Hi all -

I'm about done with the G1 and looking towards the Fuze. I'm sorta kinda thinking of going with a custom ROM on it for kicks. Are any of them stupendous and light but still have touchFLO, or should i just use the reset trick and go stock?
    12-18-2008 10:51 AM
    I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty pleased with the performance of the Touch Pro/Fuze. It could be a bit snappier, have a few more buttons and the keyboard from the 800w, but those are quibbles.

Once you shake off the 'newness' of the device I think you'll be quite pleased overall by this device. It may not be a Treo Pro killer, but for me it's a Treo 800w killer.
    12-18-2008 02:05 PM
    This Custom ROM has been popular. Don't know how light it is.

The reset trip helps a lot as well.
    12-18-2008 03:07 PM
    This Custom ROM has been popular. Don't know how light it is.

The reset trip helps a lot as well.
    I'd consider that a good ROM, but not a light ROM.

If you are only concerned about the lightness, Da_G's ROM is almost completely stripped down, with all the extra available as separate cab files, and as a package.

RRE
    is another fast ROM. It's loaded, but there's a light version as well (w/o tf3d).

A lot of people seem to like ROMeOS, and I think it's pretty light too. I only tried it briefly.

If you are willing to try out Touch Pro ROM's, Lantis OS and PROven are very good. I found the latest Lantis to be the fastest and least buggy. You'll need this to enable the Fuze's keyboard layout.
    12-18-2008 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD