HTC Eternity

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Why do people have some much faith in Nokia. They haven't made a phone that I'd buy in 10 years. We must have a lot of non US WPcentral users. I personally think the Nokia deal is going to fail.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Why do people have some much faith in Nokia. They haven't made a phone that I'd buy in 10 years. We must have a lot of non US WPcentral users. I personally think the Nokia deal is going to fail.

IMO, it's because all they have to focus on is hardware (for the most part). Microsoft is handling the software part with WP7.

When it comes to hardware, Nokia has always been good in that department, mainly in the camera and battery life.

Aside from aesthetics, how many times do you ever see Nokia receive a bad review when it comes to hardware?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Well, I have used Nokia phones for 6 years now with my Russian SIM card. I have to say, I absolutely love Nokia hardware, better than all the Blackberries I have had here in the states. For people who travel overseas constantly, Nokia hardware will be the gold standard. HTC just does not have the history and experience that Nokia does of making great devices for business and international markets. So, for most consumers, HTC is fine, since they flood the market with devices. But for myself, I can't imagine ever buying an HTC device. It has to be Nokia.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Their high-end smartphones are amazing hardware-wise. E.G. the N8 is an aluminum unibody design and has a gorilla glass screen, AMOLED display, and a Carl Zeiss camera lens. It supposedly has the best picture quality you can get from a smartphone camera, as well as excellent call quality.

Nokia hardware + WP7 is going to be awesome.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's the American in my, but I only find Nokia phone average. The N8 has too many buttons and looks clunky. I don't think people ask "is that a carl Zeiss lens" when buying a phone. **** I still don't know what a Carl Zeiss camera lens is. Nor do I care. I think HTC is going to the best OEM.
Their high-end smartphones are amazing hardware-wise. E.G. the N8 is an aluminum unibody design and has a gorilla glass screen, AMOLED display, and a Carl Zeiss camera lens. It supposedly has the best picture quality you can get from a smartphone camera, as well as excellent call quality.

Nokia hardware + WP7 is going to be awesome.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's the American in my, but I only find Nokia phone average. The N8 has too many buttons and looks clunky. I don't think people ask "is that a carl Zeiss lens" when buying a phone. **** I still don't know what a Carl Zeiss camera lens is. Nor do I care. I think HTC is going to the best OEM.

Wow well thanks for sharing your totally uneducated, worthless opinion.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Your welcome. Nokia sucks. Have a good day.
Wow well thanks for sharing your totally uneducated, worthless opinion.
a person may or may not be a idiot if they use their phone to take pics and they are a true photographer. I already know which one u are.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Woah, guys chill, they are just phones. No big deal.

Regardless of what you think of Nokia phones, this deal with Nokia will only help push Windows Phone forward.

As for me, I'll just pick whatever phone I deem best, regardless of manufacturer.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Your welcome. Nokia sucks. Have a good day. a person may or may not be a idiot if they use their phone to take pics and they are a true photographer. I already know which one u are.

I can't carry a DSLR with me all the time, but my Focus is always with me. A "true" photographer will make the most of whatever camera they have with them. :)

On that note, Nokia has some of the best cameras on phones today. They're one of the most popular, if not the most popular "camera" manufacturers today in part because of this, and in part because they can push so many phones out at all price levels. I get that not everyone digs Nokia hardware, especially here in the US where the best Nokias aren't subsidized. But I think they'll make a powerful partner with Microsoft given their experience outside the US, buying power, and the money they put into research that's begging to be integrated into Windows Phone. And it's not like we don't have devices coming from the likes of HTC, Samsung, Fujitsu and others.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that the value that Nokia provides is another option for those considering WP7 phones as a possibility.

If you think all Nokias suck, I would recommend against getting one. If you think Nokias are the best thing since sliced bread, you'll have on waiting for you. Why the arguing about having another WP7 option?

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is stepping there game and designs up to appeal to American users! the sea ray looks slick as **** like a iPod nano look idk I think the Nokia deal is good there navigation there cameras there already grip on world wide market and there hardware! Never ever have a called a Nokia phone nice but the sea ray has really changed that. The phone could be my next phone and is something Samsung or Apple couldve made imo

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you, unless microsoft brings a huge marketing push it's gonna fail. Nokia is associated with crappy phones in every part of the west.

I'm personally disappointed with all recent mango phones, the one I like the most are the fujitsu and the searay. ( I know is Nokia and it contradicts what I said but is a nice looking phone )

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you, unless microsoft brings a huge marketing push it's gonna fail. Nokia is associated with crappy phones in every part of the west.

I'm personally disappointed with all recent mango phones, the one I like the most are the fujitsu and the searay. ( I know is Nokia and it contradicts what I said but is a nice looking phone )

which smartphones were crappy, in respect to hardware by Nokia in the West?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
which smartphones were crappy, in respect to hardware by Nokia in the West?

I would like to know that as well. My first second and third cell phones not smart phones just cell phones back in the day were all Nokias and they were tanks I beet the snot out of those phones and they always lasted.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know that as well. My first second and third cell phones not smart phones just cell phones back in the day were all Nokias and they were tanks I beet the snot out of those phones and they always lasted.
I had a Nokia 6682 which was considered a smartphone back then. I had some dumb phones that were Nokia and their hardware was superior and battery life was unmatched.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome. Nokia sucks. Have a good day. a person may or may not be a idiot if they use their phone to take pics and they are a true photographer. I already know which one u are.

I'm having a hard time following your ignorant, incoherent babbling. I'll just say that I own a Nikon D3000 as well as a decent point-and-shoot. The Carl Zeiss camera in the N8 is supposedly as good as a mid-range point and shoot camera. Meaning that, if we get WP7 phones with similar cameras, that's one less device to carry around with me.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

ditto that. I've never had any problems with the Nokia phones I had back in the day and I've never known of anyone with a Nokia who was not satisfied.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time following your ignorant, incoherent babbling. I'll just say that I own a Nikon D3000 as well as a decent point-and-shoot. The Carl Zeiss camera in the N8 is supposedly as good as a mid-range point and shoot camera. Meaning that, if we get WP7 phones with similar cameras, that's one less device to carry around with me.
let me make it simple for you. If you are photographer and you use a camera phone, you are a idiot. Can you understand that?

FYI. Taking pics of your cats and posting them to Facebook doesn't make you a photographer.

Infraction notice coming in 5,4,3,2..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss