Screen Lock Touch Pro

MTbiker

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm finding my Touch Pro only lasts about 6 hours of moderate data/voice usage. I *THINK* it's because the screen is constantly activating in my pocket, possibly from a subtle keyboard slide. The screen lock (tap power button) is simply insufficient.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a workaround?

thebside

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
The problem that I have found with the standard device lock on the touch pro is that it really doesn't lock everything. If you slide the keyboard even a little bit, it will unlock. If someone calls you the device lock feature doesn't lock the "Answer" "Ignore" touch buttons or hardware buttons and you tend to unlock it. There are quite a few options you have to locking your screen. Me personally I use S2U2 and it works great for me on my Touch Pro (CDMA), as I love to customize my phone.

S2U2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418
there is a download link in the first post.

Other Options:
Sensor Lock
Stylus Lock
Device Lock

There are a few others that you can buy that allow you to lock and unlock using the gSensor and shaking the device.
The one that I tried and worked well was pocket shield.

I know this is my first post, but I am going to try to upload these cabs here. I am not sure who the original creator is on all of these, but I found most of them at http://forum.xda-developers.com .

Anyway, not that you needed this much info, but there it is.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Do any of these locks stop accidental volume button changes? It drives me nuts that even though my device is locked,,,,, every time I touch it the volume app is launched and the volume settings are changed.

nmoreman

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
I read and wanted to use Pocket Shield but after downloading and trying to install Cab file, it says my "Microsoft.NET Compact Framework" needs updated.

Can you tell me how you got this to work? It sounds like what I need.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com

cuzlion

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
S2u2

Just go to xda developers, find the latest S2U2, which is the Slide to Unlock application. It gives you an iphone lock screen where you slide an icon across the screen to unlock, you can set your choice of wallpaper for both portrait and landscape and many other options, like the time and date and weather on the locked screen you can look at without unlocking. It absolutely 100% will keep the beast silent and doing nothing in your pocket no matter which keys get inadvertantly pressed. And it is free. Cuz

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Just go to xda developers, find the latest S2U2, which is the Slide to Unlock application. It gives you an iphone lock screen where you slide an icon across the screen to unlock, you can set your choice of wallpaper for both portrait and landscape and many other options, like the time and date and weather on the locked screen you can look at without unlocking. It absolutely 100% will keep the beast silent and doing nothing in your pocket no matter which keys get inadvertantly pressed. And it is free. Cuz

Thanks for cluing me in to this one. I have been using S2U2 for a week now and it is absolutely the best solution!

cuzlion

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
No problem, hey, I just ran the BassPro Marathon in Springfield, I think its a pretty nice place, but then I'm from podunk Arkansas so all big cities bedazzle me. Cuz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven