Round Robin: Jennifer's Fuze questions

Q

Dec 1, 2000
Visit site
Oops! Fuze! I was just looking at them on AT&T's website and saw that I'd spelled it wrong! I figured someone would have caught my big error and I was right! LOL! I went back and corrected that. :eek:

Don't forget the thread title, if that's editable--it still says "Fuse"...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Uninstalling both and rebooting and connecting the Fuze not through a hub I would think should start the process. It sounds like my ficciculties with as 3.xx with my old Casio e-200 and HP 567 PPCs.

dannzeman

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
pdaluver, what do you like to do with your phone? What do you try to accomplish with it on a daily basis? Just trying to get an idea so I can recommend some software that might be useful. Also, how comfortable are you with tweaking it - like editing the registry, installing custom roms, ect?

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
A hard reset should be able to get you to connect. It seems like there is a DLL file missing somewhere (god knows where that device has been after Dieter has used it ;))

Remember, a hard reset will just reinstall everything that is stock on the device. If you already have contacts in there, don't sweat it, before you actually hard reset.... download Dashwire (awesome program) and sync with that. After the hard reset, reinstall Dashwire and resync. Amazing program that saved my *** more than once.

Please, report back on how you compare this thing to your Treo Pro. I might swap my 800w out for the Touch Pro with Sprint.

J22JJ22J

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
didnt read EVERBODY elses post, so dont know if u got an answer yet but a funny thing with my device is that windows device database didnt recognize my device until active sync did.

After activesync found it, device database did too

blancmik

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
And the old faithful advice - turn off the advanced networking option, and then kill your firewall/antivirus.

I believe Alli is correct. I have Vista Ultimate and I had to disable the advanced networking to get the sync to work. (Start --> Settings --> Connections--> USB to PC)

ejonny

May 16, 2008
Visit site
I have another question:

I want to use the YouTube app but it's not listed in the Apps and Games. I read that you need to copy it from the Windows Directory. I found it and copied it but don't know how to paste it. Which key on the QWERTY keyboard is Cntrl?

Thanks!

I think more and more manufacturer's are setting up Windows Mobile so that if a program is on the start menu, it isn't listed in programs. For example, Opera is listed on my start menu, but it is not listed when you select programs.

But if you go to Settings...Menus.... you can unselect the menu item and it will re-appear in the Programs listing.

The system is doing in the background (at least on my Sprint Touch Pro) the same thing everyone is recommending you do with a copy and paste of the link.

To trouble shoot your Mobile Device Manager issue, the first step is to make sure that Windows Vista sees your Fuze over USB. To start Device Manager click the Start button and then right click on Computer and select Manage. At that point computer management should have on option for Device Manager.

Microsoft has been doing so much to make enterprise IT managers happy lately they are making things harder on users. Mobile Device Manager is looking for a network connection to your PDA (yup it gets an IP address any everything). Look for a Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter under network adapters. If it isn't there look to see if there is a device under Portable Devices. If it isn't in either place, try showing hidden devices (by clicking on View... Show Hidden Devices).

All the other recommendations about hard reset, re-install Mobile Device Manager are all sound recommendations, but if the drivers for the Fuze didn't load properly and are left on the machine then re-installing and re-setting the device will only leave you in the same place.

Good luck!

Dimietriev

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
A hard reset should be able to get you to connect. It seems like there is a DLL file missing somewhere (god knows where that device has been after Dieter has used it ;))

DLL's can die in a fire, I have had to reinstall computer OS's because of my mucking about in dll's. Having the same problem on a phone might piss me off, lol.

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
I think more and more manufacturer's are setting up Windows Mobile so that if a program is on the start menu, it isn't listed in programs. For example, Opera is listed on my start menu, but it is not listed when you select programs.

But if you go to Settings...Menus.... you can unselect the menu item and it will re-appear in the Programs listing.

The system is doing in the background (at least on my Sprint Touch Pro) the same thing everyone is recommending you do with a copy and paste of the link.

To trouble shoot your Mobile Device Manager issue, the first step is to make sure that Windows Vista sees your Fuze over USB. To start Device Manager click the Start button and then right click on Computer and select Manage. At that point computer management should have on option for Device Manager.

Microsoft has been doing so much to make enterprise IT managers happy lately they are making things harder on users. Mobile Device Manager is looking for a network connection to your PDA (yup it gets an IP address any everything). Look for a Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter under network adapters. If it isn't there look to see if there is a device under Portable Devices. If it isn't in either place, try showing hidden devices (by clicking on View... Show Hidden Devices).

All the other recommendations about hard reset, re-install Mobile Device Manager are all sound recommendations, but if the drivers for the Fuze didn't load properly and are left on the machine then re-installing and re-setting the device will only leave you in the same place.

Good luck!

If all else fails, use Mail2Web. I've been doing that since I had an Apache in 2006!

Q

Dec 1, 2000
Visit site
[From the Fuze video review's accompanying text]: No amount of wiping is going to get those smudges off. Every side of the device gets smudges and prints all over it. The Fuze would be every CSI employee's dream object to test for fingerprints!

LOL... so which is the worse fingerprint magnet, the Fuze or the Treo Pro? (Dieter described the Pro in his review as being like a "black hole for fingerprints." Yes, both were designed/manufactured by HTC, so they're bound to be close in this respect. Does either one get the edge here?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
They are equal. The Pro gets the edge because the smooth, flat back is easier to de-grease. Only takes on quick swipe where you've got angles with the triangular cut on the Fuze to deal with.

If they would only offer a matte finish to these phones!

Ebarry51

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
WMDC really is not very good. Sometimes just changing USB ports does it for me, otherwise a cvomplete reboot of both laptop and device. It can get frustrating...

softmagnet

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Yup, fingerprint magnet. I've had the Fuze for a week now and it gets sort of a dull look to it. I took one look at it when I bought and thought it might be like that, oh well - still the best device I've ever owned - after a few tweaks that is.

donc36

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
My laptop runs Vista Premium. I still can't get the Microsoft Device Center to connect to the Fuze. I tried Bluetooth and that didn't work either.

I've got all my ant-virus and the firewall turned off.

So, I'm going to try to download the latest Active Sync software onto my Windows XP desktop PC and give that a shot. Very very annoying so far.

Is your usb connected directly to the desktop, or via a usb block / extender? I know I often have issues trying to connect my PDA through the dell dock for my laptop, almost never happens when directly connected to the laptop's usb ports.

Don

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett