New Sprint Device?

ItsBrett

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a webOS user, and hoping to switch over to WP7 soon. I was wondering if there are any new devices planned for this month on the sprint network. I realize that sprint is going towards a more android-based network (yippe...-_-), but do they have any WP7 devices in the pipelines?

Thanks.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Well we have the Arrive on Sprint but it will be a while before the next device. A store rep told me there is another coming but it will be late summer or early fall before it is announced.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Sadly Sprint seems to be going all in with Android. They may get some new 7.5 device, but I doubt it will have global roaming. I myself plan to dump Sprint when the new wave hits AT&T, even though it will cost alot more.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I love my Arrive, especially the battery life. The only thing not love is the size...

Everyone hates on Sprint phones. I just don't see it.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I love my Arrive, especially the battery life. The only thing not love is the size...

Everyone hates on Sprint phones. I just don't see it.

The big issue is Sprint doesn't care about business user at all. Arrive does not have global roaming, so for me it is useless. I seriously doubt any new Windows Phone Sprint gets will have it either, because they don't understand their customers.

Otherwise, I would love to get the Arrive. My father has one, and I have played around with it quite a bit. It's just disappointing that they overlook such an obvious requirement for their devices.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it kills me when a device is so close to being perfect but just doesn't make it. Add global roaming to the Arrive and a little larger screen and it'd be the perfect device.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it kills me when a device is so close to being perfect but just doesn't make it. Add global roaming to the Arrive and a little larger screen and it'd be the perfect device.

Seriously, I agree. How hard is it to recognize that the Touch Pro2 format was a favorite of Windows power users and just make that same excellent keyboard with a global roaming feature and WP7? Some of this stuff is just so obvious for what would make a great device for certain segments. It's like Samsung leaving out LED notifications on the Nexus S 4G. So ridiculous.

An EVO design running WP7 with global roaming maybe? These are not difficult things to figure out people. C'mon Sprint/Microsoft. Get your head outta that dark place between your cheeks.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't care how big the screen is, keyboard or not, etc... I would buy any WP on Sprint with global roaming, no matter what else the device was.

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of business users who need global roaming. I just think its funny that I used to always say that Sprint focused more on businesses than consumers (hence the crappy customer sat scores). I don't have a perception now but I DO know that I work for a gargantuan company who standardized on Sprint for its employee phones. So when I see Sprint get blasted because every phone they have is not a global roaming phone, suddenly they are not a business friendly phone company. Then it made me wonder what percentage of business users need their phone outside the US and Canada.I have no idea either way. I am just curious.
Are we talking about 5%? 15%? 80%?

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not to jump in on the conversation, but really on no new WP7 phones till about Fall? I am ready for upgrade and the HTC Arrive is nice, but would like a bigger 4 inch screen and the newer phones, though the arrive is more than enough for me. I mean I used it at the sprint store and loved it, but sometimes sprint pisses me off with not having certain phones. I could get the arrive, would get mango, then get another phone later, I just don't know.

shugashane08

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
To the people saying that sprint doesn't cater to businesses, that isn't all true. I personally don't need global roaming but if I did need it for my business, I would pick a phone that has it. If the WM7 doesn't offer it, don't get it. Just get something that has it. (No disrespect given)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Biggest problem with Sprint and their new direction is they are really only carrying Android devices. I personally can't stand Google and want nothing to do with them or their services.

That leaves RIM, which I am currently using. But after the Tour fiasco, never again for me. I honestly don't think they know how to make a phone that works anymore. Pretty sad, because I really liked up until 2 years ago.

Sprint really needs to get on the diversity train here. There are so focused on Android they are not getting anything else of any quality. I think it is going to doom them, no matter how good their plans are.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Biggest problem with Sprint and their new direction is they are really only carrying Android devices. I personally can't stand Google and want nothing to do with them or their services.

That leaves RIM, which I am currently using. But after the Tour fiasco, never again for me. I honestly don't think they know how to make a phone that works anymore. Pretty sad, because I really liked up until 2 years ago.

Sprint really needs to get on the diversity train here. There are so focused on Android they are not getting anything else of any quality. I think it is going to doom them, no matter how good their plans are.

Your like me. I hate android, it is clunky and so fragmented and bloated. I had a xoom for a few days and took it back. FIRST THING, I hit Gmail and it crashed. *sigh* I have a playbook and it is great, btu the new RIM phones are ok, same crap os. I am tired of RIM and blackberries. Sure we probably will see an iphone on sprint, but I am not really into ios that much, even though it is nice. Windows phones would match up with my zune stuff and xbox live. Might just end up getting the arrive and then later on ponying up for a newer, nicer phone, but I have either gotten "old" as I don't want much: nice screen, good sound and horsepower to not run slow, oh and good camera and the arrive has all that.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Well we have the Arrive on Sprint but it will be a while before the next device. A store rep told me there is another coming but it will be late summer or early fall before it is announced.

If it will be announced late summer/early fall, when would an expected release be? November/December?

w2wpaul#WP

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Another webOS guy on Sprint looking to upgrade my 2 year old phone (but not to the little green robot). So you guys like the Arrive then (apart from the global roaming aspect)? Part of the reason I love the Pre so much is the portrait sliding keyboard...never really saw myself rotating the phone around 90 degrees if I wanted to type something. Frankly though the webOS outlook for Sprint is looking pretty bleak...

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Another webOS guy on Sprint looking to upgrade my 2 year old phone (but not to the little green robot). So you guys like the Arrive then (apart from the global roaming aspect)? Part of the reason I love the Pre so much is the portrait sliding keyboard...never really saw myself rotating the phone around 90 degrees if I wanted to type something. Frankly though the webOS outlook for Sprint is looking pretty bleak...

the arrive is awsome the only problem is the small screen but if your coming from webos that you might just like that small screen...
WP7 is an awsome OS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven