Touch Pro 2 Set Up

Orangejuice

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a Blackberry for a while, and I switched to the TP2. I was wondering if you guys could help me set some things up.

1) The alarm on the BB ran forever until you hit Snooze/Dismiss... TP2 vibrates for 3 seconds and just stops.

2) When I am typing on the TP2 touchscreen keyboard rotated the long way, I will go to hit space bar, but accidentally hit either the Send button, or the Close Keyboard button. Is there a way to disable the Send/Keyboard button, or move them elsewhere?

3) BB had a calendar app, which is the same as the TP2. But the BB also had a Tasks app, which was for reminders just for myself. Does the TP2 have anything like "Tasks"?

4) What's the Memopad/Notepad in the TP2?

Thank you!

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I had a Blackberry for a while, and I switched to the TP2. I was wondering if you guys could help me set some things up.

1) The alarm on the BB ran forever until you hit Snooze/Dismiss... TP2 vibrates for 3 seconds and just stops.

2) When I am typing on the TP2 touchscreen keyboard rotated the long way, I will go to hit space bar, but accidentally hit either the Send button, or the Close Keyboard button. Is there a way to disable the Send/Keyboard button, or move them elsewhere?

3) BB had a calendar app, which is the same as the TP2. But the BB also had a Tasks app, which was for reminders just for myself. Does the TP2 have anything like "Tasks"?

Thank you!

I've been a TP2 user since it was released and also tried a BB Tour for a few weeks before I returned it for my TP2, so I see where some of your questions arise. Here are some ideas that hopefully help...
1. The BB alarm clock is far superior in function and options to the TP2. Your best bet is to get an alarm app for your TP2 like G-Alarm. I think the WinMo 6.5 update improved the stock alarm in 6.1 a little, but either way it's not as handy as the BB. Also, it depends on whether you're running HTC Sense or if you've shut that off in favor of stock WinMo 6.5. I shut off Sense since the TP2 is more stable and the battery is much better with WinMo 6.5. Sense is much more interesting to look at, but I've had a few issues with it getting laggy and not responding with Sense.

2. I fairly sure that you can't move any onscreen soft buttons like the keyboard or Send. Really, the TP2 physical keyboard is so great that I can't remember the last time I used the onscreen keyboard in longitudinal view. The vertical keyboard is great for quick and short replies, but the physical keyboard is wonderful after a few days. Hard to go back to another phone after using this keyboard for a while.

3. Yes, Tasks is under Outlook in your program list. Pretty handy and you may want to place it on your homescreen Quicklinks if you're running Sense. If not, then just look in your programs list for Outlook and it's there.

4. Same for Notes. It's in the Outlook folder in the program list.

Also, I'd strongly suggest that you get Opera Mini 5 for Windows from the Opera site. It's much quicker than the stock Opera 10 browser and runs great with the opening screen quicklinks. Coming from BB, I'm sure that you're appreciating the super fast browsing with Opera in comparison, but Opera Mini 5 is much better.

The best thing about the phone I think is the ability to pick it up off the table, slide it open and push the SMS/MMS key. Then, your SMS opens and you can easily swipe left or right to get to your Exchange/Gmail/Yahoo/etc accounts. It's a wonderful business phone with a great browser and a good camera. Not as fast as the newest 1Ghz devices out now, but very capable.

Enjoy.

rushwal

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
What are the home screen quicklinks in sense, and how do I use them?

Also, something I've been wondering is, what is the difference between Sense Ui and TF3D? I have been using the terms interchangealbly.

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
What are the home screen quicklinks in sense, and how do I use them?

Also, something I've been wondering is, what is the difference between Sense Ui and TF3D? I have been using the terms interchangealbly.

TF3D (or TouchFLO 3D) is the precursor of Sense on Windows Mobile devices. HTC decided to rebrand TF3D as Sense around about the time when the HD2 was released. (HTC Sense of a different flavour is also available in HTC Android devices to try and give a consistent 'user experience'.)

Starting with Sense version 2.5, you can place programs/contacts/bookmarks in a number of links on the main home screen (the one with the clock). These are the quicklinks.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site

Thank you!

1) DTreo's right. The WinMo alarm is definitely lacking. G-Alarm is my favorite, too. It's a paid app, but worth it. It'll use your music files, in rotation, as your alarm sounds. It doesn't continue on till you shut it off -- it runs for the preset length you selected, snoozes, returns (different song), snoozes, etc. till you shut it off. You can specify days & times for regular repeating alarms & also create quick alarms for one time use.

2) Since the hardware keyboard is available in landscape mode, I don't use the onscreen keyboard in landscape. So, I can't help you on that one.

3) There is a tasks app built in. My favorite add-on for this is an app called Pocket Informant. It integrates access to contacts, several calendar views, tasks, journal & notes. Very handy.

4) WinMo has OneNote & Notepad for notes & memoes. The notes function I mentioned above in Pocket Informant does not use either of these, but is able to integrate with a contact &/or a task, &/or an appointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05