VZW update question: Facebook in HTC sense?

waldo15

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Crew,

So with the update for Verizon (to sense 2.5) I noticed there's the option to sign in to Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. Twitter has its on tab, but what does the Facebook option do? How do I enable/disable automatic syncing between my phone contacts with my facebook contacts like you could do with 2.1?

Matchstick

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The Facebook option in the sign in in the options section with Sense 2.5 does exactly that. Syncs up your contacts on you phone with matching ones in your Facebook, providing you the ability to have updated contact pictures, status updates via the status tab on the contact card, and the ability to access their Facebook albums directly from their contact card using the HTC Album! It's actually really really awesome, and you can enable/disable that function by simply pushing the On/Off switch in the options tab.
When you enable it, it automatically syncs up contacts with matching names to your Facebook friends. If the names don't match up directly (ie, you have the person in your phone using a nickname, and they have their real name on Facebook) you can manually set up the association in the Updates tab on the contact card.
Signing into the Youtube account allows you to upload videos taken on your phone to YouTube through the HTC Album.

Any other questions?

mixman

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
It is nice. VERY nice. Unless you're like me and you have over 1,200 contacts. When I activate this feature my phone becomes a brick as the free memory level starts to tick down to zero (really, I can watch it roll down like a New Year's countdown!).

I'm guessing my issue is the number of contacts. Obviously, they all aren't on Facebook, but the device seems to put every resource it has into checking just who is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs