Sprint Touch

RandyGOP

Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
I am really looking forward to upgrading to the Touch next week when it comes out. I love the treo, but I miss the larger screen size I had with the 6700 for everything other than email and am really looking forward to less bulk to carry around. Anyone else thinking of making the switch?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
yep

I am sorely tempting to make the jump.

The reviews are very favorable (see WM Expert forums), and the virtual keyboard look like they will be adequate.

And the processor seems much faster than Treo 700wx.

Bring it on...just need to find $400.

Merovingian

Sep 27, 2006
Visit site
Well, for me, it's worth a tryout, i'm not doing away with my 700Wx just yet 'cause it's still the most solid device out there for me.

When the Mogul came out, i got it and tried it out (and all the while my 700Wx was calmly resting on my desk). Mogul was promising but couldn't stand the memory issues and lockups, so i went back to my 700Wx.

Merovingian

Sep 27, 2006
Visit site
gimme5...

The lady had the GSM Touch which has almost 3 times less program memory than the Sprint Touch, so i'm not even concerned about that at all.
Oddly enough, the exact issues she was referring to was why I got rid of the Mogul..couldn't run several apps without coming to a crawl.

gimme5

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
gimme5...

The lady had the GSM Touch which has almost 3 times less program memory than the Sprint Touch, so i'm not even concerned about that at all.
Oddly enough, the exact issues she was referring to was why I got rid of the Mogul..couldn't run several apps without coming to a crawl.

Thanks for the correction, so yeah, basically, more memory, and twice the CPU power. That should hopefully take care of those issues. I couldn't imagine having to soft reset just to use the camera...lol

I hope it works out for you guys. I still need a keyboard :)

RandyGOP

Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the correction, so yeah, basically, more memory, and twice the CPU power. That should hopefully take care of those issues. I couldn't imagine having to soft reset just to use the camera...lol

I hope it works out for you guys. I still need a keyboard :)

If the HTC soft keyboard works half as well as it does on youtube then it shouldn't be much of a factor, but will definitely take some getting used to. Remember, it's not like you are pulling out a stylus and using the Windows Mobile keyboard. It is a trade off like anything else, a much larger screen and much less bulky than the treo, but no keyboard.

Also, it will be interesting to try out the scroll wheel, which should definitely help with one-handed operation, at least it did way back when I had a blackberry. I'm not going to type a novel on the thing, but I'm not doing that on a treo either.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Also, it will be interesting to try out the scroll wheel, which should definitely help with one-handed operation, at least it did way back when I had a blackberry. I'm not going to type a novel on the thing, but I'm not doing that on a treo either.

The Touch does not have a scroll wheel, but it does have finger scrolling of course.

Surur

chavezguy04

Jun 21, 2007
Visit site
I just got my touch today... and sold my treo 700wx....aall i have to say about it first off is how small & thin(I loved it).... the thouch screen i am still getting used to!!!! but great phone thus far!!! any questions???

gimme5

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
If the HTC soft keyboard works half as well as it does on youtube then it shouldn't be much of a factor, but will definitely take some getting used to. Remember, it's not like you are pulling out a stylus and using the Windows Mobile keyboard. It is a trade off like anything else, a much larger screen and much less bulky than the treo, but no keyboard.

I just got into playing SNES games on my wx via Morphgear. That's one thing that I'd miss if I didn't have a keyboard. I think using the touch screen for typing regular messages would take some getting used to (for me at least)

Besides that, I have to say, it looks pretty cool.

H_D

Mar 17, 2006
Visit site
Just got my Sprint Touch today! Physically very small & very responsive when navigating through the menus. I wanted to stay with Palm but I cant wait any longer for the rumored 800w.

WarDogg

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Treo... slowing becoming... cough.... exctinct.

LOL. I prefer a physical keyboard anyday. Its just something about pressing buttons.

dvdmon

Jun 28, 2004
twelveblackcodemonkeys.com
I've had a full hard keyboard on my phone for I think either 5 or 6 years now. I can't see going back to a soft keyboard that I would need a stylus to operate. Even the iPhone with it's large keys are not good. Hopefully HTC will make a similar phone but with a hide-away hard keyboard for Sprint similar to the Tytn II (Kaiser). Actually isn't the Tytn II kind of the same phone as the touch but without the keyboard (and for GSM rather than EVDO)?

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You mean like this (GSM only currently, comes in either a 9 T9 or 20 key suretype version).

htc_touch_dual_ps_en_525-high.jpg

Surur

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6