12 reasons why the Touch Pro WHOOPS the iphone!

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
1 Reason why the iphone Whoops the fuze!

(1) GPS works properly on the iphone!

I give up! I have used every variation of settings. I have tried all the registry tweaks, I tried a dozen different custom ROMs,,,,,, I have tried half a dozen different GPS "kick start" apps. I can get GPS to work smoothly for a few days then for no reason,,, on a clear day, setting still,,, I cant get it to connect no matter what I do.

I went on a trip a few days ago and and for the entire trip I could not get GPS to work. Fuze get bent!!! I'm going back to the iphone.

jhartwick

Jan 21, 2009
Visit site
i have gone from the BB curve, to iphone, back to the curve, to the bold, back to the iphone, and now to the Fuze. so I can really appreciate some of the stuff on the list on why the fuze is better than the iphone. I really wanted the iphone to work out, after the newness wore off on it I was left paying for a data plan on a phone that you can barely utilize. No mms, no sms forwarding, cut and paste would have been nice. i loved the form factor and the media aspects since I run a mac and itunes, I actually liked the mobile me cloud sync thing. I loved my curve form factor, bb messenger and IM stuff and awesome battery life. Basically my ADHD nature got the best of me in the blackberry and iphone worlds. Rather boring after time. While my fuze seems less peppy and i honestly hate the little black brick form factor (I must have physical keyboard, Palm Tungsten C made me never again want on screen only keyboard.) What every other platform lacks in my experience is "pimp my phone" factors. iphone, bb, treo great out of the box for the average phone user, to me it gets boring. I want to customize more than the icons and color theme. Custom ROM's, gazillions of apps, and making the phone just how "I" want it to work for me is what its all about. I can get by fine on black berry, or treo, not the iphone yet (i do miss pandora, i'm sure wm has similar, been out of wm world for a bit.) I am not wanting to just get by. I want this mini computer in my pocket to be fun to use and "play with" per say. Anyway I think the awesome round robins have shown that it comes down to what you want from your device. the features some have and some do not make everyone get better or get out. Its fun to watch it all pan out, the waiting part not so much fun. Looking forward to getting this week old fuze rocking, if not Android is next on my list. When they make the storm size with slider and android on it I will give it a run. I liked how that one sat in my pocket when I tried it in the store, felt good in the hand. My fuze will eventually physically break, have dropped it twice allready (must get skin or something.) peace and wmexperts rocks

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Ok, i kept that silly iphone for about 2 months before getting tired of its inability to multitask.

Also I have found the sure fire way to jumpstart the GPS on the fuze. If you launch att maps and tell it to get directions then you can flip back to google maps, live search etc....

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
i just sold my pearl!!
and now u want to me give up my curve...
ok thats were i draw the line literaly!

i gave up the BB to my dad for his contract renewal on a fuze but i changed my mind and bought the fuze for full price!!
so i gave him the BB just because i said i would and let him get his on upgrade cause i was to eager for the fuze so i bought it myself..
man im glad i have a job!

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
i gave up the BB to my dad for his contract renewal on a fuze but i changed my mind and bought the fuze for full price!!
so i gave him the BB just because i said i would and let him get his on upgrade cause i was to eager for the fuze so i bought it myself..
man im glad i have a job!

Well better put in some overtime...... that Touch Pro II isn't going to be cheap :eek: :D

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well better put in some overtime...... that Touch Pro II isn't going to be cheap :eek: :D

ima do a warranty exchange on the current touch pro then sell it for a competitive price on ebay and make up the difference..i hope it isnt more thatn $500 i hope ATT picks it up i also hope the rename it something other than fuze the orignial name TP would be nice

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
ima do a warranty exchange on the current touch pro then sell it for a competitive price on ebay and make up the difference..i hope it isnt more thatn $500 i hope ATT picks it up i also hope the rename it something other than fuze the orignial name TP would be nice

Its going to be a painful wait,,,, att prolly wont release the Touch Pro II until December if they do at all. If I remember correctly the Fuze was released 13 months after the tilt was released. Hopefully T-Mobile dosent have an exclusive deal on the Touch Pro II.

I would just switch to T-Mobile when its released but T-Mo only gets 100 kb/ps here,,,, and in most other places too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans