Windows live and Hotmail question.

gsxrlo

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, brand new to the forum and brand new to the Touch(my first Pocket Pc).

I love this thing, i have spent about two days getting use to the phone(ppc) but i am still happy i made the move.

i have installed a couple of apps and was succesfull in doing it.

I did run in to a problem that i cant figure out how to fix, HELP please...

1. i set up my hotmail acount and works fine, push is working and i love it, but the problem is this. some how setting up Windows live i also get the mail there, so i have 1 message in two different emails. i have tried to erase or delete either one, hotmail or windows but it does not give me the choice of deleting it.... Does all this make sense to you guys? i guess i dont want Hotmail and Windows live to show me emails, how do i delete Hotmail? or should i keep hotmail and delete Windows Live?

again not sure what to keep as this is my first phone with email....

2. i guess i have another thing i cant do...the camera button, can i set it
(my old phone i had the setting of 1 touch launch, or holding down for 3 senconds to launch...i find my self launching the camera to often....HELP...

Oh one more please.....

the green "talk" button next to the touch pad....can it be program to launch voice dial by holding down??? my old phone if i held the "talk" button it launched "Active sync" a kind of voice command program....

Thank you to all in advance.....

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
im not sure if this is your answer but once you set windows live up it sets a email account in outlook. you can take the windows live off the today screen if you'd like. i think that's what you're referring to.

gsxrlo

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
hi thanks for the response...but.....

this is what my Mailbox has:
Hotmail
xxxx@hotmail.com
my email server from work
xxxx@workserver.com
Windows Live
xxxx@hotmail.com
Add new email account
Tap to setup a new account

I get the same email in both accounts that I set up by mistake, so in my home screen it says i have 2 new emails, but is the same one in different messages systems....

hope that clear a bit more what my problem is.

thanks.

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
ok, you should be able to delete the hotmail from outlook. you will not be able to delete the live account from outlook tho.

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
and yo delete it go to menu then options, click and hold over the hotmail and delete should pop up. will be grayed out for the live account.

gsxrlo

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
yo thanks for the help....here is what happens...

am at the Options screen;

Tap an account to change settings.
Outlook E-mail
xxxx@workemailserver.com
Windows Live
New Account....

i tap and hold on Outlook Email and get a small window with a greyd out DELETE.

i was so close but is not working.

I go to the Messaging window and see:

HOtmail
My work server email
Windows Live
New email account

the soft key on the bottom right is "menu", i tap and get a window with Options and Delete, i select HOtmail and choose Delete but it doesnt delete it.

sorry for putting you to work, i do appreciate the help.

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
ok, here's what you do... go in the outlook email account. then menu, tools, options... manually delete settings... should do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss