10-23-2007 10:09 AM
92 1234
tools
    and i'll say the same; i will give it a try like i have many other business minded devices.
    Why bother? This seems about as far as you can get from a real business device. It seems more like a mainstream device that can just do a lot. I couldn't imagine a BB user considering this as competition/replacement.

As far as RAM, the latest specs put the RAM at a measly 64mb. The big question is if it is allocated differently than the Mogul (I'm still not sure why the Mogul has so little "real life" RAM after the OS loads; it's not just WM6).
    08-21-2007 06:25 PM
    Then forget it. Thanks for saving me the time
    08-21-2007 06:40 PM
    Since my ancient a** predates hard keyboards, I could live fine without one and do just fine with Calligrapher and Fitaly. I'd love to lose the added bulk of the keyboard, so I'm really interested in the Sprint Touch, but I'm a little worried about the screen size. How much difference in size is there between the Touch and the Mogul?
    08-23-2007 09:50 AM
    The Touch and Mogul have the same screen size (2.8" diagonal). This is the screen size many of the HTC devices use.
    08-23-2007 09:56 AM
    Thanks, Stroths, I must have mis-read. So...November....hmmm....deferred gratification becomes more difficult as one ages....:eek:
    08-23-2007 01:10 PM
    What would it take for HTC to make a treo-like device? Is that too much to ask??? (Professional, not standard edition)

Picture a Treo 750 with Kaiser specs....I'd throw my iPhone into the East River in 0 seconds flat....
    08-23-2007 01:29 PM
    ..I'd throw my iPhone into the East River in 0 seconds flat....
    It would bounce.
    08-23-2007 03:23 PM
    It would bounce.
    It would walk on water :)
    08-23-2007 03:29 PM
    :D
    08-23-2007 04:01 PM
    (I'll probably burn in hell for this one, but).....It would part the water too... ;)
    08-23-2007 09:12 PM
    I found this:

"In another Sprint announcement this week, the company and High Tech Computer (HTC) of Taiwan said they will market HTC's Vogue mobile phone in the U.S. as early as late September. The HTC handset uses touch screen technology that is similar to the screen technology used in Apple's iPhone."

Embedded in THIS article.

It is not on Engadget Mobile...yet...
    08-28-2007 03:13 PM
    Here's a picture.

The third device is the Sprint HTC Touch with it having TouchFLO, both Sprint TV/Sprint Music Store access, Windows Mobile 6, 2.0 megapixel camera, and a future upgrade to EVDO Rev. A.
    http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2352/1/

If its not just a rendering it looks even more attractive than the original Touch.

Surur
    09-07-2007 05:46 PM
    I wonder how this will be with the PCM keyboard...
    09-08-2007 01:12 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the latest press releases don't seem to mention WiFi. Could they have pulled this feature? I hope not.
    09-11-2007 10:35 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the latest press releases don't seem to mention WiFi. Could they have pulled this feature? I hope not.
    I dont believe I ever saw any mention of WIFI, so I dont believe it has any. Strangely I have not seen any mention of GPS, and we know the device does have this. BTW, in the leaked pictures it looks just like my Touch I, but maybe a bit bigger.

Surur
    09-11-2007 10:42 AM
    more fodder:Touch Roadmap

No mention of WiFi or GPS.....
    09-11-2007 10:44 AM
    But doesn't the GSM Touch have WiFi?
    09-11-2007 10:46 AM
    But doesn't the GSM Touch have WiFi?
    Yes, but its only the externals which are the same, the internals are very different, not to mention what the carriers request.

Surur
    09-11-2007 10:50 AM
    Whats the latest guys's? Any definitive release date as yet? I cant wait to switch to the Touch (Vogue).
    09-25-2007 09:04 PM
    Whats the latest guys's? Any definitive release date as yet? I cant wait to switch to the Touch (Vogue).
    Any update on this
    10-08-2007 06:44 PM
    Any update on this
    Sprint Touch Hands-on Impressions

Ok, I lied earlier, something sweet DID happen at Digital Life. I got a sneak preview / hands-on with the upcoming Sprint Touch. It looks pretty much like the photo above, which is to say it has the Sprint logo on the lower front. Sadly, the hands-on was so brief and hurried that I wasn't able to snap any pictures.

Details? You want details? Wilco:

The new keyboard looks very much like the "Happy type" keyboard. It's decent, but I'd likely keep recommending SPB Fullscreen keyboard.
    The TouchFlo "cube" is still there, linking to some Sprint-specific stuff but still very useful. Still only 3 sides.
    WiFi is dropped in favor of EVDO. I confirmed that will be updated to EVDO Rev A eventually.
    It's a hair thicker than the original Touch, but still very svelte.
    That fourth icon on the right of the HTC Custom Home screen is a super-convenient profile switcher.
    Sprint Touch == iPhone killer? Well it lets you buy directly from the Sprint Music Store, has 3G, is shorter, does full music, video, YouTube, Full Office Mobile, etc etc etc. I know which one I'd rather use.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...impressio.html

Surur
    10-08-2007 07:03 PM
    and the release date is still rumored to be around the first of November.

Dieter - I did not say "Nov 1", I said the "first of November". ;)

Actually - all of our source(s) at sprintusers say November 4. Which is a Sunday which is typically when Sprint releases a hot new device. Why, I dunno. Ask Forsee.....
    Last edited by bubbatex; 10-09-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    10-08-2007 08:37 PM
    It seems that the Sprint version incorporates some of the changes that were put into the Touch Dual (except for the sliding keyboard) like faster processor, no WiFi. Does anyone know if the Sprint Touch will also have the upgrades to the Touch Flow photo browser with the slide show and zoom features?
    10-10-2007 10:15 AM
    and the release date is still rumored to be around the first of November.

Dieter - I did not say "Nov 1", I said the "first of November". ;)

Actually - all of our source(s) at sprintusers say November 4. Which is a Sunday which is typically when Sprint releases a hot new device. Why, I dunno. Ask Forsee.....
    Actually, you cant ask him squat now. He's been ousted and the CFO (whose name escapes me) is now in charge.

Apparently Forsee consistently lost the company money; so they said it was time for him to goooo!
    10-10-2007 12:07 PM
    yes, I knew that - where's the tongue-n-cheek icon?? :)
    10-10-2007 12:12 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD