Round Robin: Jennifer's Fuze questions

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
This phone has memory coming out its ears. So I have taken advantage of that and bumped every possible setting in the registry to use the max amount of memory (i.e. caching, gliph, etc...) It is lightnening fast, even with TouchFlo, running and I still have a little of 100 MB of memory free to play with. ......come to think of it, I will write an article on how to optimize the Touch Pro....but the shortcut is to use the latest version of MemMaid and bump up all the settings in the Optimize section to their max and then reset.

Sweet - thanks for the tips (as usual!).

rawdeadfish

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Not noticeably at least.

The battery life is not the best when comparing it other phones. But when that happens most users compare it to their old phone with a slower processor, a fraction of the memory, non-VGA screen, non GSensor phone. But with that said, knowing all that the phone is using, it is acceptable....though I am going to jump at the first OEM sized extended battery as I am usually a pretty heavy user anyways.

Does the g-sensor consume a noticeable amt of battery? Can it be turned off?

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I'm really hoping to hear anyone's opinion of how to solve the 3.5mm headphone dongle issue. It is huge and hideous for such a svelte and sexy phone! I by no means will be using this phone as primarily an .mp3 player... I love all the other features... but I do listen to music often enough that the dongle is just killing it for me. If there was a creative solution for that issue... I'd not be tempted to try another phone.

Anyone?
Thx.
Mike
I thought I responded to that...must have been another post with a similar question.... Anyway, take a look at all the adapter options here:

http://store.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-headphone-adapters.htm

But the best answer is by far using a BT Stereo Headphones! They are wonderful. No wires to worry about snagging on anything. You are free to walk and move about without having to have your phone on you the whole time. Plus, most of them can also take calls that come in while you are listening to your music.

Last edited:

Steve1976

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Well, there is the first version called the HTC diamond. It's the fuze without the slider! It's exactly the same except for the hardware keyboard! Check it out at the HTC website! I love there phones as of late. Too bad the HTC HD isn't coming to the United States.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I still don't like sliders.

Not a huge texter are you? :D

You know why the Sidekick does so well with teens and why AT&T released it's own Sidekick knockoff? Same goes for the adult sliders. A true full keyboard to type long texts or emails is sometimes more comfortable than pecking on small keyboards. Sure it's not one-handed but just TRY to make a mistake on a slide-out keyboard. Although you certainly can, it's rare unless you really don't know the keyboard layout.

rawdeadfish

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I thought I responded to that...must have been another post with a similar question.... Anyway, take a look at all the adapter options here:

http://store.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-headphone-adapters.htm

But the best answer is by far using a BT Stereo Headphones! They are wonderful. No wires to worry about snagging on anything. You are free to walk and move about without having to have your phone on you the whole time. Plus, most of them can also take calls that come in while you are listening to your music.

I've tried those options for 2.5 to 3.5 adapters and have had bad luck. They were either made so cheap that you have to fiddle with the one end to just get mono sound (because the stereo bands don't line up right) or the wire breaks after 3-4 wks of use. What a pain! I wish someone would at least put out a solid adapter without the 2 inch "dongley" wire part...

I am currently using the Motorola s9 when i am exercising and going wireless is definitely the best. Just don't sweat on them too much. I have replaced it 9 times during the 1 yr that I have had it, on warranty. Although designed for work-outs, it better for the light stuff.

A growing part of me (hanging on to my verizon customer status by a thread) just wants to wait for the treo pro, if it every were to show up on vzw.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I've tried those options for 2.5 to 3.5 adapters and have had bad luck. They were either made so cheap that you have to fiddle with the one end to just get mono sound (because the stereo bands don't line up right) or the wire breaks after 3-4 wks of use. What a pain! I wish someone would at least put out a solid adapter without the 2 inch "dongley" wire part...
You don't need to use the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapters....I know what you are talking about as I have had the same experience. You just need a miniUSB to 3.5 mm adapter. Using a miniUSB to 3.5 mm adaptor you should never have that problem....or at least in the 8 or 9 that I have used I have never had it.

As far as rugged, you must be really hard on them. I fly on anywhere from 4-16 planes a month. I use the miniUSB to 3.5 mm adapter constantly as you are not allowed to use BT headsets on a plane. They go through a lot in my carry on bag and in my pocket all the time. The only challenge I have ever had with not being able to use them is when I loose them.

Rionero

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Hobbes and Diva... thanks so much for your suggestion. Hobbes, it seems there are some less offensive adapters out there than what shipped with the fuze... so I'll check 'em out. At under $10 bucks... I suppose I could buy a few of them, and spread them all around my briefcases, suitcases, car, etc... :) I've heard conflicting opinions on whether the bluetooth headsets were prohibited on planes... I'll keep reading more about that before I spring for a set.

Thanks again...

Mike

berdinkerdickle

Retired *********
Dec 3, 2005
Visit site
Not a huge texter are you? :D

You know why the Sidekick does so well with teens and why AT&T released it's own Sidekick knockoff? Same goes for the adult sliders. A true full keyboard to type long texts or emails is sometimes more comfortable than pecking on small keyboards. Sure it's not one-handed but just TRY to make a mistake on a slide-out keyboard. Although you certainly can, it's rare unless you really don't know the keyboard layout.

You got it. :D

Maybe brief things like; 'I'll call you in a second' ;)

T-ulk

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
it would be very cool if u guys were allowed to put a custom rom on ur device, it makes the device so much better and faster. btw if u r short of physical buttons check out "AEbutton plus".

berdinkerdickle

Retired *********
Dec 3, 2005
Visit site
The slider is nice for lengthy typing.
But for short messages, where you don't want to have to slide out the kb, you can use some of the 3rd party onscreen kb's.
I just couldn't ever find one that worked to my expectations.
So back to the treo for me.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
Did you try Resco's Keyboard Pro? I am a physical keyboard user for the most part myself, so I have not use it much, but many really like it. It is suppose to be thumb friendly, preview the letter to help prevent mistakes, and has autocorrection.
keyboardPro_anima.gif

You can skin it:
light_skin.png
black_skin.png

It does gestures and autorepeats:
scr_keyboard_05.png

frequently used phrases:
scr_keyboard_03.png

There is also SPB's Keyboard, though I have never used it myself. It does have full screen and half screen modes, sliding popups, autocomplete, etc....:
202.png
100.png

Come to think of it, I don't recall WM ever reviewing either of these products....I will have to double check and if not, I think I will....

Last edited:

TVDinner

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
You don't need to use the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapters....I know what you are talking about as I have had the same experience. You just need a miniUSB to 3.5 mm adapter. Using a miniUSB to 3.5 mm adaptor you should never have that problem....or at least in the 8 or 9 that I have used I have never had it.

As far as rugged, you must be really hard on them. I fly on anywhere from 4-16 planes a month. I use the miniUSB to 3.5 mm adapter constantly as you are not allowed to use BT headsets on a plane. They go through a lot in my carry on bag and in my pocket all the time. The only challenge I have ever had with not being able to use them is when I loose them.

Hobbes - thanks for the info so far. I have 2 questions for you.

1) on this page http://store.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-headphone-adapters.htm - which headphone adapter in the $0-$15 range do you recommend? I have the one that came with my Fuze, but it is huge and just to big. Note - I typically use ipod like headphones when at the gym, and not huge stereo headphones

2) on this page http://store.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-wireless-headphones.htm - and considering that I do not like big bukly headphones in general - which wireless stereo headset would you recommend in the $0-75 range. (If none in that range you recommend you can recommend units above that)

Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05