Samsung working on a Galaxy S II Windows Phone?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
God I hope this will be coming to CDMA this time and not just ATT
I would love this on the Sprint Network...
does the Galaxy S II work on CDMA ?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to respectfully disagree on that. Galaxy S II is a very pretty phone and it feels great on the hand. Really lightweight.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Out of 2005 and into my heart. Just put a big sexy Windows logo in the button. also make it change colors depending on your theme.

Last edited:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It's also displaying HTC tiles, so this is obviously a mockup.

And Galaxy S II hardware (with a few modifications obviously) with Mango seems like such a nobrainer. Hopefully, sales of the current Galaxy S II will drive the component costs down enough for them to offer this in 16GB and 32GB variants.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Big clunky phone will be big and clunky. What a waste of space. I wonder who's going to make a near edge to edge display. Iphone 5 maybe?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Big clunky phone will be big and clunky. What a waste of space. I wonder who's going to make a near edge to edge display. Iphone 5 maybe?
The problem with reducing the space around a display is that it makes it easier to inadvertently touch the display. It also makes it easier to cover content while casually holding the phone, not to mention the fact that cases have to be designed with this type of design in mind. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that there's several real hurdles to overcome. A phone that is practically all screen would be pretty eye-catching, I must admit.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Might be ok if the redesign the huge button, because that doesn't look good. IF they just go to 3 soft buttons like the Focus, that could be a pretty nice device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb