Noob need help. Tilt2 Missing Contact View

TreoEntertainer

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded my Palm TreoPro to the HTC Tilt2. In my TreoPro, when viewing contacts, there was an option in the Menu to "View By" which would allow you to select "Name" or "Company". When viewing contacts. This is extremely helpful when doing sales calls and searching for a contact name within a company. The TreoPro would sort by company then below that it would sort the contacts I had listed in that company.

So, how do I get this feature on my new Tilt2? Is there another way to do the same?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I pulled up the user guide in pdf format and did not see anything in there about viewing conatacts by company view. Have you checked in the contacts options on tilt2?

TreoEntertainer

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the contacts options allow me to view by category which is not really a help. I have been using PDA, Smartphones since the original Palm Pilot in 1995. I have almost 5000 active contacts in there and sometimes searching by company is quicker than remembering all the individuals at the company.

I often drop in on some of the companies I do business with, and as I'm entering the building I search the company and decide who I'm going to visit. This was an option on my old Palm Pilots, the Palm Treos (both Palm OS and WM) but I don't see it in the Tilt2/Touch Pro. I can't believe Palm is the only brilliant one to figure that out?

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
So, how do I get this feature on my new Tilt2? Is there another way to do the same?

When you go into your contact manager, open the menu on the bottom right. One of the choices is "View By" & gives you a choice of name ore company. As soon as you choose one, the list changes to showing that view, including # of contacts for that company. Tap the company name & it opens a sub-list of all contacts in that company.

TreoEntertainer

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Thank you though. What you describe is exactly what I had in my Palm Treo Pro, but it does not appear in the Tilt2. Its what I want.

When I open contacts and select "View" (no "View By" choice) from the menu, all it displays are "All", "Contacts" and "SIM", only giving the option to select which contact book, not which contact view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism