Just curious, anyone else noticing memory leaks with the official OEM 6.5 update? The other night I was at 78%, and 30 megs left for programs. I used Cleanram, and it got it back down to 65% and 64 megs. But when the phone is freshly rebooted I am at 52% and over 85 megs. I do have GAlarm running and E-Mail updating every 15 min, but the worst it would get is up to 65% and 60 megs after a lot of E-Mail and web use (and at times, YouTube as well). Now a couple of days ago I had just been trying 1 "push" webpage (WMExperts) for the heck of it at 6 hour intervals. Perhaps that may have been the problem?
    02-04-2010 04:36 PM
    Just curious, anyone else noticing memory leaks with the official OEM 6.5 update? The other night I was at 78%, and 30 megs left for programs. I used Cleanram, and it got it back down to 65% and 64 megs. But when the phone is freshly rebooted I am at 52% and over 85 megs. I do have GAlarm running and E-Mail updating every 15 min, but the worst it would get is up to 65% and 60 megs after a lot of E-Mail and web use (and at times, YouTube as well). Now a couple of days ago I had just been trying 1 "push" webpage (WMExperts) for the heck of it at 6 hour intervals. Perhaps that may have been the problem?
    As much as I like the Sense UI, I found it too clunky in terms of RAM usage. Instead, I got SPB Mobile shell, and regularly keep at no higher than 70% with several apps running. Works great for me.

Hope it helps...
    02-06-2010 10:02 PM
    Hay Rocky have you tried the hack to remove the Opera push pages and the other memory hacks?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ho...10mb-of-memory
    R32_Rocky, mixman and waldo15 like this.
    02-07-2010 11:53 AM
    Hay Rocky have you tried the hack to remove the Opera push pages and the other memory hacks?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ho...10mb-of-memory
    Thanks D! For some reason, I didn't think it was needed in 6.5 anymore, but you were right. So far after trying this, I start with 46%/100m and seem to be staying around 53-56% and 90-86m. But time will tell as I use it more. Thanks!!!
    02-07-2010 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD