Allyson13

Oct 26, 2008
www.dyarstraights.com
Trying to get GPS to work with Google Maps.

I've already downloaded AT&T Navigator for the free trial period in hopes of kick-starting the GPS to work with Google.

Any other suggestions, oh great pundits of Fuze?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
Sure, in google maps select the "Set manually" button and then set your com port to 4 and baud rate to 4800. Turn aGPS off. Then under Start>settings>system>external GPS set your GPS program port to COM4 and the GPS hardware port to none and baud rate to 4800.

Then go outside and run a "Quick GPS" download then install and run "GPS Test". Then launch Google maps and select menu>"Use GPS.

Lemme know if you have questions. I have linked to GPS test and attached Quick GPS if you dont already have them. http://classic.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=24687&associateid=9

Last edited:

aebiv

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Disable aGPS, I've never had any luck with it on the Tilt or Fuze. Also, try playing with the baud rate, go as high as you can and work down from there... Can't remember the setting off of the top of my head that works the best, but COM4 is right.

Allyson13

Oct 26, 2008
www.dyarstraights.com
... much snippage

Lemme know if you have questions. ...

It works!

w00t!

I've just added the gps test, but it seems that my problem was that I was indoors. Once I was on the bus, I could watch our progress via Google maps.

If I have any complaint it's that the GPS eats up battery life.

Thank you again. You are the best!!!

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
I have always allowed Windows to control this function. Will this work in an area with no signal or does it still require contact with the cell network?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss