The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-30-2009 10:12 PM
27 12
tools
    Thank you to the great people at xda. I cant find the exact link where i got the cab but the credit goes to xda.

FM radio works perfect on the Fuze. Doesn't seem to work on the CDMA version ie Sprint, Alltel
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 11-30-2008 at 05:50 AM.
    11-11-2008 06:29 PM
    Does this work on Sprint Touch Pro?
    11-11-2008 07:47 PM
    I am using it on the gsm fuze. sorry i dont know about cdma.
    11-11-2008 08:18 PM
    I'll try it out on the Sprint TP right now. Possibly FM Radio and a blazing fast new Opera Mini release all in my third day with the Pro.
    11-11-2008 08:38 PM
    doesnt seem to work on my sprint tp...i went over to xda and it seems like there are mixed messages if this works on sprint. anyone else have any luck?
    11-11-2008 10:48 PM
    No luck on Sprint here. The "processing" windows logo spins forever.
    11-12-2008 04:05 AM
    Even though it not confirmed beyond a doubt yet, it is suspected that Sprint may have disabled the hardware for the FM radio on the Touch Pro, unlike when Sprint only disabled the software with the Diamond.
    11-12-2008 11:29 AM
    So thiis is mainly for AT&T Fuze?
    11-12-2008 11:46 AM
    Yes. I noticed that they are still looking into the issue with sprint.

Here is only solution for now http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2873088 :D ;)
    11-14-2008 06:44 AM
    What benefits would Sprint have in disabling hardware like that?

I mean, has the device been opened to even confirm the FM radio? That might be a reason the Fuze is actually a tad thicker in the back end than the Touch Pro. Just saying, when ya got a fat donk... be proud ;)
    11-16-2008 07:43 PM
    No one knows at the moment....maybe Sprint didn't want to pay for the licensing fees...maybe they couldn't figure out how to make money off of it, so they disabled it....maybe they felt that if they offered it no one would pay for the Sprint Radio service.

This is why I do not like it being legal for carriers to be the sole dictator for what phones can be used by a customer.
    11-16-2008 11:26 PM
    No one knows at the moment....maybe Sprint didn't want to pay for the licensing fees...maybe they couldn't figure out how to make money off of it, so they disabled it....maybe they felt that if they offered it no one would pay for the Sprint Radio service.

This is why I do not like it being legal for carriers to be the sole dictator for what phones can be used by a customer.
    I find it hard to believe that the licensing fees for a FM radio is that expensive if not built into the cost of the phone itself. What I am thinking is this... CDMA is a battery hog compared to GSM, in order to make the CDMA battery life compete with the Fuze, they made the sacrifice of the additional FM radio. Is it a hunch? Sure... but it makes sense as to why the Fuze is larger (although by a small amount) and the cab itself works for it (yes, I get the logistics of a totally different rom structure).
    11-17-2008 09:10 AM
    How is the sound quality and is battery life effected?
    11-18-2008 11:46 AM
    I believe it also works on Sprint's Touch Diamond.
    11-18-2008 03:05 PM
    I just installed this cab on the VZW touchPro (vx6850). I will test tonight when i get home where i can plug a headset into it. (i left the dongle at home:( )
    11-24-2008 12:52 PM
    How is the sound quality and is battery life effected?
    Sound quality is just as good as any fm radio and it doesnt drain the battery as much as internet radio. I love it.
    11-26-2008 01:06 PM
    Worked great on my FUZE. thank you for posting the file. awesome.

But it still makes me pretty angry that they did not just include a headphone jack on the actual phone and you have to remember the adapter every time you want to use a headset. Just seems really silly to me.
    11-29-2008 11:57 AM
    program installs, launches, and then jus sits there... how do you turn it etc.. cause i am not having any luck
    11-29-2008 11:28 PM
    Do you have a Sprint Touch Pro? If so, it doesn't work because Sprint disabled it.
    11-30-2008 02:02 AM
    Worked great on my FUZE. thank you for posting the file. awesome.

But it still makes me pretty angry that they did not just include a headphone jack on the actual phone and you have to remember the adapter every time you want to use a headset. Just seems really silly to me.
    Ya,,, I was shocked. I went a head and bought a headset from ebay,,,, $3.97 with no shipping fee. Any OEM Tilt, PPC 6800, Mogul, Touch headset should work and they are cheap on ebay. http://search.ebay.com/mogul-oem-hea...nsifQQsbrsrtZd
    11-30-2008 05:47 AM
    Sprint Diamond users have been able to get their FM Radios to work http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2922624 And a Modder at PPC Geeks has opened his CDMA Touch Pro and confirmed that the FM tuner is there. It wont be long before the CDMA Touch Pro has a cab to get it running.
    11-30-2008 06:07 AM
    Im on Alltel and I got it to install but not work... any ideas??
    11-30-2008 08:26 AM
    Sprint Diamond users have been able to get their FM Radios to work http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2922624 And a Modder at PPC Geeks has opened his CDMA Touch Pro and confirmed that the FM tuner is there. It wont be long before the CDMA Touch Pro has a cab to get it running.
    Great news, thanks!
    11-30-2008 06:37 PM
    Im on Alltel and I got it to install but not work... any ideas??
    This cab works on GSM,,,,,,,, Alltel is CDMA. No CDMA Touch Pro user has it working so its not going to work for you now but it wont be long. If you want to keep on top of the news you can google no2chem and FM. He'll probably be the fellow who eventually gets FM working on the CDMA Touch Pro. It is unlikely that there is a disconnection. If the CDMA version was going to have a hardware difference like that then why would they include the hardware at all. Its all there so it has to be disabled in the SPL. The FCC allowed the hardware on the CDMA Diamond and FM works on the Diamond so there is no reason its not on the Touch Pro. It wont be long.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 12-04-2008 at 04:54 AM.
    12-04-2008 04:12 AM
    Have to say this app is really fantastic. I just noticed on the weekend that it actually picks up the artist and song playing. Really great job to xda
    12-08-2008 08:49 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD