Error on SMS count

ahaolelo

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My Touch Pro 2 (Verizon) shows on the main home screen that there are two (2) unread SMS messages. I go into my InBox and there may be an SMS message there, but they have been read. There are no Unread messages.

So I DELETE them, and now home screen shows no unread messages, BUT, when I go into SMS and then go to the drop down tree I see my Inbox has TWO messages. I go into the Inbox but nothing is there.

What gives? Can anyone help? :mad:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's is unusual I have not heard of that. I don't have a Verizon device so hopefully someone on Verizon can provide an answer. If you get a new sms what does the drop down tree show?

ahaolelo

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The drop down tree shows (3), when there is only one actual message.

I read it, I delete it and now it shows (2). I don't know why it is doing this. There have been no recent updates to the OS, and I am running 6.5

This began happening a few weeks back and I have gone through the entire phone trying to see if there is some sort of counter that is st to start at two, versus zero. Can't find it.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
My Sprint TP2 running the updated 6.5 since the first update day has been showing 1 unread SMS on the Sense icon for the past few weeks. No unread messages and I can't seem to delete anything to get it back to show no messages on the Sense text icon. Annoying and a bug that I thought was behind me after updating to 6.5. I had this issue on 6.1 for a long time, then updated to 6.5 and it started up again after a couple of weeks. My phone in general has been getting buggy for the past few weeks with the screen not waking up without a battery pull about twice a week. Not sure if I'll stick with this much longer.

zigfire

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The only way to get rid of it is to re flash the ROM. I talked to several techs and as you can guess no one at verizon has a clue. There is no way to get rid of it except to flash the ROM again. Sorry. I've done it on my phone Three times and my girlfriends phone twice. If I knew how to flash to Droid OS I would drop WM in a heartbeat!!!!!!!:mad:

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been showing 1 Message. It must be a Sense thing because when I turn it off and go to "Settings" then "Today" and under items check the "Windows Default" instead of "HTC Sense" it correctly shows that I have no messages. When I go back to using HTC Sense it shows 1 Message. Any thoughts?

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Found this over at the XDA-developers site. It links to a file at PPCGeeks.com. Downloaded file, unzipped, put exe file on phone, ran the file, restarted the phone, and.....I no longer show 1 SMS Message!

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
here's the fix so you don't have to go to other sites.
Just put this zip on your sdcard and anytime you get a stuck sms, click on the zipped file, expand it, then run the exe in it. It will set your sms count in the registry back to zero (which is the problem, sometimes it gets "stuck" at 1 or 2).
don't forget to soft reset after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss