[Official] Verizon Touch Pro give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleis

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
All,

I am suffering here.
Right now i have the verizon Omnia...GREAT device!
windows mobile at its finest...
i even loaded 6.5.1 a Bgill55 rom.
my grip, IT NOW SUCKS!
the resistive screens on the Samsung phones have been notorious for inaccuracies. in the sun its completely washed out...which sucks for me since most of my work is done in a car or outside.
i have played with a few HTC phones and specifically took them out to see if it was a difference. each their was...
its frustating!
with 2 kids and a constant i$$ue$ arising its virtually IMPOSSIBLE i will be getting HTC phone in the near future. BUT!
so that means no keyboard for sure pressing when typing, constantly covering my screen when i need to view wmexperts at work and the number one issue....VERY LITTLE XDA DEVELOPER SUPPORT!
ok, im crying here but i REALLY need another phone. samsung does not...suck...they just...didnt cover all angles.
so..with that im done.
back to the podcast! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sudermatt#WP

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Verizon's Origina TP is sold out

So I sure hope i win the contest.

I've been using a Sprint TP and my wife wants one. This would make her, and by extension my entire family, very happy.

msg928

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Verizon TP is a wonderful device!

Verizon TP is a wonderful device! I don't need the latest TP2 or what not. I'll be happy with the original TP - small, same processing power, and best of all, with a D-pad!

LFD153#WP

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Verizon Touch Pro

Poor Verizon Touch Pro, you were that little weird brother to the Tilt and Sprint Touch Pro. You had the WEIRDEST KEYBOARD EVER and those ugly square corners. You didn't even have the faceted back like you cousin the Diamond. Oh, GPS, you have GPS? Weird, I'm pretty sure it did not work, what do you mean you have GPS? Oh, that's right, it was that evil step-Dad Verizon that would not let you show that wonderful GPS, OK, now I feel bad, I will give you credit for GPS because its not your fault. How about the smallish memory? Again, not your fault. Buy a big truck, you will feel better about the size of your memory.

I actually had a Verizon Touch Pro and aside from the WEIRDEST KEYBOARD EVER it was a cool phone. It was not cool out of the box, mind you. But as far as hack-ability, this phone was the bomb! New ROMs made this phone SO COOL, the hacker community for the Touch Pro was awesome. I loved doing something new, something that Verizon did not want me to do, everyday to this phone.

Too bad I sold the phone because I needed the cash. I went on using the old Q9, wishing I had my Touch Pro, at the time the most advanced phone around. What do you say Touch Pro, want another custom ROM and a new place to feel loved.

I want to win the Verizon Touch Pro.

hobbes52

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i had a verizon.xv6700 and a treo, both winmo. i loved the ability to customize the phones and how they both helped me stay organized. then for some reason i tried blackberry. other than having a portable instant messenger that freezes and reboots when you need it, i cant find anything that it does that winmo doesnt do. plus other than loading themes to make it look like a winmo phone the ui sucks. i want to go back to winmo but unfortunately due to vz contract lawyers and a lagging economy im stuck with this disappointment for a while. im jealous of the progress made with each new winmo device as they release and im kicking my self as each new blackberry is pretty much the same as the previous. plus i miss the slide out keyboard. hopefully the wmexperts gods will smile on me and pick me for a freebie touch pro. otherwise ill be saving my pocket change for the next year and a half till i can get away from this damn blackberry!

jhale1800

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
My Touch Pro

My Alltel Touch Pro just crashed, might as well be bricked, and the only way they will let me upgrade is if I switch from my Alltel plan to a Verizon plan. A Verizon Touch Pro would definitely allow me to hold off till Windows 7 comes out....

-Sin-

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I am new to this smartphone world, the only modern phone I have ever owned was a nextel i870 like 3 years ago. now I am running a pre-paid phone purchased from my local dollar store. It works but the functioniality is basically limited to 2 things, incoming & outgoing calls. not one single specialty is on this device, no ring tones, no games, WELL, it does have a calculator!!!!

I have been researching smartphones and am ready to be a proud owner but I have been giving myself stress headaches trying to decide which device to start out with, I have been going back and forth and back and forth for about 3 months, watching new devices get launched every month and such. And i still am undecided on what to get, then I was looking at the news page for this site, and seen that there is an offer for a give-away on a Verizon Touch Pro, free! I would absolutely love, and appreciate if I could find out more about this deal and I beleave this would be a great, actually a PERFECT device for my first new-age phone, this stupid dollar store cellular phone, is just embarassing! Lmao So whoever posted that message advertising the free verizon touch pro, Please let me know exactly how to go about qualifying for this Godly Deal! my email is registered to this site, please contact me if this was a real offer for the free verizon touch pro

-Sin-

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Touch Pro, Thumbs Up!

:thumbsup:

I am new to this smartphone world, the only modern phone I have ever owned was a nextel i870 like 3 years ago. now I am running a pre-paid phone purchased from my local dollar store. It works but the functioniality is basically limited to 2 things, incoming & outgoing calls. not one single specialty is on this device, no ring tones, no games, WELL, it does have a calculator!!!!

I have been researching smartphones and am ready to be a proud owner but I have been giving myself stress headaches trying to decide which device to start out with, I have been going back and forth and back and forth for about 3 months, watching new devices get launched every month and such. And i still am undecided on what to get, then I was looking at the news page for this site, and seen that there is an offer for a give-away on a Verizon Touch Pro, free! I would absolutely love, and appreciate if I could find out more about this deal and I beleave this would be a great, actually a PERFECT device for my first new-age phone, this stupid dollar store cellular phone, is just embarassing! Lmao So whoever posted that message advertising the free verizon touch pro, Please let me know exactly how to go about qualifying for this Godly Deal! my email is registered to this site, please contact me if this was a real offer for the free verizon touch pro

zingerhill

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a VZ SMT5800 running Win Mob 6.1. I actually really like the phone. The problem is that VZ disabled the GPS on the phone and I'd really like to have a GPS (no I'm not going to carry a separate receiver). I hate to waste my VZ credit on a Touch Pro 2 when I expect there will be much better phones in early 2010. I just want a WinMob phone with GPS! TP1 fits the bill perfectly.

teckels

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it, do I win! I like the slide out keyboard that has a switch transition. I need it for the GPS, and WiFi to really get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss