SENNA Case for the TP2 - excellent quality, but bad problem :(

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Senna Case in yesterday after ordering it last week (dark brown):
http://store.wmexperts.com/sena-cases-vertical-pouch/4A25A832.htm

I was quite excited to get it! The current Body Glove side case I am using now is sort of a tight fit. And being a side case, it sort of sticks out both on the front and rear ends, so catches on too many things for my comfort.

Well, opening up the box (like a nice box you'd get with an expensive watch), I see this totally gorgeous case. And oh, the aroma of nice leather!!!!! It is extremely well made, as good as an expensive COACH Purse (believe me I know - had to buy enough of those every time in the dog house with the GF LOL). And the interior? So plush and soft, could not stop rubbing that :)

But now the problems happen . . . . .

The case is very well made as I said. Sadly though, the sides are solid (no stretch/spandex), so my Verizon TP2 is a slightly loose fit. I can still live with that, as I love this case! But then the tragic moment!!!!!!!! When I put the phone in . . . . . zip-zip, zip-zip. The magnets of the case keep turning my phone on!!!!!! Luckily I do have S2U2 on my phone, but still it starts up that screen and you keep hearing the keyboard open sound file played (I set that to on, and using the mechanical sound). Is there any way to stop/prevent this? If not, I will need to return this case (it was also the most expensive one at $39 too). And I really wanted this one because I just don't care for the looks or colors of all the rest of the top cases.

I just read the battery post. Am installing that disable slide to open CAB now. Will see how that works.

Last edited:

billbell52

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem with a case I got from Sprint. I took it back and had them look into how to disable the turning on feature. They gave up and gave me money back for the case. The store still does not carry the phone but they seemed familiar with it and one clerk had one.

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, I tried the disable slide to open cab, and it worked for only about a day. Now the thing is driving me crazy with the zip-zip sound. Yes, of course I can disable the sound. But that is not what is at issue here - it is the magnets instigating the fake signal to slide to open the phone that is driving me crazy. Guess there is no alternative that to return the case - unless there is a more permanent solution to disabling the fake signal?

Makes me wonder - just WHY did they design these this way?? Why not use the magnets to put it into sleep mode like the Blackberrys do?

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
*** UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Sena. They do not have a case made for our TP2/Tilt2 as of yet. The lady did tell me they are in the process of designing a slim case, but the one I got on here, and listed for the TP2/Tilt2, is not correct. Thus why the magents are driving the phone crazy.

I WILL say though, if the correct case is anything like this one, it will be the "Rolls Royce" of top cases for the TP2!!!

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
*** UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Sena. They do not have a case made for our TP2/Tilt2 as of yet. The lady did tell me they are in the process of designing a slim case, but the one I got on here, and listed for the TP2/Tilt2, is not correct. Thus why the magents are driving the phone crazy.

I WILL say though, if the correct case is anything like this one, it will be the "Rolls Royce" of top cases for the TP2!!!

Probably like the Ecolife cases reviewed & sold here for the TP2/Tilt2. They intentionally have extra magnets to take advantage of some Blackberry features. But those magnets are NOT friendly to our phones. :rolleyes:

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Probably like the Ecolife cases reviewed & sold here for the TP2/Tilt2. They intentionally have extra magnets to take advantage of some Blackberry features. But those magnets are NOT friendly to our phones. :rolleyes:

I had thought about those cases, but am just not a fan of cloth type cases. I love this Sena case because it is not only (soft) leather, but a rich brown color (never been particular about black, but browns and tans I love so much).

Guess for now I will just have to go back to the Body Glove side case I have. It works, but just the fr/rr ends stick out too much and get caught on stuff.

Mush

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Got an HTC case

The TP2 would fit in the belt case I had for a Treo 755, but turned on each time I put the phone in the case. Found a HTC case listed as compatable with the TP2 at Best Buy. Odd thing is that it also has a magnetic cover, but does not turn the phone on.
Charlie

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Indeed the location and strength of the magnets is what controlls.

You're right. The fortte vertical case that I inherited from my 8525 creates no issues. Neither does the Nite Ize executive horizontal case. Both use magnetic clasps & work well with the Tilt2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers