FM Radio cab, here ya go

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Thank you to the great people at xda. I cant find the exact link where i got the cab but the credit goes to xda.

FM radio works perfect on the Fuze. Doesn't seem to work on the CDMA version ie Sprint, Alltel

Last edited:

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
I'll try it out on the Sprint TP right now. Possibly FM Radio and a blazing fast new Opera Mini release all in my third day with the Pro.

bigkenny

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
doesnt seem to work on my sprint tp...i went over to xda and it seems like there are mixed messages if this works on sprint. anyone else have any luck?

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
Even though it not confirmed beyond a doubt yet, it is suspected that Sprint may have disabled the hardware for the FM radio on the Touch Pro, unlike when Sprint only disabled the software with the Diamond.

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
What benefits would Sprint have in disabling hardware like that?

I mean, has the device been opened to even confirm the FM radio? That might be a reason the Fuze is actually a tad thicker in the back end than the Touch Pro. Just saying, when ya got a fat donk... be proud ;)

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
No one knows at the moment....maybe Sprint didn't want to pay for the licensing fees...maybe they couldn't figure out how to make money off of it, so they disabled it....maybe they felt that if they offered it no one would pay for the Sprint Radio service.

This is why I do not like it being legal for carriers to be the sole dictator for what phones can be used by a customer.

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
No one knows at the moment....maybe Sprint didn't want to pay for the licensing fees...maybe they couldn't figure out how to make money off of it, so they disabled it....maybe they felt that if they offered it no one would pay for the Sprint Radio service.

This is why I do not like it being legal for carriers to be the sole dictator for what phones can be used by a customer.

I find it hard to believe that the licensing fees for a FM radio is that expensive if not built into the cost of the phone itself. What I am thinking is this... CDMA is a battery hog compared to GSM, in order to make the CDMA battery life compete with the Fuze, they made the sacrifice of the additional FM radio. Is it a hunch? Sure... but it makes sense as to why the Fuze is larger (although by a small amount) and the cab itself works for it (yes, I get the logistics of a totally different rom structure).

ipaq.r.us

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I just installed this cab on the VZW touchPro (vx6850). I will test tonight when i get home where i can plug a headset into it. (i left the dongle at home:( )

TVDinner

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Worked great on my FUZE. thank you for posting the file. awesome.

But it still makes me pretty angry that they did not just include a headphone jack on the actual phone and you have to remember the adapter every time you want to use a headset. Just seems really silly to me.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Worked great on my FUZE. thank you for posting the file. awesome.

But it still makes me pretty angry that they did not just include a headphone jack on the actual phone and you have to remember the adapter every time you want to use a headset. Just seems really silly to me.

Ya,,, I was shocked. I went a head and bought a headset from ebay,,,, $3.97 with no shipping fee. Any OEM Tilt, PPC 6800, Mogul, Touch headset should work and they are cheap on ebay. http://search.ebay.com/mogul-oem-he...bfmtsZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsbrsrtZd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo