Why does the VErizion TP and TD have such terrible reviews?

Beaver_2

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I was seriously considering getting one, and the modding community seems to love them, but why do so many reviews on verizion wireless website hate it so much while the professional critics really like it a lot like?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Verizon released this device with a lot less RAM then all the other carrier versions have basically gimping the device. You will find that even in the Modding community that ROM's had to be modded to work properly on the Verizon TP. Basically no large page pools a large page pool would seriously kill the stability of the device. I think peoples irritation with Verizon gimping the device has prompted all the bad reviews.

Beaver_2

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Verizon released this device with a lot less RAM then all the other carrier versions have basically gimping the device. You will find that even in the Modding community that ROM's had to be modded to work properly on the Verizon TP. Basically no large page pools a large page pool would seriously kill the stability of the device. I think peoples irritation with Verizon gimping the device has prompted all the bad reviews.

So will the CDMA ROMS not work on it because of the lack of RAM?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Custom ROM's will work but some will leave you with less RAM depending on how the Page Pool is managed. Some of the ROM chefs have provided a Verizon version of their ROM adjusted to provide max RAM. If I had a Verizon TP I would try those ROM's first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett