Sprint Touch dropped calls issue

dornier

Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Every once in a while I notice that even though I have the maximum signal strength, the Touch will drop calls. It was very noticeable in Miami Florida where I'm starring at the phone signal strength and it displays all of the possible bars while talking. All of a sudden the call drops and I see the signal strength drop to no bars and get the "signal lost" phone message. My friend with a Touch has noticed the same thing.

So what's the cause? Is it the phone or is it the Sprint network? By the way, when a cell tower gets overwhelmed with too many users, does it terminate the connection using a priority system? Does the phone along with the network attempt to transfer the active call to another tower, or is it the phones job?

Thanks for the help and insight,

GP

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
well

I have had a Touch for a while and am not seeing dropped calls in any greater number than any other phone. The issue of dropped calls is 99% of the time due to towers and coverage.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I would say maybe 80-90%. Before I switched to AT&T, I usually never dropped calls at work with my Treo but a coworker whom also had Sprint dropped constantly...two Sprint lines in the same building one dropping calls all the time and the other not at all. And we both got four bars so there was good coverage. I think he had issues with his handset. The Treo has a strong radio with my past experience. In my house my wifes A900 barely worked throughout the whole house and my Treo worked in about 75% of the house under Sprint. Now we are both with AT&T and I am happy to say we both work in 100% of the house. :D :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss