04-03-2009 05:12 PM
27 12
tools
    Fuze:
    1) A higher resolution screen than the iphone.

2) Can do true full multitasking unlike the iphone.

3) The rate plan with the Fuze will be cheaper than the iphone.

4) It has a user replaceable battery unlike the iphone.

5) You can adjust the accelerometer unlike the iphone.

6) It has A2DP for bluetooth stereo unlike the iphone.

7) Has full office software unlike the iphone.

8) It has FM radio (has to be enabled with .cab)

9) And there is the old beaten to death issues of,,,,, well,,,, it has cut&paste, spell check, picture mail and video capture.

10) It reads memory cards up to 32 GB so it can actually have more memory than an iphone.

11) The fuze has a higher resolution camera than the iphone.

12) The Fuze offers flash support with its default web browser-->Opera 9.5
    11-15-2008 05:49 PM
    Feature for feature your list is right, but how is the data plan cheaper? They are the same, ATT uses one plan for all 3G smartphones.
    11-15-2008 05:55 PM
    He's likely going to add Media Net to a cheaper phone, then switch SIMs.
    11-15-2008 06:25 PM
    He's likely going to add Media Net to a cheaper phone, then switch SIMs.
    Oh ok. I thought ATT phased media net out unless you are grandfathered, or am I mistaken?
    11-15-2008 06:41 PM
    What're they calling the data plan for basic phones now? I still see Media Net.
    11-15-2008 06:42 PM
    Question: Is the Fuze suppose to have a YouTube app?
    11-15-2008 06:50 PM
    Feature for feature your list is right, but how is the data plan cheaper? They are the same, ATT uses one plan for all 3G smartphones.
    I use the 15 dollar a month unlimited data plan :D ;) :o
    11-15-2008 07:40 PM
    nope, but I'm sure the cab from the sprint version will probably work

heres a side by side youtube clip of the fuze & the sprint tp.... at around the 9 min mark the reviewer discusses the lack of the youtube app

Last edited by R1_Rydah; 11-15-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    11-15-2008 07:48 PM
    I read in one of these forums that the Fuze has the Youtube exe in the Windows directory, but that AT&T removed the shortcut in the Programs directory.
    11-15-2008 08:06 PM
    It does but there is no shortcut to it. If you use the file explorer you can go to \Windows\youtube.exe and launch it. You can make a short cut with totalcommander. Lemme know if u need help with that. :)
    11-15-2008 09:04 PM
    I read in one of these forums that the Fuze has the Youtube exe in the Windows directory, but that AT&T removed the shortcut in the Programs directory.
    Dang u beat me to it. :p
    11-15-2008 09:04 PM
    What're they calling the data plan for basic phones now? I still see Media Net.
    I could've sworn I read they were phasing out media net, but I probably misunderstood. Carry on!
    11-16-2008 08:42 AM
    iPhone users think they are the hot stuff but the iphone lacks in so many features....
    well i cant wait to sport my fuze!
    gotta make that $$$ so i can go pick me one up!
    11-16-2008 03:52 PM
    iPhone users think they are the hot stuff but the iphone lacks in so many features....
    well i cant wait to sport my fuze!
    gotta make that $$$ so i can go pick me one up!
    Welp,,, ebay that BlackBerry your holding and your half way there :thumbsup: :)
    11-16-2008 04:29 PM
    The iPhone is the product of the best marketing campaign ever created for a mobile device and its perception as the successor to the iPod. Beyond that, it's a two-handed single-tasking OS (think Tungsten X) that will have tremendous success because of the developer partnerships Apple has secured based on its momentum.
    11-16-2008 04:44 PM
    The iPhone is the product of the best marketing campaign ever created for a mobile device and its perception as the successor to the iPod. Beyond that, it's a two-handed single-tasking OS (think Tungsten X) that will have tremendous success because of the developer partnerships Apple has secured based on its momentum.
    SLOW CLAP... well put skfny, I don't dislike Apple in the least... nor do I snub people for owning an iphone. But that is a perfect explanation in a nice little package.
    11-16-2008 07:51 PM
    I use the 15 dollar a month unlimited data plan :D ;) :o
    I am about to switch to the AT&T, coming from Sprint. What is the difference between AT&T's MediaNet plan and their PDA Personal plan?

And please don't say "about $15.00 a month." :D

But seriously, from everything I can see, the MediaNet plan offers everything the PDA Personal plan does at half the price. Am I missing or overlooking something?

And perhaps most importantly, can I use the MediaNet plan with the Fuze?
    11-16-2008 08:06 PM
    I am about to switch to the AT&T, coming from Sprint. What is the difference between AT&T's MediaNet plan and their PDA Personal plan?

And please don't say "about $15.00 a month." :D
    But that's the best answer!
    I've yet to see any difference between the two plans. I was on the MediaNet Unlimited plan for two years and got screwed when I bought the Epix to test.

The Customer Rep saw the MediaNet plan and boosted me to the PDA plan. I was going to change back online when I got home but AT&T has really cracked down on the plans that I don't have any data plans other than the PDA available. I think they are tying it into the SIM card identifiers.

AT&T's party line is that they can't guarantee you that the MediaNet plan on a WM Device will work properly. Yet, I've run the Treo Pro, Treo 750, Treo 680, Samsung BlackJack II, and Motorola Q9h with no problems on the MediaNet plan.

I wish they'd cut the difference and have a unlimited data plan for everyone that ran $20 a month.
    11-16-2008 08:31 PM
    I believe you can use ISP access points on the PDA plan though. Not just proxy or WAP.

I agree it's mainly a rip off though.
    11-16-2008 09:40 PM
    Welp,,, ebay that BlackBerry your holding and your half way there :thumbsup: :)
    i just sold my pearl!!
    and now u want to me give up my curve...
    ok thats were i draw the line literaly!
    11-17-2008 08:14 AM
    1 Reason why the iphone Whoops the fuze!

(1) GPS works properly on the iphone!

I give up! I have used every variation of settings. I have tried all the registry tweaks, I tried a dozen different custom ROMs,,,,,, I have tried half a dozen different GPS "kick start" apps. I can get GPS to work smoothly for a few days then for no reason,,, on a clear day, setting still,,, I cant get it to connect no matter what I do.

I went on a trip a few days ago and and for the entire trip I could not get GPS to work. Fuze get bent!!! I'm going back to the iphone.
    01-26-2009 07:49 PM
    i have gone from the BB curve, to iphone, back to the curve, to the bold, back to the iphone, and now to the Fuze. so I can really appreciate some of the stuff on the list on why the fuze is better than the iphone. I really wanted the iphone to work out, after the newness wore off on it I was left paying for a data plan on a phone that you can barely utilize. No mms, no sms forwarding, cut and paste would have been nice. i loved the form factor and the media aspects since I run a mac and itunes, I actually liked the mobile me cloud sync thing. I loved my curve form factor, bb messenger and IM stuff and awesome battery life. Basically my ADHD nature got the best of me in the blackberry and iphone worlds. Rather boring after time. While my fuze seems less peppy and i honestly hate the little black brick form factor (I must have physical keyboard, Palm Tungsten C made me never again want on screen only keyboard.) What every other platform lacks in my experience is "pimp my phone" factors. iphone, bb, treo great out of the box for the average phone user, to me it gets boring. I want to customize more than the icons and color theme. Custom ROM's, gazillions of apps, and making the phone just how "I" want it to work for me is what its all about. I can get by fine on black berry, or treo, not the iphone yet (i do miss pandora, i'm sure wm has similar, been out of wm world for a bit.) I am not wanting to just get by. I want this mini computer in my pocket to be fun to use and "play with" per say. Anyway I think the awesome round robins have shown that it comes down to what you want from your device. the features some have and some do not make everyone get better or get out. Its fun to watch it all pan out, the waiting part not so much fun. Looking forward to getting this week old fuze rocking, if not Android is next on my list. When they make the storm size with slider and android on it I will give it a run. I liked how that one sat in my pocket when I tried it in the store, felt good in the hand. My fuze will eventually physically break, have dropped it twice allready (must get skin or something.) peace and wmexperts rocks
    01-27-2009 06:13 PM
    Ok, i kept that silly iphone for about 2 months before getting tired of its inability to multitask.

Also I have found the sure fire way to jumpstart the GPS on the fuze. If you launch att maps and tell it to get directions then you can flip back to google maps, live search etc....
    03-18-2009 04:51 PM
    i just sold my pearl!!
    and now u want to me give up my curve...
    ok thats were i draw the line literaly!
    so i gave him the BB just because i said i would and let him get his on upgrade cause i was to eager for the fuze so i bought it myself..
    man im glad i have a job!
    03-31-2009 01:11 PM
    i gave up the BB to my dad for his contract renewal on a fuze but i changed my mind and bought the fuze for full price!!
    so i gave him the BB just because i said i would and let him get his on upgrade cause i was to eager for the fuze so i bought it myself..
    man im glad i have a job!
    Well better put in some overtime...... that Touch Pro II isn't going to be cheap :eek: :D
    04-01-2009 03:47 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD