Round Robin: Jennifer's Fuze questions

Jennifer Chappell

Oct 23, 2006
Visit site
Is anyone using the Fuze with TouchFlo turned off? I've read it makes the device incredibly fast.

I sure wish I'd thought to try that. I didn't realize that I could turn the TouchFlo off. The TouchFlo was very laggy at times and was very annoying. I'd like to have seen how much faster the phone would have been without the TouchFlo running. When the TouchFlo didn't lag, everything was smooth as silk and very fast.

I shipped the Fuze to the next writer today. It seems like I just got it since I had so much trouble with the syncing in the beginning. There was a lot of wasted time in which I could have been trying out other stuff.

Will I miss the Fuze? Yes, in a way, because it is one of the coolest smartphones I've seen. Although sort of heavy, the Fuze is really solid and feels well-built. I thought my Treo Pro was pretty solid until I saw the crack near the WiFi button.

dannzeman

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Too bad you couldn't get it to sync correctly. I think its a good phone but that would just leave a terrible taste in my mouth, especially after only a week and most of it being wasted time.

Jennifer Chappell

Oct 23, 2006
Visit site
I finally was able to get it to sync after all the helpful suggestions here! Everything was great from then on. But that first couple of days definitely did leave a bad taste in my mouth, no doubt. I'm not a tech expert like the rest of the SPE editors, so some things that might be really simple for them can be hard for my pea brain. I think I've relied on my husband for too many years in dealing with computer malfunctions. He's the one who always fixes this or that. I'm getting a little better about that stuff than I used to be though.

Steve1976

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Do you think that you can permanently use this as your everyday phone? I'm glad you got it working! Thats awesome! I love that of the windows mobile series, ever want to go back to factory settings, just do hard reset. Do you tend to use the Touchflo 3d more than the regular standard windows mobile today screen? Just kind of curious Jennifer. What about the other guys that have a Diamond, or Fuze, or Touch Pro? Do you use TF3d more than windows mobile today screen?

cliephoto

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello WMExperts! Not tried the WM system yet. Just hoping to win the Fuze. I am learning though and have found the site helpful already.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I sure wish I'd thought to try that. I didn't realize that I could turn the TouchFlo off. The TouchFlo was very laggy at times and was very annoying. I'd like to have seen how much faster the phone would have been without the TouchFlo running. When the TouchFlo didn't lag, everything was smooth as silk and very fast.
This phone has memory coming out its ears. So I have taken advantage of that and bumped every possible setting in the registry to use the max amount of memory (i.e. caching, gliph, etc...) It is lightnening fast, even with TouchFlo, running and I still have a little of 100 MB of memory free to play with. ......come to think of it, I will write an article on how to optimize the Touch Pro....but the shortcut is to use the latest version of MemMaid and bump up all the settings in the Optimize section to their max and then reset.

Steve1976

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm not a tech expert like the rest of the SPE editors, so some things that might be really simple for them can be hard for my pea brain. I think I've relied on my husband for too many years in dealing with computer malfunctions. He's the one who always fixes this or that. I'm getting a little better about that stuff than I used to be though.

HAHAHA.. this is how it is in my household. My wife usually outshines me on stuff around the house day in and day out, and I rely on her for things I just don't want to deal with, but when it comes to computer malfunctions and little gadgeteer stuff, she has me fix.

Glad you got it fixed by the way!

softmagnet

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
This phone has memory coming out its ears. So I have taken advantage of that and bumped every possible setting in the registry to use the max amount of memory (i.e. caching, gliph, etc...) It is lightnening fast, even with TouchFlo, running and I still have a little of 100 MB of memory free to play with. ......come to think of it, I will write an article on how to optimize the Touch Pro....but the shortcut is to use the latest version of MemMaid and bump up all the settings in the Optimize section to their max and then reset.

That's exactly how I've done it as well. (The MemMaid trick, that is.)

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site

Battery life hasn't suffered?

iscnek

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
We just started carriering the fuze up here at att and so far customers haven't been thrilled about it. At least at my store.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
Battery life hasn't suffered?
Not noticeably at least.

The battery life is not the best when comparing it other phones. But when that happens most users compare it to their old phone with a slower processor, a fraction of the memory, non-VGA screen, non GSensor phone. But with that said, knowing all that the phone is using, it is acceptable....though I am going to jump at the first OEM sized extended battery as I am usually a pretty heavy user anyways.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
Yup, it all comes down to personal needs and preferences. If someone does a lot of LONG emails, the slider keyboard is probably easier. If they do a lot of texting or short emails, the exposed keyboard is probably easier. If they read a lot of spreadsheets or MS Office docs, then the extra screen real estate that a slider provides will probably be easier. If they......

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
You know, I unchecked the "advanced network" option just to see what would happen. The computer then installed another set of USB drivers for the device and then I had to go on the tray to remove, like any USB device. I like the other way and went back, but now I sometimes get a USB icon in the tray that immediately goes away once the phone is detected as on "advanced network" I guess, but now I wonder if I screwed something up and the phone won't sync right one day. Thoughts?

P.S. Yes I know I should have left it alone, but I was curious as to why that option would work, just in case I had a sync problem one day. :eek:

P.P.S. I rebooted the computer for another reason, but now I no longer get that momentary USB icon when plugging in. Which is fine with me because I was worried about a sync conflict developing.

But at least I know if the network sync dies suddenly, I can still resort to strict USB sync.

Last edited:

Rionero

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys... I posted another longer list of impressions on the "rants after a couple of days..." thread... but this thread is sticky... and I haven't seen a response to my other post from a couple days ago.

I'm really hoping to hear anyone's opinion of how to solve the 3.5mm headphone dongle issue. It is huge and hideous for such a svelte and sexy phone! I by no means will be using this phone as primarily an .mp3 player... I love all the other features... but I do listen to music often enough that the dongle is just killing it for me. If there was a creative solution for that issue... I'd not be tempted to try another phone.

Anyone?
Thx.
Mike

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Is it a mini-USB? There may be a generic or other brand one out there. I think I once saw a RAZR one, which also uses mini-USB.

Now if it's micro-USB, you may have to look for a RAZR2 one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon