Sprint Touch and Threaded SMS

ydounvme21

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
I know this is a Treo Board as I've been a 700wx user for over a year now so don't shoot me for posting this here. :) I decided to switch to the touch as I really needed a smaller "pocketable" phone.

I love the threaded messaging and it installed perfectly on the touch. Only problem is the virtual keyboard (which is much better than I thought it would be) covers up the input box so I cannot see what I'm typing. This used to happen on my 700wx as well, but I never needed the virtual keys so it didn't matter.

Anyone have an idea on how to get the input box to shift upward so I can see the text I'm typing? So far my only option has been blind typing or using the spb full screen keyboard which somewhat defeats the purpose of threaded sms.

I did try pocket cm contacts as well, but the pocket cm keyboard was too small and the sprint keyboard screwed it up.

Any help would be appreciated!

unknown_g

Feb 16, 2007
Visit site
Here is someone's suggestion that I think would work fine:

Originally Posted by SethMcMichael
Im not sure how hard this would be, but wouldnt it be easier to just adjust the formatting of the Threaded program that we have and have the Text box at the top and have the text sorted from newest at the top and oldest at the bottom. That should solve the problem we are having right?

I think this would be the very best option. I wonder if anyone can rewrite it so that it works this way. I personally wouldn't mind the most recent text be first and go the oldest on bottom.

ydounvme21

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
I totally agree with you!

I've asked a friend of mine to look at the program and see if something like this could be done. Here are two edited photos I gave him to relay the idea. One has the smiley and quicktext at the top and one at the bottom. I'm not sure if the pop up boxes would be a problem being at the top and I don't want him doing excessive programming for something that isn't all that important.

For me the number one goal is the text box up top, second in line is reversing the thread so it goes downward instead of up and then finally the smileys and texts being at the top.

If it can be done I'll be sure to post.

ydounvme21

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
Anyone know hot to change the location of the virtual keyboard? If we could get it to pop down from the top when in the Palm App we could see what's going into the input box at the bottom. Just a random idea lol

ydounvme21

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm

This program works really well so far. Just started using it today, haven't bought it yet. Doesn't have a "pop up" notification, but I set the outlook text message audio notification and disabled the pop up. Then I just hit the camera button to open up extreme text. The best part is that it works with the pop up keyboard!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss