The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-06-2007 08:47 AM
29 12
tools
    I am really looking forward to upgrading to the Touch next week when it comes out. I love the treo, but I miss the larger screen size I had with the 6700 for everything other than email and am really looking forward to less bulk to carry around. Anyone else thinking of making the switch?
    11-01-2007 07:43 PM
    I am sorely tempting to make the jump.

The reviews are very favorable (see WM Expert forums), and the virtual keyboard look like they will be adequate.

And the processor seems much faster than Treo 700wx.

Bring it on...just need to find $400.
    11-01-2007 08:07 PM
    Anyone seen this video *fondling* of the Sprint Touch yet... :)

11-01-2007 08:26 PM

If I wasn't sold before I am after that. For me, the true test before I put my WX on ebay will be a few days on the road depending on email, but that is one slick looking device.
    11-01-2007 09:14 PM
    Well, for me, it's worth a tryout, i'm not doing away with my 700Wx just yet 'cause it's still the most solid device out there for me.

When the Mogul came out, i got it and tried it out (and all the while my 700Wx was calmly resting on my desk). Mogul was promising but couldn't stand the memory issues and lockups, so i went back to my 700Wx.
    11-01-2007 09:52 PM
    I think I'll keep my 700wx.

The video below shows some problems. Also, personally, I need a keyboard.

11-02-2007 12:23 PM

Touch's picture manager as shown in the video is really good. I wasn't aware of it until I saw it. I guess I will have to put my Treo 700wx on ebay now. Really looking forward to Touch Launch.
    11-02-2007 12:51 PM
    Where is the keyboard? Is it a software keyword. Yuk
    11-02-2007 01:57 PM
    gimme5...

The lady had the GSM Touch which has almost 3 times less program memory than the Sprint Touch, so i'm not even concerned about that at all.
    Oddly enough, the exact issues she was referring to was why I got rid of the Mogul..couldn't run several apps without coming to a crawl.
    11-02-2007 02:25 PM
    gimme5...

The lady had the GSM Touch which has almost 3 times less program memory than the Sprint Touch, so i'm not even concerned about that at all.
    Oddly enough, the exact issues she was referring to was why I got rid of the Mogul..couldn't run several apps without coming to a crawl.
    Thanks for the correction, so yeah, basically, more memory, and twice the CPU power. That should hopefully take care of those issues. I couldn't imagine having to soft reset just to use the camera...lol

I hope it works out for you guys. I still need a keyboard :)
    11-02-2007 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the correction, so yeah, basically, more memory, and twice the CPU power. That should hopefully take care of those issues. I couldn't imagine having to soft reset just to use the camera...lol

I hope it works out for you guys. I still need a keyboard :)
    If the HTC soft keyboard works half as well as it does on youtube then it shouldn't be much of a factor, but will definitely take some getting used to. Remember, it's not like you are pulling out a stylus and using the Windows Mobile keyboard. It is a trade off like anything else, a much larger screen and much less bulky than the treo, but no keyboard.

Also, it will be interesting to try out the scroll wheel, which should definitely help with one-handed operation, at least it did way back when I had a blackberry. I'm not going to type a novel on the thing, but I'm not doing that on a treo either.
    11-02-2007 05:08 PM
    Also, it will be interesting to try out the scroll wheel, which should definitely help with one-handed operation, at least it did way back when I had a blackberry. I'm not going to type a novel on the thing, but I'm not doing that on a treo either.
    The Touch does not have a scroll wheel, but it does have finger scrolling of course.

Surur
    11-02-2007 05:47 PM
    I just got my touch today... and sold my treo 700wx....aall i have to say about it first off is how small & thin(I loved it).... the thouch screen i am still getting used to!!!! but great phone thus far!!! any questions???
    11-02-2007 07:49 PM
    If the HTC soft keyboard works half as well as it does on youtube then it shouldn't be much of a factor, but will definitely take some getting used to. Remember, it's not like you are pulling out a stylus and using the Windows Mobile keyboard. It is a trade off like anything else, a much larger screen and much less bulky than the treo, but no keyboard.
    I just got into playing SNES games on my wx via Morphgear. That's one thing that I'd miss if I didn't have a keyboard. I think using the touch screen for typing regular messages would take some getting used to (for me at least)

Besides that, I have to say, it looks pretty cool.
    11-02-2007 09:16 PM
    I just got my touch today... and sold my treo 700wx....aall i have to say about it first off is how small & thin(I loved it).... the thouch screen i am still getting used to!!!! but great phone thus far!!! any questions???
    Where'd you get the Sprint Touch from?
    11-02-2007 09:29 PM
    I was at two sprint stores today and they told me to try next week.
    11-02-2007 09:58 PM
    Just got my Sprint Touch today! Physically very small & very responsive when navigating through the menus. I wanted to stay with Palm but I cant wait any longer for the rumored 800w.
    11-02-2007 11:43 PM
    Treo... slowing becoming... cough.... exctinct.

LOL. I prefer a physical keyboard anyday. Its just something about pressing buttons.
    11-02-2007 11:50 PM
    I've had a full hard keyboard on my phone for I think either 5 or 6 years now. I can't see going back to a soft keyboard that I would need a stylus to operate. Even the iPhone with it's large keys are not good. Hopefully HTC will make a similar phone but with a hide-away hard keyboard for Sprint similar to the Tytn II (Kaiser). Actually isn't the Tytn II kind of the same phone as the touch but without the keyboard (and for GSM rather than EVDO)?
    11-03-2007 06:37 AM
    You mean like this (GSM only currently, comes in either a 9 T9 or 20 key suretype version).

Surur
    11-03-2007 06:56 AM
    You mean like this (GSM only currently, comes in either a 9 T9 or 20 key suretype version).

Surur
    No, I mean like the FULL QWERTY keyboard of the TyTnII:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=HHNQfqmj
    11-03-2007 07:10 AM
    I like the the looks of the Touch but I'ld have to see how the data entry works with my huge thumbs. The 700wx keys are barely managable. I have yet to try how the Iphone works with my thumbs. Unless the Touch really bowls me over when I try it, I have decided no new phone unless it comes with wifi too.

I could go for the tytn II. I love the tilt function but the think does look a little thick.
    11-03-2007 01:25 PM

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=ob35ys4j

thats an image of the 12 key one

if you want a qwerty keypad go for the 20 key one

i will find an image for you

lol But theres no way around this!

found them

It even has 2 cameras, one of the back, and one on the front for video calls

heres the link

TONS of pics and videos

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/article740.html

I kinda like the keyboard that way, men normally have larger hands; and i still find the treos keyboard to be on the small end of things.

((ALSO)) the micro sd mem card slot is on the OUTSIDE!!!
    Last edited by airibis; 11-03-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    11-03-2007 01:34 PM
    I'm not much of a slider fan...I'm taking a chamce on the regular touch and the virtual keyboards.
    11-04-2007 02:47 PM

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=aPBRaVmw
    thats an image of the 12 key one
    I don't know, it looks like a full keyboard to me...
    11-04-2007 03:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD