Touch Pro available on verizonwireless.com now

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
The same $419/$349 after rebate stuff as was mentioned earlier. If you are lucky to have NE2 available now then that will drop to $299 or $249 depending.

Not sure if it is a misprint or not, but they say 128 MB RAM.

Also curious to see if certain features (like GPS) are locked or not.

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
It actually does list TouchFlo 3D

This is yet another formidable addition to our Windows?based smartphone/PDA device line?up. The new HTC Touch Pro? combines all the performance and functionality of Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with the convenience of a slide?out QWERTY keyboard and a 5?way navigation key. Create and edit documents in Word and Excel?, view PowerPoint? files, filter your Inbox, and stay connected ? securely ? with your office via Wireless Sync or ActiveSync?. Take advantage of Wi?Fi connectivity, Bluetooth? Wireless Technology and its 3.2 MP camera w/flash and video capture. Use it as a tethered modem with BroadbandAccess Connect, find your way with VZ Navigatorsm and stay entertained with Windows Media Player. The Touch Pro is the ultimate no?nonsense mobile productivity tool for the busy professional. Features
EV?DO, 1X RTT Capable (Rev. A capable)
Windows Mobile? 6.1 Professional
Microsoft? Office Word Mobile, Excel? Mobile, PowerPoint? Mobile; and OneNote? Mobile; Adobe? Reader? LE PDF viewer
View, edit, create Word; Excel files; view only PowerPoint, PDF files
Browser: Opera? Mobile
Windows Media? Player 10
Memory: 512MB Flash/128MB RAM
Wi?Fi Connectivity (802.11 b/g)
Bluetooth? Wireless Technology (v2.0)
2.8" Display: 480x640 pixel VGA resolution; 64K color support TFT?LCD
Touch?sensitive LCD display
Portrait and landscape orientation
Slide Out QWERTY Keyboard with 5?Way Navigation Key
3.2 megapixel camera with flash, auto?focus and video capture
microSD? memory slot (up to 16GB)
Voice command capable
Speakerphone
Security locking features
Text, Picture and Video messaging (MMS)
Wireless Sync capable
ActiveSync? capable (v4.5) and Windows Mobile Device Center?
VZAppZonesm
BroadbandAccess Connect capable
VZ Navigatorsm Capable
HTC Touch FLO 3D Navigation
WorldCard Mobile ? business card reader
TTY enabled for the hearing impaired
Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3

Specifications
Dimensions: 4.17" (H) x 2.04" (W) x 0.71" (D)
Weight: 4.94 ounces
Battery: 1340 mAh
Usage Time: Up 250 minutes OR
Standby Time: Up to 350 hours
SAR: Head: 1.43 W/kg; Body: 1.18 W/kg

Not sure 128 MB RAM would be enough for TouchFlo, WM 6.1, and other programs. Perhaps that's why Verizon has it disabled by default (if reports are true, and according to that picture). Or perhaps Verizon just disabled it to make it look more familiar and businesslike.

I'm still hoping the 128 MB of RAM is a misprint (like maybe the guy saw 192, figured it was wrong cuz it was an odd amount of RAM [128+64], and figured it was supposed to be 128?)

I was about to order it until I saw that. Now I'm gonna wait until confirmation of the RAM, and whether or not GPS is unlocked (or unlockable)

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
OK, I give up. I tried copying and pasting the specifications listed on verizonwireless, but I keep getting errors.

If you look through, though, it does list TouchFlo 3D.

Not sure 128 MB RAM would be enough for TouchFlo, WM 6.1, and other programs. Perhaps that's why Verizon has it disabled by default (if reports are true, and according to that picture). Or perhaps Verizon just disabled it to make it look more familiar and businesslike.

I'm still hoping the 128 MB of RAM is a misprint (like maybe the guy saw 192, figured it was wrong cuz it was an odd amount of RAM [128+64], and figured it was supposed to be 128?)

I was about to order it until I saw that. Now I'm gonna wait until confirmation of the RAM, and whether or not GPS is unlocked (or unlockable).

I can live with 192MB (Verizon previously reported specs) instead of 288 MB (Sprint/AT&T/Altel), since it is still 2/3, but 128 MB is ridiculous (and more expensive too????), and would only be 45%!!!

ipaq.r.us

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
i've been beta testing this device from vzw for about 3 wks now and yes it does have the TouchFlo 3d on it. The software seems to be running very slow, but i'm hoping this is just due to beta firmware. the device is also very slow on going from potrait to landscape when sliding out the keyboard.

the pro's on this device, the TouchFlo3d is very slick. the weather is "humorous" especially when you find a place that's rainy. The interface seems reliable, but again, i'm awaiting my production firmware to be sent.

as far as battery life, i get almost a full 12-14hrs out of it using activesync with email, calendar, and contacts sync'd. I average 40 emails a day and 5-6 calendar reminders. also about 10-20 calls that last from 20min - 1.5hrs.

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
i've been beta testing this device from vzw for about 3 wks now and yes it does have the TouchFlo 3d on it. The software seems to be running very slow, but i'm hoping this is just due to beta firmware. the device is also very slow on going from potrait to landscape when sliding out the keyboard.

the pro's on this device, the TouchFlo3d is very slick. the weather is "humorous" especially when you find a place that's rainy. The interface seems reliable, but again, i'm awaiting my production firmware to be sent.

as far as battery life, i get almost a full 12-14hrs out of it using activesync with email, calendar, and contacts sync'd. I average 40 emails a day and 5-6 calendar reminders. also about 10-20 calls that last from 20min - 1.5hrs.

If you've been beta testing, are you allowed to talk about it now that it is released? If so, how much RAM does it have? 192 MB as previously believed, or 128 MB that it claims on the website? Is GPS locked to VZ Navigator?

That battery life, while not great, doesn't sound too bad, and you definitely use it MUCH more than I do, at least phone-wise.

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
If you've been beta testing, are you allowed to talk about it now that it is released? If so, how much RAM does it have? 192 MB as previously believed, or 128 MB that it claims on the website? Is GPS locked to VZ Navigator?

That battery life, while not great, doesn't sound too bad, and you definitely use it MUCH more than I do, at least phone-wise.

ipaq.r.us

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site

no one stated that i couldn't. :)

memory listed in the settings --> about is set at 113.54mb.

gps is also locked to VZ Navigator unless an external one used on COM0 - COM9 or GPD1 - GPD9
vx6850touchpro-2.jpg

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
the highest plans, most crippled handsets, and usually last to get handsets... I swear I don't know how verizon keeps smartphone users

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
GAH. Over on HoFo someone claims to have received their phone and it looks like it really does only have 128 MB of RAM.

Originally Posted by Namtaru
So after turning the phone on, the first thing i did was go right to memory, and it shows the following:

Total: 113.29
In Use: 51.46
Free: 61.83

ridiculous!

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
hmm

ok, looks like it does have 192 MB ram, but OS Program memory takes up 78.71 MB, leaving only 113.29 MB, and then pre-installed programs and such take up another 51.98 MB, leaving 61.3 MB free (though other sources were claiming only ~40 MB free...perhaps that is with TF3D activated, and 60 is without?).

CPU: QUALCOMM 7500A

RAM Size - 192MB
OS Program Memory - 78.71MB
Program Memory: 113.29MB
Used: 51.98MB
Free 61.30MB

Still not sure why this has so much less free RAM than the Sprint/AT&T/Altel versions (288 MB - 192 MB = 96 MB, but the other version have more than 96+60 = 156 MB free...I think the numbers were more like 200 MB)

cmajewsk#CB

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
Still not sure why this has so much less free RAM than the Sprint/AT&T/Altel versions (288 MB - 192 MB = 96 MB, but the other version have more than 96+60 = 156 MB free...I think the numbers were more like 200 MB)

Still not sure why the VZW version has so much less free RAM than the other carrier's versions of the TP? See R1_Rydah's post above yours...he sums it up pretty well.

Anonymouse

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Still not sure why the VZW version has so much less free RAM than the other carrier's versions of the TP? See R1_Rydah's post above yours...he sums it up pretty well.

lol, yeah yeah, but what I mean is that the Verizon TP has 96 MB less onboard RAM than the Sprint TP, yet it has less free RAM than Sprint Free RAM - 96 MB. Just wondering why. Hopefully people can come up with good, custom ROMs that remedy this.

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
I was kinda mad that sprint axed the original battery cover, but I guess I should be happy that they didn't turn Angelina Jolie into Rosie O'Donnell like Verizon did... Verizon took all of the TP's sex appeal away...

normal_touch-pro-6.jpg

normal_touch-pro-7.jpg

normal_touch-pro-5.jpg

normal_touch-pro-8.jpg

normal_touch-pro-4.jpg

how much multi-tasking can wm do with 28mb free
28mbfree.jpg

Last edited:

gibraltar

May 20, 2006
Visit site
vzw what the X?@$*

so the rumors about processor and memory downgrades have proved false.

However, we have locked GPS (no surprise) and an up arrow key between the n and m keys.

The later seems the most ridiculous vzw downgrade yet. Why screw up a perfectly useable keyboard with this useless change?

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
The later seems the most ridiculous vzw downgrade yet. Why screw up a perfectly useable keyboard with this useless change?

my guess is, they eliminated a few keys to make the keys larger (more usable?)... a few days with the device and you guys will get used to it (IMO)... but the locked gps, decreased memory & cosmetic changes would tick me off more than anything...

bennysangel

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I have had it. I have had mine for a week. I have done all the tweaks that I like and added the audio cab that was available. The phone is very unstable. Maybe just mine. Im going to swap out today, don't know if Im going to keep the TP or downgrade to the 6800 that is more stable. I have the Touch but I really miss the physical keyboard. My Touch is way more better than the TP. More memory for one, plus its more stable. The only thing I will miss is the Threaded text messaging. I have had all of the Treo's so I really like that setup.

Which phone is the best? HTC TP or VX6800 :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb