What is your dream windows 7 phone?

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't have to be realistic, just share what you want.

Mine:

*4.5" super amoled plus screen.
*1GB RAM
*1.5 ghz dual core
*Front camera
*Awesome rear camera (mp's don't matter if the lens sucks)
*I guess att bands, honestly though I would probably switch for this phone if I had to.
*Made by htc or samsung.
*32GB memory
*Mango or better.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I want your phone :p

Seriously though, all that, plus Gorilla Glass, and add a slide out keyboard that never Oreos and isn't as quick to slide as the Quantum, and I'm in.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Right now, my dream WP7 is an HTC Trophy that is sitting the FedEx depot, thanks for screwing up my order Verizon!! LOL

But seriously:
--Super Amoled probably in the 4.3" range.. not much bigger
--Rugged build, like the Dell, A real mans phone, maybe the body is stainless steel.
With the rugged build comes Gorilla glass, of course.
--An AWESOME camera, larger lens, and just a phenomenal picture. 8 or 10 megapixals.
--Head to head gaming over bluetooth.
--(this is a maybe idea, just thought of it sitting here) The phone would build a QR code or MS Tag for a contact, having all your info about that person... if you wanted to pass that contact along, you pull up the tag, they scan it and have the info. Dunno if this would be possible, but a kind of cool idea maybe.
--Maybe a horizontal slider (not sure which I prefer)
--Great sound, maybe designed by one of the big audio companies.
--Mango of course.
--Flash memory upgradable, across all devices.
--More base memory from OEM's. 16GB BARE MINIMUM.

As long as the OS quality stays good, I don't think there is much need for a huge processor. As long as it all runs smoothly, its all good to me. They (manufacturers) have to be sure that they balance everything with battery life. A dual core is going to suck more power, just a fact of physics. As a long time tech geek that makes a living in tech, I understand the desire for bigger, better, Faster! (grunt!) But we consumers of course want it all, but if you only get 5 hours out of your battery because your Quad core hyper drive device sucks the juice so fast you have to carry a charging cable in your pocket, no one will be happy. Just make sure that the OS works smoothly on the hardware.

Last edited:

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
It'd be like contact lenses, except not intrusive. It'd follow hand gestures and acknowledge voice commands a la Star Trek. It'd let me shoot lasers out of my eyes, have an app that allows me to scan what I see with different filters, and wouldn't need a power source...

Am I being too unrealistic yet? :p

Realistically, I want the screen size of the HD7, the SAMOLED of the Focus, shape and the front face of the ASUS device but with the Windows button style of the Omnia 7, and the back and keyboard of the Arrive.

Reactions: jalb

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My dream/perfect phone that is doable with current tech or within the next 6months to a year:

1. Samsungs Next Gen of AMOLED display (hopefully something with improvements in sunlight ect)
2. High build quality & good form factor - everything, including chassis
3. High quality optics (like Nokia N8 or better) on rear camera with 1080p capability
4. 64GB internal NAND memory
5. Front Facing Camera capable of 720p (this one not necessary though...VGA is fine)
6. Mango+ Windows Phone Software
7. High quality sound from speaker and adequate volume
8. NFC for next gen purchases / electronic wallets
9. Quadband World Phone
10. 4" screen (over that gets to be a little too much stretching to reach certain spots on phone....I don't want a tablet in my pocket ;)
11. High efficiency current gen CPU/GPU. Dual core not really necessary at the moment, but would take one of the recent offerings as that will allow for future growth with software that uses it as it becomes available.
12. Very good battery life / efficiency such as found on the iPhone4, blackberries ect. This is one area most phones need improvement.
13. Unlocked!

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I was going to list everything I wanted, but it was easier to just type I want a Galaxy S II with LTE running WP7. Exynos is awesome and this thing gets roughly 2 days worth of charge on Touchwized Android with a 1650mAh battery. Imagine what it could do with WP7 on board.

Samsung GALAXY S II

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My only requirements for a dream phone are:

Windows Phone
Runs on Sprint
Also has quad band GSM

That's it. Pretty simple. But sadly, it will never happen.

wolfman-fu

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I would want the following.

1. 4-4.5" screen
2. Slide out keyboard
3. mango
4. 1GB of ram
5. front and back cameras
6. At least 720p video recording
7. Anything that is not made by samsung (I just hate samsung)

nrtv20

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I would want the following.

1. 4-4.5" screen
2. Slide out keyboard
3. mango
4. 1GB of ram
5. front and back cameras
6. At least 720p video recording
7. Anything that is not made by samsung (I just hate samsung)

I would agree with all the above but I dont need the keyboard, and how about the 1.2Ghz Dual Qualcomm would be nice!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want this.

*An upgraded Optimus 7 ( love the form factor ) body.

*replace the plastic with a nicer material like aluminum or tough marble.

*8PM+ Camera

*Retina displayer or super Amoled 2 ( The which ever looks nice )

*Louder speaker

*Better call quality. Everyone hears me perfectly but I wouldn't mind clearer sound on my part.

*Better exclusive LG apps, Weather and clock should have a live title also I love panorama shot and wouldn't mind if it autofocused the pictures automarically. That being said.

*Autofocus for camera and Video.

*1080p HD video with great audio

* I want the phone in Black and White. with different colored backs to combine then with the live titles.

*burgburguglaglagla.

whoops sorry I'm drooling.

JRDroid

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
4" slcd or samoled+
lte
1 ghz (dual core just to future proof I suppose)
N8 quality camera
Front facing camera
Aluminum unibody
PHYSICAL BUTTONS, not capacitive.
Made by HTC or nokia

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't have to be realistic, just share what you want.

Mine:

*4.5" super amoled plus screen.
*1GB RAM
*1.5 ghz dual core
*Front camera
*Awesome rear camera (mp's don't matter if the lens sucks)
*I guess att bands, honestly though I would probably switch for this phone if I had to.
*Made by htc or samsung.
*32GB memory
*Mango or better.

Every thing u said in there BUT!!! . MAKE THE SCREEN 3D!!!! lol its cumming soon. Nokia , Motorola and Samsung have all announced the making of 3D mobile phones so its just a matter of time now i hope!"!

im surprised no one has said 3D yet!!!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
-Nokia manufactured phone
-4.3" Super Amoled + screen
-Front Facing 3.2 mp camera
-Rear Facing 16 mp Carl Zeiss optics equipped camera
-1.5 GHz quad-core processor w/ GPU clocking in at 600 MHz (lets go balls out with Xbox games right?)
-3 GB ROM (for good measure and future proofing)
-64 GB dual-channel RAM
-Expandable storage with an included 128 GB microSD card
-All sensory inputs available (gyroscope, accelerometer, compass etc)
-SoC to include all latest radio standards for WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS
-Equipped with multi-band LTE and pentaband HSPA+ (should work with every network known... Wait except for Sprint but who really likes them anyways? Lol jk)
-12,300 mAh battery (lets get at least a good weeks worth of usage right?)
-device is no thicker than an iPhone 4.
-No 3D its a gimmick
-Wait we're still in 2011? Damn... Well nevermind.

Edit: it also needs to have Emma Stone's phone number saved in my contacts.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo