Jump from TP2 to Epic 4G?

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
BGR is reporting that August 11th may be the date for the Epic 4G launch. Since that seems to be the best option for some new hardware similar to the TP2 layout, who is ready to try it? The screen size and resolution, along with the keyboard and supposed better battery life than an EVO make it a nice option.

Or wait for a QWERTY WP7 design?Or a new HPalm for Sprint? We may have some great choices on Sprint in the next month or two.

Aero

May 26, 2006
Visit site
exactly what we are doing, ditching all WM phones, two tp2 one treo pro. Leaning slightly but only by a tiny amount to epic over evo, but not really for keyboard but superior display and gpu

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I won't switch to sprint but I am wondering what s the thickness of the Epic over the captivate. The captivate is really thin and I dont really want/need a physical kb I have the tilt2 but rarely use the physical kb. Its a great one but I'd rather have the on screen.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Of course I haven't compared them in person, but it looks to me that the Epic4G may be slightly thinner than my TP2 (your Tilt2). I like the keyboard on the TP2 a little better with the shortcut keys to email/SMS accounts and how you can use the left/right directional key to move between email accounts and SMS. I doubt that Samsung has this same feature, but perhaps something else or a screen swipe.

Not sure what I'd really want next coming from WinMo on TP2. The candidates are hopefully Epic4G, an HTC TP2-like design running Android, an HTC TP2-like design running WP7, or whatever HPalm releases as the successor to the Pre. I'm thinking the next HPalm device will be pretty sweet and I love WebOS. Should be interesting around October or so.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I took a look at the Epic today and was impressed by the great screen, the light weight and slightly thinner (maybe?) design than my TP2.

After trying it out for a bit, I still prefer the TP2 keyboard layout and key placement, but that would probably fade after a week with an Epic. It is a snappy overall UI, even though I prefer the look of HTC Sense on Evo or my TP2 over the Sammsung look. The camera seems like a step up, as it should. I still don't get the feeling that Android is what I want for daily use since I don't use a lot of game or social apps (even on my iPod Touch).

I'm gonna hold out for a WP7 or the next HP/Palm, which both sound like they will be here in about a month.

WP7 HTC Trophy?? Yes, please.

My 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99