New Sprint Device?

anon(4743061)

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I would sure like a non-slider on sprint. I'm due for an upgrade in about a month but I just can't see myself using a phone with a keyboard.

My perfect phone would have a any color but black aluminum body(or whatever it is that Nokia uses on the N9) a 4" qHD screen, iPhone 4 quality camera, a nice front facing camera and HUGE battery or great battery life.

Hopefully Nokia delivers.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I would sure like a non-slider on sprint. I'm due for an upgrade in about a month but I just can't see myself using a phone with a keyboard.

My perfect phone would have a any color but black aluminum body(or whatever it is that Nokia uses on the N9) a 4" qHD screen, iPhone 4 quality camera, a nice front facing camera and HUGE battery or great battery life.

Hopefully Nokia delivers.

I wouldn't expect to see a Nokia device on Sprint until at least 2013, if ever. Let's face it, CDMA is not something they are going to look at developing any time soon. It seems as a Sprint user, our choices are be satisfied with second rate devices, or go to AT&T.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I hope you are wrong I have been with Sprint for a very long time. but if they don't keep up with new WP devices I will eventually change to att.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, current webOS user here as well for the time being and on Sprint... as with others and the outlook of a webOS device on Sprint, I am seriously considering WP7. Actually, I love the functionality of WP7. This is killing me not knowing if or when a WP device is coming again for Sprint. I am not willing to jump ship on Sprint because of my plan and the outrageous prices other carriers have. But I love the look of the Samsung Focus, the feel...I am not so sure about the Arrive though.

My wife and I had upgraded to the Evo back in like Oct of last year, hated it, and after hearing that HP was releasing another line of devices, sold our Evo's and went back to our Pre (-). My phone is literally falling apart, She doesn't have an upgrade until next year, and I don't think I have one for another few months because of using them on the crappy Evo...

So, do we pay for the Arrive off of contract? Wait for another device to be announced?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, current webOS user here as well for the time being and on Sprint... as with others and the outlook of a webOS device on Sprint, I am seriously considering WP7. Actually, I love the functionality of WP7. This is killing me not knowing if or when a WP device is coming again for Sprint. I am not willing to jump ship on Sprint because of my plan and the outrageous prices other carriers have. But I love the look of the Samsung Focus, the feel...I am not so sure about the Arrive though.

My wife and I had upgraded to the Evo back in like Oct of last year, hated it, and after hearing that HP was releasing another line of devices, sold our Evo's and went back to our Pre (-). My phone is literally falling apart, She doesn't have an upgrade until next year, and I don't think I have one for another few months because of using them on the crappy Evo...

So, do we pay for the Arrive off of contract? Wait for another device to be announced?

I would wait at least 6 to 8 more weeks and see what is coming for Sprint ... I would hope that they get more WP's I really don't understand why ATT has 4 and everyone else has 1, Tmoble has 2 but they only talk about the HTC never the Dell nor do any of the carriers advertise for Windows Phones ? Come on Microsoft lets step up the advertising ...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I love my Arrive I think it is a great device. If you like the forum facter I would say get it it will get mango so you will have the latest software in the end. I'm just saying if Sprint doesn't make an effert to keep up with WP and stays manly with Android I will have to move on.

anon(4743061)

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't expect to see a Nokia device on Sprint until at least 2013, if ever. Let's face it, CDMA is not something they are going to look at developing any time soon. It seems as a Sprint user, our choices are be satisfied with second rate devices, or go to AT&T.

i would never go to at&t. They have the worst service i have ever seen. t-mob is even worse.

I hope you're wrong but i cant help nut feel deep down you're right. I do think there we be a big push come Nokia time. Its pretty much do or die at this point.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Sprint has been pretty good about putting out the first this and the first that. They had the first WimMo 5.0 device the Apache. Then they had the Pre first then there was the Arrive the first CDMA WP7 with NoDo so I hope they keep it up. I don't want to have to change carriers I really like Sprint.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
i would never go to at&t. They have the worst service i have ever seen. t-mob is even worse.

I hope you're wrong but i cant help nut feel deep down you're right. I do think there we be a big push come Nokia time. Its pretty much do or die at this point.

I hope I am wrong too. The pricing for Sprint plans is definately good, though it isn't quite as good now that they have reconfigured their Premier program. At any rate, I am willing to pay a little more per month to get some decent devices if it comes down to it. But I will wait and see what happens, hopefully I am surprised! =)

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely gonna wait for at least a little while. I have to admit though, I was online yesterday looking at plans on ATT and Tmobile. Don't want to switch, but it can be tempting especially with the sexy look of the Focus and HD7... I am hearing rumors from a friend about a certain "Superphone" coming to Sprint in September, but can't say I give two craps about that OS. I was actually really into webOS until I came across this little puppy. WOW. Even my wife is intrigued.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As it has been a month since the last post on this, allow me to give a little update. I was in a couple of Sprint stores today, and was not excited by the Arrive. It seems a good, well constructed phone, but 3.6" as the only option is strange. Seeing it sitting next to the Motorla Photon with the GS2 from Samsung coming, both with 4.3" screens, it seems like a entry level smartphone instead of the smooth running, bug free option that W7 is. Talking to the Sprint reps, they knew nothing of any other W7 coming except the rumor of the Mazaa, which is the HTC Trophy for Sprint. A 3.8" screen is way to small for a full touchscreen, in my opinion. If Sprint does indeed get the iPhone 5, W7 will be in a bad way on Sprint. I want off of AT&T, but I like W7. So irratated ....

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
September and October are when I expect all the next-gen WP7 devices to be announced.

HTC is announcing their Mango phones before IFA on Sept 1st. IFA - Home Hopefully we'll learn about some other devices at IFA as well.

Also, the Fujitsu IS12T is a CDMA device. There is always a possibility that could come to Sprint. Keep your fingers crossed!

king5697#CB

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Me ranting....I think Microsoft rushed the release of Windows Phone 7 to the market because honestly, they had no choice if they wanted it to be half way relevant. They had a collection of phones, built by various manufacturers, ready to be sold and they had a contract with AT+t to be the preferred carrier for their platform..Sprint and T-Mobile being the garnish on the dinner plate. Each phone in the current lineup are all pretty much identical internally but each different in some way shape or form to make them all seem special.

I think the second generation of Windows Phone7 phones will include a better variety of phones for carriers to choose from and the inclusion of Mango will go along ways in helping Microsoft in the phone wars....

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint always likes to announce their new phones at their own events. They rarely reveal new phones at trade shows like CES or MWC. So don't lose hope when you see all these new phones announced on other carriers.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers