Introducing dedicated GDR1 branch of UC Browser

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Many user has upgraded their phone to GDR1 which brings a huge leap in webpage rendering.

UC Browser now introduce a dedicated branch to take advantage of this new OS version
UC Browser for WP8.1
UC Browser WP8.1 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It will support many webkit based page and fix "Social login" issue on popular sites like Pinterest and Quora.

It's a time of rapid development, WP jump forward very quickly. So we need to have a seperated branch for hardcore users and daredevils
It's not for test, just designed to run on latest WP system. We won't promise it's performance on previous OS version, even original WP8.1
If you always try new apps and upgrade your system, use this version as you main UC Browser!

This branch will generally move forward with our standard version, with more lab features.
Maybe one day, this app will merge back to our original UC Browser, but don't worry, our quality will stay the same!

Feel free to try it out!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this new version of UC Browser. I'm glad you're supporting GDR1 update specifically. That should help keep bugs away.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish Microsoft would allow us to choose default browser... I don't care for 3rd party browsers, as long as all links etc open in IE.

SyntacticSyntax

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I wouldn't have know what is that second UC browser. Anyway. I hope we have additional settings like to disable the swipe from left gestures. It's excruciating on a 6-inch screen (NL 1320 user here) that when I zoom and need to read the left panel, it will go to the previous site. Some features from the Android versions like text auto-zooming, scroll to bottom or top. Different accent color of UC when browsing through incognito, opening of the homepage on start-up rather than the latest closed site and Background Downloading without the need of plugging it to a charger. Is there an official forum to provide feedback?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea