Bluetooth Performance Question

PGR

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently carrying a Sprint Mogul (HTC PPC-6800) and have been for over a year. One of the things I don't particularly care for about it is it's mediocre Bluetooth performance. It seems to work ok (but not great) with some headsets but doesn't work well (if at all) with others, yet those other headsets seem to work great with other phones. I should add that the problem I'm having with the headsets that don't work well is an unacceptable level of static and the headset cutting out in the middle of a call. Even the headsets which do work acceptably have some noise which comes and goes as I move my head around and this leads me to believe that the Mogul simply has a weak Bluetooth signal. I should also add that I replaced the Mogul once, but the replacement was as bad as the original.

Have any of you upgraded from a Mogul to a Touch Pro? If so, did you have this problem with the Mogul and is it any worse or better with the Touch Pro?

Thanks!

Pete

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I moved from the mogul to the Pro. I know what you are talking about with the mogul. I have had my Pro for over a month now and I have had little challenges with pairing or sound quality issues.....but time well tell for sure.

PGR

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Well I've had my Touch Pro for a whole day now and I'm convinced that the Bluetooth works better than on the Mogul. I still get some static as I move my head around with my Ety.Blu, but it's gone from unusable (with the Mogul) to barely acceptable. My BlueAnt and the Blaupunkt hands-free enabled stereo in my car work perfectly. Those items worked pretty good with the Mogul, but I think they work better with the Touch Pro.

Pete

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6