would some times lock up and I would have to reset. I have a TP2 on the way and should have it by Friday.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
What 6.5 rom are you using? Is it stable? I know the ROM's I tried on my touch diamond would some times lock up and I would have to reset. I have a TP2 on the way and should have it by Friday.

That's what I'm wondering as well.

I've had my TP2 now for over a month and decided not to return it and wait for something else in 2010 Q1. I've stopped using TouchFlo 3D for the most part since it's somewhat inefficient for busy phone/email/text use (looks good tho) and just run the stock 6.1. Doesn't look great and I haven't decided to run a cooked ROM for the same reason you mentioned. Are there any stable ones that look professional? A lot of interesting looking hard work by a lot of people I'm sure, but I just want a stable professional looking alternative, or I'll just wait for 6.5 to release and hope it's stable too.

The web browsing with Opera is terrific, great reception and call quality, speakerphone is terrific, qwerty keyboard is terrific (even the onscreen is great), and battery life is doing well. Device build quality is still awesome after heavy use.

Thanks.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have run them all the best most stable is the Mighty ROM it is actually more stable than the Sprint 6.1 stock ROM. If you are looking fore some eye candy and a decent amount of stability I am currently running Jucys latest ROM I would say its a tad laggy at times but still very stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss