Round Robin: Jennifer's Fuze questions

nitestrike

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking a getting the Fuze myself and am having to way if I can afford to buy it. Right now it's looking like I might have to switch to a local GSM carrier. Any new infomration would be great.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Diva, I don't recall about the drivers on my Vista laptop, but I do remember the drivers being installed when I had the Fuze connected to my XP desktop computer.

I'm probably not as much help as I'd like to be, since my machines are both xp. But a couple of things might at least highlight where the problem is.

Does your synch software in Vista indicate it recognizes the Fuze as a valid device? For that matter, is the synching software all there in Vista? :confused:

Since we both come from the Treo Pro, you're familiar with the Pro's self-install of ActiveSync. It wouldn't install on my laptop, installed fine on my desktop. I had to download & manually install ActiveSync on my laptop. Knowing MS, you might have to try something similar.

pinguino1

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store with a lot of expectations
I played with the fuze for a lot of time
I left the AT&T store with a lot of doubts.

I noticed a few things but this is the biggest:

Is there an HTC touch spray that use in the the morning
and keep it shiny without fingerprints the whole day long?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Is there an HTC touch spray that use in the the morning
and keep it shiny without fingerprints the whole day long?

Now that you've said it out loud, someone will probably come out with something like that.

You do get used to it and during the colder months, it's not as bad. In testing out cases for the Treo Pro (same issues with fingerprints) I found that some will actually de-grease the phone as it's pulled out of the case. Maybe that could be a selling point as well.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Now that you've said it out loud, someone will probably come out with something like that.

You do get used to it and during the colder months, it's not as bad. In testing out cases for the Treo Pro (same issues with fingerprints) I found that some will actually de-grease the phone as it's pulled out of the case. Maybe that could be a selling point as well.

Any particular recommendations for a degreasing cases for the Treo Pro?

BTW, looked at some of your gallery. Very nice pics.

Jennifer Chappell

Oct 23, 2006
Visit site
Hmmm, I had a long post that put up yesterday and now it's gone. Very strange. I had responded to many of you and thanked you for your help.

I did get the Fuze to sync with my Vista laptop yesterday after doing a hard reset. I'm not sure which actually fixed the problem though because I also unchecked the advanced network settings on the Fuze. I didn't quite understand how I was supposed to sync my mail though since Outlook isn't included on Vista. The WMDC was looking to sync with Outlook but Vista replaced it with Windows Mail. So anyway, I hooked up the Fuze to my Windows XP desktop PC again and this time, it worked like a charm. So that's how I'm syncing until I have to ship the Fuze off to another Editor tomorrow. All that syncing problem stuff took up way too much of my time.

I don't know what happened to the post I put up yesterday and I couldn't possibly remember at the moment what all I'd said. But thank you to all of you for all your great help! I really appreciate it!!!! :D

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Looks like you have to install Office(the ones that have Outlook, or Outlook by itself) to get email sync to work. I believe I saw "Outlook not installed" when I looked at those options. I hate to sync email stuff anyway, because generally you get to use only one machine to do it on. What if you need both your work and home computer?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
No offense meant to anyone, but why would fingerprints be your biggest concern? I'd be worried about the phone and PDA actually working first. Fingerprints would be a minor annoyance.

Jennifer Chappell

Oct 23, 2006
Visit site
No offense taken Diva! Fingerprints aren't my main concern, but I do hate them. They're just worse on the Fuze. The back of my iPod Touch is pretty awful too though.

I don't normally sync my email either but I have to try during the Round Robin. I usually just get my gmail straight on my phone.

Steve1976

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
did you get it working

I'm am pretty confident that those suggestions I gave you would solve your problem. Don't get discouraged using a windows mobile phone. I love it. I would totally upgrade my phone if I could. You got a monster machine considering what it's capable of. If you need any other help let me know.

Some of you guys are funny though. I wouldn't worry about grease on the phone. HAHAHA. Just be glad youa not using an iphone. Some of you are right though because on the Fuze it has the diamond back, and I could imagine cleaning each little section would be annoying but remember this phone has one of the fastest processors out there, it has a great consumer interface in touchflo 3d and also still doesn't compromise the phones capabilities.

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
No offense taken Diva! Fingerprints aren't my main concern, but I do hate them. They're just worse on the Fuze. The back of my iPod Touch is pretty awful too though.

I don't normally sync my email either but I have to try during the Round Robin. I usually just get my gmail straight on my phone.

Grand question... will you miss the Fuze?

blackmannx

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I checked out the Fuze yesterday and overall its a nice device, but like stated a fingerprint monster.. If this storm fails to impress I may have to go back to Win mo..

Dimietriev

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I checked out the Fuze yesterday and overall its a nice device, but like stated a fingerprint monster.. If this storm fails to impress I may have to go back to Win mo..

The storm looks like one of those things you just have to give some time. Quoting Dieter about the Bold, you have to adapt to it, it doesn't adapt to you. I wonder how the Fuze fits into this statement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon