New Fuze Owner

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello!

My Cingular 8125 was starting to feel a little out dated but I managed to sell it for over $100.00 so I set out to get a new phone. I had been looking at the Fuze but it was kind of high, so I actually considered an iPhone. While it is nice, I don't think it would be productive enough for me, so after finding a good price on the Fuze, I went for it.

I am impressed. Love the data plan and it is pretty fast. Worked well with VPM and remote desktop as well.

The only complaint I have is the battery lift. Barely lasted a dayh with all of my playing with it. And Newegg is (VERY RARE for them) is very late in getting my Micro SD card to me.

Other than that, I love it!

Allyson13

Oct 26, 2008
www.dyarstraights.com
The only complaint I have is the battery lift. Barely lasted a dayh with all of my playing with it. And Newegg is (VERY RARE for them) is very late in getting my Micro SD card to me.

Other than that, I love it!

I'm with you, the battery life kinda sucks.

But, given all the stuff that I run, the battery does last longer than it did with my Palm 700w -- and that's with a more powerful battery.

I am going to have to purchase a spare battery when I go travelling though.

aebiv

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
2 weeks in, and 3 full discharges it is now performing better/longer than my tilt.

I did change the rom and radio though over at XDA.

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
2 weeks in, and 3 full discharges it is now performing better/longer than my tilt.

I did change the rom and radio though over at XDA.

Ya, the ROM you run makes a big difference. Some roms burn through the battery 2X as fast. I am currently using this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446652

I opt for a portable charger rather than a spare battery. And I use rechargeable batteries in the portable charger. http://www.igo.com/productresults.asp?a=PS00264-0001+COM6600653-01

Reason is,,,, my igo charger and tip#53 has worked for my last 3 phones. It beats buying a new battery for every phone. And it truly is mobile.

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I was using energy ROM over at XDA, but now im using the new AT&T ROM, which i like better because its basically stock but faster! Plus the select focus(highlighted items) or whatever its called is orange and thats my fav color...

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
i downloaded it from XDA and i like it because it faster and plus its stock.
i like other ROMS but they usually have bugs and also have new releases every other day, which got really tiring for me cause i like to keep updated, so i decided to go back stock but with the newer ATT ROM...
im really happy so far!
this is the longest i have kept the same ROM 1 entire week so far!

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
i live in lousy Springfield also! which one do you live in?

I'm from Kansas City,,,,but I've been in Springfield Missouri for 3 years now. I miss K.C.,,, Spfd sux. It has all the drawbacks of a small city with none of the benefits of a small city. K.C. had a some of the drawbacks of a large city with most of the benefits of a large city.

dougsyo

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
A friend of mine just got a Tilt2 and is shipping me his Fuze (for FREE! I offered, he declined) I'm familiar with WM, having had a BJII for the past year (and I like it). The touch screen will be new to me, however.

Do I need to do anything to finish wiping out "his stuff" - ie a cold reset? He deleted contacts, etc already, and I'll be using my own SIM card.

I'll be checking the XDA links above for the new ROM - probably better if I put that on before I start installing everything.

I've got my list of apps to update (pockettwit, kimona free, skyfire, google stuff, laridian)

Any words of advice?

Doug

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos