Sprint new official Touch Pro 2 ROM 2.5 Tweaks thread (Last update 3/23/10)

TetterkeT

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
2. Why not just use the HTC WIFI Internet sharing?

Using the WIFI drains battery quicker. By tethering via USB I can keep my phone charged and only use one outlet to plug my laptop in. This is helpful in some places (cafes/trains/airports/etc.) where outlets are hard to come by.

slck323

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Help finding "Hide Settings"

I am using most of your tweaks, they are great. The only one that i am having trouble with is finding "hide settings" in the registry. I have looked through out and can not find it. I am currently using total commander/ce the beta version. Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread was getting a little off topic its all my fault I am just so glad the community is enjoying my thread but as an Admin I should know better. I have cleaned things up a bit made a new thread strictly for Q&A about the new Sprint ROM find the thread HERE<LINK

Also rddt I mad you your own thread Pro vs TP2 & new 6.5 features (esp. Contact Management)

All good questions now moving on.

So lets try to keep this thread conversation about new tweeks and specific questions about the ones we already have. Thanks everyone and keep those questions/tweaks coming.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Using the WIFI drains battery quicker. By tethering via USB I can keep my phone charged and only use one outlet to plug my laptop in. This is helpful in some places (cafes/trains/airports/etc.) where outlets are hard to come by.

Very nice and good point post the cab and information you used to get this working and I will add it to one of the front posts and give you credit for the info :D Thanks for the contribution. ;)

I am using most of your tweaks, they are great. The only one that i am having trouble with is finding "hide settings" in the registry. I have looked through out and can not find it. I am currently using total commander/ce the beta version. Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks...

Wow I have ben trying for a while now and I cant find it either I guess I should try all this stuff before I post it. I am going to do some more research before I remove it from the posting all together. I don't know what we are doing wrong if someone gets this to work please post the correct file path to the DWord in the registry.

slck323

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
lol

I"m just happy I'm not the only one, felt a little stupid for a min there. I had already moved settings from the start menu in the registry. How do i get it back until someone figures this issue out.

Thanks...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I"m just happy I'm not the only one, felt a little stupid for a min there. I had already moved settings from the start menu in the registry. How do i get it back until someone figures this issue out.

Thanks...

I have added the .ink file to this post all you should need to do is un-zip the file then move it to your start menu programs file using ActivSync. Let me know if it works.

slck323

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have vista, so all i can use is wmdc. It does not allow me to go to deep into the registry. Unless im doing something wrong i cant see if that works or not.

Sorry...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have vista, so all i can use is wmdc. It does not allow me to go to deep into the registry. Unless im doing something wrong i cant see if that works or not.

Sorry...

Download the file on your device using Opera unzip to my documents then use file explorer to cut and past the file to Windows/Start Menu/Programs that should work.

abthrust

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I was on a Jan `10 release of Mighty Rom before I switched to the Sprint 6.5 ROM. I like the new Sense UI. This ROM combined with a few cabs from Big D5, make it a perfect combination.

There is however one feature on Mighty's that is not available in this ROM... The ability to record a phone conversation while on a call! Does anyone have a CAB for this?

mikegoblue

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Big D5 and group,
PLEASE forgive me for being a novice (brand new TP2 user) as some of these questions may be silly. Thank you very much in advance.

I loaded the following CABs to my TP2 and am loving them so thank everybody so much:
- 16 Quick Links
- Modded TaskBar
- No Curtains
- JD TaskManager
- Remove Quick Link Background.

I have questions on the following:
1) No Clock Background CAB - will this remove the clock from the main screen? I do like it there so not sure what this CAB will end up doing. Your screen shot still shows a clockso that confused me.
2) No Weather Animation CAB - will I still have weather on the main screen? I am assuming so but rather it would be there without the floating weather which obstructs the view of the quick links. I didn't want to load until confirmed.
3) Powerbutton 12 Icon CAB - This one sounds awesome if it works. I hate having to remove the back cover for a soft reset as an example. If I load this, will I still be able to use the regular functions of the phone (ie: 12 quicklinks, etc)? It this is simply additional functionality on top of the regular functionality, I am in.
4) Total Command, HD Tweak, and Advanced Config Tool - what are those? Would a novice such as myself need those or even be able to figure them out?

Thanks again. I am sorry if this was too long of a post.

Michael

jrny99

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
looks nice but ?

how did you get Awesome start to fill the screen ?

More stuff:

*LockDevice_V1.6.2 (Sets auto lock when device is turned off)

*XDA shutdown (soft reset program)

ScreenShot7-1.jpg

*XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA (WIFI Internet sharing) I am not sure if Sprint can track this usage so use at your own risk. Works great loads to Settings/connections so go there to start the program.

*Max Manila 2.5 - v3.0 (beta)

Warning this does not play well with some of the other tweaks listed so you might want to do a Hard Reset before installing especially if you have been using any of the other Manila tweaks.

More information HERE

ScreenShot4-1.jpg
ScreenShot5-2.jpg
ScreenShot4-1.jpg

Here is a nice one called Awesome Start Honeycomb Replacement read more HERE New
ScreenShot2-2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs