01-06-2011 02:42 PM
33 12
tools
    I am wondering since CES 2011 Consumer Electronics Show is only on January 6-9 if Microsoft or AT&T, T-Mobile will be announcing new phone models since that is less than 60 days away.

Not only phone models, will they announce the first WP7 software update?

Any thoughts?

While I wouldn't call models launched only 65 days from initial launch a 2nd generation at all I would think that by June 2011 you'd have a major couple of firmware updates of the WP7 OS...
    11-12-2010 08:52 PM
    I think we will see some CDMA action around that time frame, hopefully alot more than the disappointing HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint.

I would also guess we will hear about, if not have, the first software update by CES 2011.
    11-13-2010 12:26 AM
    I hope they show a samsung sprint phone in january,
    I have has so many HTC's and I am really not happy with the quality, I have the focus now and its been night and day with quality with the phone ...
    12-09-2010 10:23 AM
    I really wish Nokia make a WP7 because they have the Best hardware for phones
    but the worst OS..
    12-09-2010 10:24 AM
    I just want to see anything with a physical keyboard and gloabl roaming on Sprint. Those are my only requirements.
    12-09-2010 06:59 PM
    I would love to see something headed to VZW hopefully running the second gen snapdragon or better. No physical keyboard and 4-4.3 inch screen
    12-10-2010 09:22 PM
    I just want to see anything with a physical keyboard and gloabl roaming on Sprint. Those are my only requirements.
    I thought the HTC HD7 Pro had all that ? and its coming to sprint
    12-11-2010 02:35 PM
    I thought the HTC HD7 Pro had all that ? and its coming to sprint
    It does not have global roaming. =(
    12-13-2010 10:43 AM
    I'm hoping they announce a few CMDA phone's. In particular something like the Focus on Verizon. I know Samsung has tweeted that they are working on something for Verizon so let's hope it's even better than their first foray into WP7 (dual core processor, lots of memory and Superamoiled screen!! I cannot wait!!
    12-15-2010 03:28 PM
    I'm hoping they announce a few CMDA phone's. In particular something like the Focus on Verizon. I know Samsung has tweeted that they are working on something for Verizon so let's hope it's even better than their first foray into WP7 (dual core processor, lots of memory and Superamoiled screen!! I cannot wait!!
    Unfortunately, I am starting to get the impression that we are not going to see any WP7 LTE announcements at CES. Perhaps something like the exiting handsets. We already know the HTC trophy will be one of the first VZ WP7 phones, which hardly impressive.

I am really hoping when the WP7 phones launch on VZ they will launch something with a FF camera. TI would be so disappointing to see that they are already out of date upon launch.
    01-03-2011 01:58 PM
    there hasn't been any big leaks of WP7 devices which is either a good sign or a bad one.. im hoping for some sprint love and a good sized update along with dates for future updates..
    01-03-2011 07:52 PM
    I found that to be odd too. Zero leaks about anything WP7 related.
    there hasn't been any big leaks of WP7 devices which is either a good sign or a bad one.. im hoping for some sprint love and a good sized update along with dates for future updates..
    01-04-2011 09:40 AM
    I found that to be odd too. Zero leaks about anything WP7 related.
    Has me really concerned. I really don't want to have to wait several more months for a non-joke WP7 device on Sprint.
    01-04-2011 03:13 PM
    Just read from Paul Thurrotts tweet about the two upcoming updates to Windows Phone 7. Check it out. What’s happening with Windows Phone updates in 2011 | Windows Phone Secrets
    01-04-2011 04:29 PM
    Just read from Paul Thurrotts tweet about the two upcoming updates to Windows Phone 7. Check it out. What’s happening with Windows Phone updates in 2011 | Windows Phone Secrets
    this worries me even more so does that mean no sprint love until febuary ?!
    01-04-2011 07:40 PM
    Yeah, that was the implication. WP7 CDMA update as of early February, although that seems pretty reasonable as CES is used a platform to announce new products not deliver them same day. As an aging Palm Pre owner I can't wait to get my hands on a new Sprint compatible WP7 device.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 01-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    01-04-2011 11:08 PM
    Yeah, that was the implication. WP7 CDMA update as of early February, although that seems pretty reasonable as CES is used a platform to announce new products not deliver them same day. As an aging Palm Pre owner I can't wait to get my hands on a new Sprint compatibility WP7 device.
    u and me both buddy! even tho hps febuary 9th show seems promising...
    01-04-2011 11:19 PM
    the windows phone fan page on facebook is advertising to watch steve ballmer's keynote live at 9:30 EST... I'm taking that to mean something good and exciting!
    01-05-2011 06:26 PM
    So Balmer still used the phrase "first half of 2011" regaring WP7 CDMA phones. Somebody pease tell me that he's just playing hard to get and really meant by next month.
    01-05-2011 11:17 PM
    Disappointed as well
    come on ! first half of 2011 for verizon and sprint ?
    and I'm sure they are not going to be 4G phones ! what is the hold up ... is Microsoft a Union Shop?

also no real tablet solutions ? no windows embeded tabs no windows phone 7 tabs like we knew and really no windows tabs..

I really love microsot and have backed balmer for quite some time now but its time I think he should go now ..
    I wold like to see the creative mind man Mre Belfure
    I'm sure I hacked his name but I like his thinking and I think he would have the direction of a windows CE Tab
    and also on top of all that I think we saw over the last 3 days
    what 10 new android phone and how many android tablets?
    MS is getting there buts kicked and we need them to turn it around..
    01-05-2011 11:36 PM
    Disappointed as well
    come on ! first half of 2011 for verizon and sprint ?
    and I'm sure they are not going to be 4G phones ! what is the hold up ... is Microsoft a Union Shop?

also no real tablet solutions ? no windows embeded tabs no windows phone 7 tabs like we knew and really no windows tabs..

I really love microsot and have backed balmer for quite some time now but its time I think he should go now ..
    I wold like to see the creative mind man Mre Belfure
    I'm sure I hacked his name but I like his thinking and I think he would have the direction of a windows CE Tab
    and also on top of all that I think we saw over the last 3 days
    what 10 new android phone and how many android tablets?
    MS is getting there buts kicked and we need them to turn it around..
    I agree.

I know they may be waiting for MWC to show off some things but they really needed to have a good CES in the mobile department and they just let android still the show.
    01-06-2011 12:11 AM
    I thought it was ok. Those new spiffy android phones were announced, not released. 4G phones not really booming becuase 4G isn't available in many areas. But I'm hoping the CDMA phones get realeased soon, so that the WP7 user base can get a major following.
    01-06-2011 08:26 AM
    1st half of 2011 is insane. If you heard what was said he said that as soon as the updates drop, that is when the phones would be released. Now outside of performance upgrades and copy/paste what else could the update offer that Sprint and Verizon are saying they will wait for those updates.
    01-06-2011 09:32 AM
    1st half of 2011 is insane. If you heard what was said he said that as soon as the updates drop, that is when the phones would be released. Now outside of performance upgrades and copy/paste what else could the update offer that Sprint and Verizon are saying they will wait for those updates.
    It offers support for CDMA networks. Sprint and VZW would love to release WP7 devices right now, but they will not work until the update is released.

I was also pretty disappointed though, not one new phone announcement from either Microsoft or any device manufacturer. Since the HTC 7 Pro will not work for me, guess I am going to be waiting a long time.
    01-06-2011 10:42 AM
    It offers support for CDMA networks. Sprint and VZW would love to release WP7 devices right now, but they will not work until the update is released.

I was also pretty disappointed though, not one new phone announcement from either Microsoft or any device manufacturer. Since the HTC 7 Pro will not work for me, guess I am going to be waiting a long time.
    You are looking for global roaming right? What else don't you like about the Pro 7? I did research but I would like more perspective on the phone.
    01-06-2011 10:47 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD