Expansion card folders labeled "Inbox"

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
When I use file explorer on my TP2 and look at the files on my expansion card, there is a series of folders labeled "Inbox..." with long folder names. What are those? Are they like temp folders of email attachments? They don't appear to be files that can be viewed.

More importantly, can they be deleted or do they serve a purpose?

Thanks.

fatyank

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi DTreo. I believe those ARE folders for email attachments. As far as I understand you can't actually open an attachment from within the folder they just store the attachment for use when you open that particular email. I wouldn't delete them. Don't know if you can recover attachment after it's removed.

monomer

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
If you have multiple directories named Inbox.mstxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx, then you some of them are probably old folders from a previous ROM or hard reset. I flash custom ROMs every so often and every time I select the checkbox to store attachments on the storage card, it creates a new folder with a different number.

It's probably safe to delete the older folders if you're sure you don't need them any more (check the date/time stamp). To be safe you can move them off your SD card and copy them to your computer.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Ayes, that makes sense too since I ran into a series of hard resets on my original TP2 that ended up being replaced by Sprint, but I used the same SD card.

thanks for the ideas.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Ayes, that makes sense too since I ran into a series of hard resets on my original TP2 that ended up being replaced by Sprint, but I used the same SD card.

thanks for the ideas.

All of the above can be right. Also, if you've set your phone to allow using the sd card for mail, if there's space, the phone will automatically move all your mail folders to the card, as well.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes you can delete the older files you should only have one at a time. The older ones were created after a reset. You can delete all to them if you want your email will just create anouther one the next time you open an attachment. If you already have an attachment in a file you delete you will have to download it again the next time you try to view it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720