Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
world of difference... got it over on Ppc Geeks

HKLM/Software/OEM/TFLOSettings

Change DWord value for FingerPressure to 9000

mg48

Nov 12, 2004
Visit site
I like the 9000 setting. Though I have to admit I did not try anything in between it and the default setting.

Jeremy

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
just so everyone knows if you align your screen this setting will change. simply just go back and edit it after the align.

jim256

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
im not sure how many people already know about this/have done this but...

i would certainly recommend changing HKLM\DRIVERS\TOUCHPANEL "PRESSURETHRESHOLD" from w/e it is to the highest value (FFFFFFFF in hex).

it makes a difference. not too much, because in the end the software can only do so much, and it was dumb htc making the screen so unresponsive (my dads axim x30's screen is *F A R* more responsive...).

but i do know that it makes a difference, because i once input "2" because i wasnt sure it was doing anything and... :eek: ended up having to hard reset my phone because the screen wouldnt do anything no matter what...dont put it too low!

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
The pressure sensitivity settings are overridden anytime you do a screen calibration. As a matter of fact, the lighter you press on the screen calibration screen, the higher the sensitivity numbers are set.

kaitlyn2004

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Oh great! Thanks! Mine was actually at 2100.. i set it to 5500 and notice a huge improvement! yayy

No idea how you guys just somehow "know" what to change, but thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa