Case suggestion

rosede

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
I just recently got my first HTC Touch Pro. I'm looking for a case, but I'm kind of picky.

I want a leather flip case. I know I've seen a couple, but I wasn't to happy with the design. The two that I've seen both had a big flap attached to the lid, and then secured to the back when closed.

I've used EB cases for my last two devices. On both of them the lid laid flat, and magnets held it down close to the rest of the case. It doesn't appear that EB is making cases for the Touch Pro nor is Sena. Does anyone else know of a case like what I described? If not, I would like to hear some recommendations for other cases, and what others are using.

Thanks.

Daryl Rose

rosede

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I guess I forgot to mention one tiny detail. I'm not looking for a holster, or anything that clips to the belt. I prefer either putting it in my pocket or, just carrying it in my hand.

The EB cases that I've used in the past fit these requirements, but neither EB or Sena plan to design cases for the Touch Pro.

I guess I'll just have to keep looking around.

Thanks.

Daryl

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I feel ya bro I would like to pocket my device from time to time but I am scared of scratches so if you find something let us know.

rosede

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
I feel ya bro I would like to pocket my device from time to time but I am scared of scratches so if you find something let us know.

Well, I don't think that I'm going to find exactly what I want, so I'm going to have to settle for something that is close.

I think that I've finally decided on this Seido Innocase:

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2htch2-bk.htm

I agree scratches are a bit of a concern. As a matter of fact, it took me a week before I realized that a screen protector came with the phone. I have a couple of nicks on the screen because of carrying it in my pocket without a screen protector.

Also, I want a case that will completely cover the phone, because I am not the most graceful person around. I seem to have an issue with holding onto my phone. :eek:

I've dropped my Treo and other phones multiple times. If it weren't for the fact that I had leather cases cushioning the fall, I would have been in the market for a new phone. :D

I'm hoping that this Seidio case will protect my phone from any and all future falls. As a matter of fact, I just recently saved my phone from a hard drop. I picked it up from the table, bumped my hand on the chair and the phone went flying. I didn't know my reflexes were so quick. I snatched that phone out of midair and saved my new phone. (But I doubt that I would be so lucky the next time. :D )

Thanks I appreciate the feed back and suggestions.

Daryl

rosede

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update on the case. I decided to order the Seido Innocase. It wasn't what I wanted, however it will have to do. I looks like it will do a good job at protecting my phone from any nicks, chips, scraps, etc... The big question is; will it protect my phone when it gets dropped, and I know that is coming. (Probably sooner that later.) I would prefer something with a flap to cover the screen, but I just couldn't find anything that fit my other requirements.

Thanks for all of the reply's and suggestions.

Daryl

sanjsrik

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Just a comment, Seidio products "look" nice, but oftentimes aren't very good quality. And their customer service isn't the best either. Unless the one guy who handles repairs just happens to "not be out to lunch" no matter when you call, is back.

draganjr

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Seido case for about five or so months and dropped my phone three times (once on cement) and no problems not even with the case. I also added a screen protector.

sanjsrik

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
again, your results may vary

I was just pointing out my own experience with the company and their products. Neither of which were very good.

TaurenSnake

Feb 5, 2007
Visit site
Honestly I stopped looking any type of cases like these and found that Zagg's Invisible Shield full body kit worked really well at protecting the device from nicks and damage to anywhere on the phone. I have had it on my phone for the last year and now I just removed all but the screen piece because the rest was starting to just collect dirt around the edges (possibly due to my initial installation, had a few problems getting the Fuze's corners smoothly). The screen protector part is still perfect and after a year i don't mind spending another $25 to replace the rest of the body protection.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-fuze-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos