Touch Pro startup/shutdown sound?

snowbound

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

My Touch Pro is about a week old, I'm loving it and I'm finding my way around pretty well, but there's one item at the top of my list that I don't understand.

Is there any way to disable the startup and shutdown sounds without having to mute all system sounds? I keep forgetting to unmute it, and then I suddenly find that my day is a bit more peaceful than planned after I turn the phone back on.

I know I could just put the phone in 'silent' mode instead of turning it off in most circumstances, but if I need to shut off the phone due to a lack of batteries or some other good reason (in a hospital?), I often don't want that to create a sound.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

SomeAudioGuy

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, it kinda depends on what start up sounds exactly. Those coming from flight mode, or the various tones played during a soft reset.

For flight mode, you should be able to turn off those sounds by going to:
Settings-->Sounds & Notifications-->Notifications

You should be able to customize quite a few different notifications from there.

snowbound

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Well, it kinda depends on what start up sounds exactly. Those coming from flight mode, or the various tones played during a soft reset.

For flight mode, you should be able to turn off those sounds by going to:
Settings-->Sounds & Notifications-->Notifications

You should be able to customize quite a few different notifications from there.

Hi 'Guy,

I did go to that setting screen several times, but there's nothing there I can identify with startup/shutdown, flight mode, or just the establishment of a phone connection. There are settings labeled Connection Enabled and Connection Disabled, but they're both disabled.

SomeAudioGuy

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Weird.
I really thought there was an option in there.

Huh...

Anywho, the phone sounds come from two .wav files in your \Windows folder, PhoneOn.wav & PhoneOff.wav. These are used whenever the cell radio is activated or deactivated.

You can't delete them, but you can over write them with whatever you want. On older phones, like my 6700, I would replace them on principle as PhoneOff is over 700KB.

If you never want the phone to make noise when going back and forth from airplane mode, just replace them with silent .wav's.

I can't remember if the built in file explorer can overwrite ROM files, so you might need Resco or Total Commander

kbcherry

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
Look for an application called Diamond Tweak. You can find it here: http://montecristoff.webs.com/

Or you may even be able to use Schap's Advanced Config. tool. Either way there is an option in them to disable both the Startup Animation and the Startup Sound. Thats about the first thing I do. I can't stand that ATT 3G rushing in sound. At least with the Fuze it responds to the volume settings. On the Tilt it didn't matter what the volume was set at, it was the same annoying loud level even if the phone was muted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre