Sprint new official Touch Pro 2 ROM 2.5 Tweaks thread (Last update 3/23/10)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Link to download the new Sprint ROM:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.htc.com%2Fus%2Fsupport%2F&token=zzTm5zFR

Remember to do a Hard Reset after flashing it help things to take to the flash memory.

Some Registry Edits:

Disable Notification - HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER\Flags. It should be 0 by default - change it to 4.
This gives you WM notifications.

classic volume - delete HTCVolume folder in Registry

Stop Settings from going to Settings Tab -
1. with Total Commander move htcsettings.lnk from the Start Menu.
2. Search the registry for hide settings and change it from 1 to 0.
now soft reset and you'll be ready to go

Cab files attached for:

*16 Quick Links (Disable Sense first)
*Background on all tabs
*Cellguy Blue Glow
*No Top Curtains
*No Curtains

Want some nice themes for your new ROM get them HERE New

All the information in this post was taken for PPCGeeks and other sites. Thanks to all those that have worked so hard to make these tweaks posable.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Some more fun Cabs attached:

*No clock background
*No weather anemations
*OMJ stop clock flip
*PurianS Tsowen Modded Taskbar
*Remove Quick Link Background

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Some nice Applications cabs atached:

*Advanced Configurations tool
*HD Tweek 0.5.4
*Total Commander
*HTC Task Manager
*Smabergs actionscreen
New
ScreenShot1-6.jpg

Press and holed the start button for 3 seconds to activate. More information HERE
***Post up any suggestions and I will add them to these posts so we can have a one stop tweak shop for our new official Sprint 2.5 ROM*** :D:D

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Some Screen Shots:

ScreenShot1-4.jpg
ScreenShot2.jpg
ScreenShot3-1.jpg

I am runing:

*No clock background
*No weather anemations
*OMJ stop clock flip
*HTC Task Manager
*16 Quick Links
*Background on all tabs
*Cellguy Blue Glow
*No Curtains

Nice

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
More stuff:

*LockDevice_V1.6.2 (Sets auto lock when device is turned off)

*XDA shutdown (soft reset program)

ScreenShot7-1.jpg

*XDA-Tom_Codon CM Wifi Internet Sharing VGA (WIFI Internet sharing) I am not sure if Sprint can track this usage so use at your own risk. Works great loads to Settings/connections so go there to start the program.

*Max Manila 2.5 - v3.0 (beta)

Warning this does not play well with some of the other tweaks listed so you might want to do a Hard Reset before installing especially if you have been using any of the other Manila tweaks.

More information HERE

ScreenShot4-1.jpg
ScreenShot5-2.jpg
ScreenShot4-1.jpg

Here is a nice one called Awesome Start Honeycomb Replacement read more HERE New
ScreenShot2-2.jpg

BoeSki

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Some more fun Cabs attached:

*No clock background
*No weather anemations
*OMJ stop clock flip

Just curious as to what can I replace the Quick Links with if I remove them with the cab. I would love to have my missed calls, voicemail in their place like 6.1.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I've just moved to the Sprint TP2 from Treo Pro. Been using devices since I owned a Zaurus. Treo 270, 650, 700p, 800w, Treo Pro. Got the TP2 through corporate sales for a ridiculously cheap price. Got it Thursday and did 6.5 update this morning. All went well until I did a restore from Sprite backup. It brought some files that I guess were designed for 6.1 or something like that and messed up a few apps. Anyway, I did a hard reset and reloaded apps and redid settings one at a time. TP2 is now screaming along. I really love this device. BigD5 you seem to be the guru here so I would like to ask a few questions. How do you disable sense? Do any of the following tweaks require a hard reset: xda shutdown, 16 quicklinks, background on all tabs? What does the curtains tweak effect? What does advance configuration tools do? Is Resco 2008 a good registry edit app? I had the Palm version on my devices and it worked well. Also, can I launch these tweaks from SD card? I hope I haven't used my question quota up. Thanks in advance.:D:D

How do you disable sense?
Go to settings tab tap menu all settings/today/items tab un check HTC Sense
Do any of the following tweaks require a hard reset: xda shutdown, 16 quicklinks, background on all tabs?
No
Is Resco 2008 a good registry edit app?
Yes
can I launch these tweaks from SD card?
Yes
I hope I haven't used my question quota up
Keep them coming that's what we are here for

Just curious as to what can I replace the Quick Links with if I remove them with the cab. I would love to have my missed calls, voicemail in their place like 6.1.

That cab is to remove the tile background around the quick link to give it a more transparent look that is all it does. Sounds like you need to read up on Max Manila then try it out it can do what you are asking.

BoeSki

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Do any of the following tweaks require a hard reset: xda shutdown, 16 quicklinks, background on all tabs?
No
Yes
Yes

That cab is to remove the tile background around the quick link to give it a more transparent look that is all it does. Sounds like you need to read up on Max Manila then try it out it can do what you are asking.

Will do...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If I install 16 quicklinks do I enable sense again after installation. Does disabling sense disable touch-flo also?:confused::confused:

Sense is Touch Flow well at least Sense is what HTC is now calling Touch Flow and yes you do re-enable sense after installing the 16 quick links cab

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!:
Thanks Big D5 (and Malatesta too!) for being persistent heroes of the modern tricorder, helping us mobile power user geeks to navigate the myriad features and select among the best.

WHAT I LIKE:
I'm a SERO user trying to decide between the Treo Pro and the Touch Pro 2 (apparently the two best phones available to me). I have only owned the Treo 700wx and have rocked it hard, sending tremendous amounts of SMS to several hundreds of different contacts, Google-mapping, note-taking, websurfing, voice-commanding (music playlists and calls while biking on the go), copy/pasting, tethering and shortcutting (Start button, one-letter quicklinking) my way into high efficiency multitasking speed user territory.
Also really important to me is excellent reception & call quality and longest possible battery life.

I'm tempted by the Touch Pro 2 for its large screen real-estate, nice keyboard (far less cramped than the Treo Pro), GSM capability (for Int'l travel) and cushy features (such as nice homescreen w/ weather & add'l HTC & slick chef-brewed tweakage) that Malatesta hints at.

WHAT I'VE LEARNED:
The two most helpful reviews I've seen are Malatesta's:
http://www.wmexperts.com/review-sprint-touch-pro-2-confessions-black-slab-skeptic
and this somewhat more negative one by Waveydavey:
http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/re...0610-htc-touch-pro-2-review-week-my-life.html

This latter review highlights a couple things that I noticed testing the phone out in the store:
No OK button (WTF?! I use that button constantly to surf through menus!)
No D-Pad
No customizable button (how else will I initiate voice command?)

I also tested out the WinMo6.5 based Samsung Intrepid, and even with the presence of these buttons I found myself very annoyed that I couldn't reach my favorite programs in two button presses by pressing Start+Shortcut letter, and that I couldn't easily highlight txt for Copy&Paste without digging through a couple menus first.

ADD'L FEATURES I WANT:
I would LOVE to have the following features to better manage all of my contacts & calendars, which I currently can't do on the Treo 700wx.
Are these available on either new phone (either by default or with a tweak or app)?:
1. Send SMS to MUCH more than 10 contacts at once (a limitation of the Treo 700wx or Sprint or Windows Mobile 6.1 & earlier?), preferably through contact lists/groups
2. Search through Contacts for specific keywords in notes I made about people and generate contact lists/groups (there's a search in WinMo5 but it doesn't work 80% of the time)
3. Integrate with Facebook contacts, WebOS-Synergy-style for contact list/group management
4. Synchronize my Google calendars (1 minimum, more desirable) & Contacts for free (GooSync used to be free, not any more)

WHICH PHONE IS FOR ME?
Now that there's this brand spanking new update to WinMo6.5 for the Touch Pro 2, does this phone's new features match up better with my needs?
I'm willing to install chef brewed specials on either phone, I just really want to get all I can out of whichever phone is the best for me (or is there another SERO compatible phone I'm missing in my search?). Thanks for any advice you can offer, and thanks for being such wonderful resources for the true power user community!

~Rich DDT

Its all the form factor bottom line both devices will fit your needs. If you realy like the front facing qwerty then stick with that but if you thing you can get used to having to use 2 hands to type then the TP2 will do. I had a treo 700wx then the 800w but in the end i just cant deal with the small screen.

Since flashing the new 6.5 Sprint ROM, I can't seem to get A2DP bluetooth settings to play decent sounding stereo music via the Widcomm Audio Gateway. I tried the standard Widcomm stack registry change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Plugin\AV\Line Speed = 320

That didn't seem to do work. After making that change, the audio doesn't sound high quality, and worse setting 320 seems to cause stutter. I scaled back to 192, but the audio quality lags. Does anyone know the magic settings to get back decent sounding A2DP stereo audio?

I have not tried this I do have a bluetooth that runs on a2db I will do some testing.

RangerPretzel

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Big D5: I've installed most of these CABs and I have to say, my phone totally rocks now. The only one that I'm having a small bit of trouble with is the "no weather" CAB.

It works most of the time, but sometimes when I push the "hang-up" button (the way I typically get back to the Home screen), the stupid weather animation re-appears. If I slide the keyboard open and back closed again, the animation disappears and tends to stay that way afterwards.

Any ideas if this is fixable?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Big D5: I've installed most of these CABs and I have to say, my phone totally rocks now. The only one that I'm having a small bit of trouble with is the "no weather" CAB.

It works most of the time, but sometimes when I push the "hang-up" button (the way I typically get back to the Home screen), the stupid weather animation re-appears. If I slide the keyboard open and back closed again, the animation disappears and tends to stay that way afterwards.

Any ideas if this is fixable?

I have not seen that behavior I would remove the cab using settings/applications/remove programs then soft reset. Then reinstall the cab soft reset and see if that fixes it

Hope that helps

Later,
Dave

RangerPretzel

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen that behavior I would remove the cab using settings/applications/remove programs then soft reset. Then reinstall the cab soft reset and see if that fixes it

I think that did it. I haven't seen the weather re-appear since re-installing it.

Thanks, man! :) My TP2 is now officially "perfect". :D

BoeSki

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
No
Yes
Yes

Installed Manilla and loving it. THANKS.

TetterkeT

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for three things:

1. Can someone please post the name of the manilla file for the Sprint Music tab so I can edit it to just say,"Music."

2. Are there any new steps that need to be taken in order to get tethering to work? I've disabled CM Guardian and made the appropriate registry changes, but I keep getting Error 67.
UPDATE: Turns out I was inadvertantly using the Internet Sharing app that comes stock which won't allow you to tether. Running ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab adds a second app also called Internet Sharing and it will allow you to tether via USB. I deleted the stock app so I don't get two entries in my program list for Internet Sharing.

3. Is there any way to remove the line above the clock that says "Sprint?"

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for three things:

1. Can someone please post the name of the manilla file for the Sprint Music tab so I can edit it to just say,"Music."

2. Are there any new steps that need to be taken in order to get tethering to work? I've disabled CM Guardian and made the appropriate registry changes, but I keep getting Error 67.

3. Is there any way to remove the line above the clock that says "Sprint?"

Thanks in advance.

1. Cant help ya there.

2. Why not just use the HTC WIFI Internet sharing?

3. No way to remove it but you can change what it says I have attached the cab below read more information HERE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss