Hello!

My Cingular 8125 was starting to feel a little out dated but I managed to sell it for over $100.00 so I set out to get a new phone. I had been looking at the Fuze but it was kind of high, so I actually considered an iPhone. While it is nice, I don't think it would be productive enough for me, so after finding a good price on the Fuze, I went for it.

I am impressed. Love the data plan and it is pretty fast. Worked well with VPM and remote desktop as well.

The only complaint I have is the battery lift. Barely lasted a dayh with all of my playing with it. And Newegg is (VERY RARE for them) is very late in getting my Micro SD card to me.

Other than that, I love it!
    01-07-2009 08:17 PM
    Well thats great. Glad you like it. If the phone is brand new I can confirm that it takes a week to get the battery capacity up to norm.
    01-08-2009 04:58 PM
    Thank you for not getting the iP.O.S. you will be much happier!
    01-08-2009 10:10 PM
    Well thats great. Glad you like it. If the phone is brand new I can confirm that it takes a week to get the battery capacity up to norm.
    +1 on the battery life getting better with time... but I still carry a spare because I'm a heavy data user...
    01-10-2009 07:40 PM
    The only complaint I have is the battery lift. Barely lasted a dayh with all of my playing with it. And Newegg is (VERY RARE for them) is very late in getting my Micro SD card to me.

Other than that, I love it!
    I'm with you, the battery life kinda sucks.

But, given all the stuff that I run, the battery does last longer than it did with my Palm 700w -- and that's with a more powerful battery.

I am going to have to purchase a spare battery when I go travelling though.
    01-10-2009 09:45 PM
    2 weeks in, and 3 full discharges it is now performing better/longer than my tilt.

I did change the rom and radio though over at XDA.
    01-11-2009 07:47 PM
    2 weeks in, and 3 full discharges it is now performing better/longer than my tilt.

I did change the rom and radio though over at XDA.
    Ya, the ROM you run makes a big difference. Some roms burn through the battery 2X as fast. I am currently using this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446652

I opt for a portable charger rather than a spare battery. And I use rechargeable batteries in the portable charger. http://www.igo.com/productresults.as...+COM6600653-01

Reason is,,,, my igo charger and tip#53 has worked for my last 3 phones. It beats buying a new battery for every phone. And it truly is mobile.
    01-13-2009 05:59 AM
    I was using energy ROM over at XDA, but now im using the new AT&T ROM, which i like better because its basically stock but faster! Plus the select focus(highlighted items) or whatever its called is orange and thats my fav color...
    03-31-2009 01:23 PM
    I was using energy ROM over at XDA, but now im using the new AT&T ROM, which i like better because its basically stock but faster! Plus the select focus(highlighted items) or whatever its called is orange and thats my fav color...
    Did you download from htc https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=e9ndgN4n or from xda? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487994 How r u liking it so far?
    04-01-2009 04:00 AM
    i downloaded it from XDA and i like it because it faster and plus its stock.
    i like other ROMS but they usually have bugs and also have new releases every other day, which got really tiring for me cause i like to keep updated, so i decided to go back stock but with the newer ATT ROM...
    im really happy so far!
    this is the longest i have kept the same ROM 1 entire week so far!
    04-03-2009 12:23 PM
    okay so lets update the ROM conversation again lol!
    i am now running WM 6.5 and i must say its awesome i love this ROM so far and i havent noticed any bugs at all and its so gorgeous...

this is a must have OMG!! im so satisfied with this GORGEOUS ROM!!!
    will post link soon

***INTERMISSION***
    changing classes.

xECK29x Premier Series 1.5b <(4/4) WinMo 6.5|TP2 Manilla|FLoaded and Lite Vers|>
    Last edited by Enyahs_Shayne09; 04-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    04-06-2009 10:05 AM
    hello?? it went dead all of sudden where is everyone?
    04-06-2009 01:33 PM
    hello?? it went dead all of sudden where is everyone?
    I wouldn't say its all of a sudden. I think the forum has to much competition from ppcgeeks and xda-developers....
    04-06-2009 04:57 PM
    i live in lousy Springfield also! which one do you live in?
    04-06-2009 08:09 PM
    i live in lousy Springfield also! which one do you live in?
    I'm from Kansas City,,,,but I've been in Springfield Missouri for 3 years now. I miss K.C.,,, Spfd sux. It has all the drawbacks of a small city with none of the benefits of a small city. K.C. had a some of the drawbacks of a large city with most of the benefits of a large city.
    04-07-2009 06:57 PM
    you would hate it here...
    Spfd, TN is really small and its located outside of nashville
    04-09-2009 12:13 PM
    So the WM6.5 rom works well? I was thinking of using the new At&t rom but I might want to try the 6.5 one as long as it doesn't brick my device.
    04-10-2009 09:51 AM
    I went and looked at the ROM and it does look really nice but I'm still nervous so I guess I'll go with the new at&t rom. also i hate bloatware
    04-10-2009 09:54 AM
    its fine lol!!!6.5 rocks
    04-10-2009 12:18 PM
    A friend of mine just got a Tilt2 and is shipping me his Fuze (for FREE! I offered, he declined) I'm familiar with WM, having had a BJII for the past year (and I like it). The touch screen will be new to me, however.

Do I need to do anything to finish wiping out "his stuff" - ie a cold reset? He deleted contacts, etc already, and I'll be using my own SIM card.

I'll be checking the XDA links above for the new ROM - probably better if I put that on before I start installing everything.

I've got my list of apps to update (pockettwit, kimona free, skyfire, google stuff, laridian)

Any words of advice?

Doug
    Last edited by dougsyo; 10-21-2009 at 04:16 AM.
    10-21-2009 03:59 AM
    A friend of mine just got a Tilt2 and is shipping me his Fuze (for FREE! I offered, he declined) I'm familiar with WM, having had a BJII for the past year (and I like it). The touch screen will be new to me, however.

Do I need to do anything to finish wiping out "his stuff" - ie a cold reset? He deleted contacts, etc already, and I'll be using my own SIM card.

I'll be checking the XDA links above for the new ROM - probably better if I put that on before I start installing everything.

I've got my list of apps to update (pockettwit, kimona free, skyfire, google stuff, laridian)

Any words of advice?

Doug
    It is best to do a clean install of the ROM...if you are comfortable with it, go here and check out the available Windows 6.5 ROMS:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=440

It may be confusing at first...it was for me but before long, you will love flashing your phone. The Fuze is an excellent phone...
    10-21-2009 03:45 PM

Any words of advice?

Doug
    Ya hard reset when you get the phone.

Pull out the stylus
    With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and CENTER buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
    Continue pressing the RESET, VOLUME DOWN and CENTER buttons until you see this message on the screen: This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
    After seeing the message, press VOLUME UP like it says to confirm the delete request and to start the operation.

Then run the hard spl from xda while the phone is connected to the pc via data cable. Then flash the ROM of your choice. Then hard reset again. This is per the recommendations from the hacking experts at xda.

Personally I think it is best to wait a few weeks before flashing a hacked ROM. Get use to the device for a bit before taking big risks and changing everything about it.
    dougsyo likes this.
    10-22-2009 12:18 AM
    My thoughts after using it for a bit over a day: mixed, with a fair amount of disappointment.

The screen isn't too much bigger than the screen on my BJ2, although the orientation can flip when I turn the phone. I'm going to go look at the TP2/Tilt2 screen this evening, see how much bigger it is (specs say 3.6"). For comparison, iphone is 3.5" and Storm is 3.25" - I think I want a bigger screen for a touch-screen phone.

I realized that it's a lot harder to use this keyboard one-handed than I could the BJ2 - but OTOH for two-handed typing the Fuze is nicer.

The real killer was how finger-unfriendly WM61pro is - I "knew this" but I didn't really have much experience. I don't want to use a stylus, I used one with various Palm devices. My BJ2, flashed with WM61standard, was the first serious mobile device with a keyboard but no touch screen. I actually am pretty comfortable with it in spite of the limits. WM65pro is more finger-friendly, and there are ROMs available for the Fuze, but it's still a small screen.

It could grow on me ... but for right now, my SIM's back in my BJ2. I'm thinking of returning it to the friend that gave it to me, and going with TP2 instead. I'll also be looking at switching networks - ATT to Verizon probably - so I may wait until the Storm2 and new Android phones are in stock at Verizon.

Thanks to all that helped!

Doug
    10-23-2009 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD